Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 2:16:37 AM EDT
First off, anyone who says 'America isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic' is a liar and a fool. The President isn't chosen by the percentage of the popular vote, but that's about it. In every other way, America is a majority rule nation. So, the "republic" shit is old, tired and worn out. Take that up the road.

This is a question that I think should be discussed. It is the most fundamental question, in many ways. Do you have faith in American "Democracy?"

Do you believe that your voice matters?

Do you believe that we have a government of, by and for The People? And I want to expound on this. If you say that we no longer have a government of, by and for The People, think about this...is it because your boy lost, or do you really think that the government is no longer adherent to The People? If you really believe the Government is no longer Adherent to The People, then please, I would like to know why.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:17:37 AM EDT
[#1]
absolutely not. Completely Jaded.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:18:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Federalism is a hard concept for many to grasp.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Rip

Better get involved locally like said above.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
DC has run amok. Doesn’t matter who has control it’s headed in a singular direction.

Sadly the inability to change the cretins in our own party has been widely unsuccessful not to mention the complete loss of a large number of seats to rinos in the house/senate.

Couple that with 50% of the population leaning hard communism and the inability to have our general votes count and it’s an impossible task.

At a Federal level I think we are done with the ability to push for a remedy. At a state level you might hold or see limited change in some states but it’s highly unlikely that’s long term.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:32:36 AM EDT
[#6]
If our government cared about its people almost nothing would change from party to party.

Our constitution limits our politicians power yet they ignore it and pass all sorts of self serving, unjust and unconstitutional laws. They give our money away to foreign countries, sign treaties that put other nations first, and send our soldiers to conflicts we have no business in. They crash our economy and kill jobs to appease environmentalist extremists. They allow violence to continue in cities to appease mobs. Our criminal justice system is a revolving door. Criminals are set free and political enemies are locked up.

Our elections were at the very least, not secure and no one does anything about it. Our Supreme Court won't even hear petitions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:36:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I will tell you the truth about my position.

I no longer believe that we have a government of, by and for The People. I do not feel this way because Trump lost. To be 100% honest, I voted for Trump in 2016 and in 2020, and I feel that Biden's presidency is going to be a disaster. With that said, I did not lose faith in American "Democracy" because Trump lost. I lost faith in American "democracy" many years ago.

Back in 2010, I didn't bother to vote. I sat it out on purpose and I made it known to everyone I could that I was not voting in protest. I have voted in every other election since I turned 18. I voted in Presidential and Midterm elections, except for 2010. I truly believe that Boner and Obama were two sides of the same wooden nickel and I didn't want to have any part of either.

But, as I said, it wasn't Trump losing that made me believe that American "Democracy" is a joke. It was actually a Tea Party representative that I can't even remember. This was a guy who was full of piss and vinegar, got elected in the 2010 election to set things in Washington aright. I can't remember his name. I can't remember where he was from (I think it was the midwest). But, I remember that he spilled The Beans. This was a guy who got about a week's worth of airtime on Right Wing news and radio outlets because he told about what happened at his induction meeting. He said that what happened was all the freshman Republicans were sat down and told what The Score is; if you want to be on a committee, then you need to contribute some big dollars to The Party. It was $150,000 to be on this committee, and $200,000 to be on that committee and if you wanted to really swing your dick, then you needed to contribute $250,000 for the top committees. When he asked how they were supposed to get that kind of jack, the answer was to hold fundraisers with lobbyists.

When I was a kid, my Grandma (who wasn't particularly political) always used to say 'Even if they elect an honest man, they get their hooks in him and make him a dishonest man!' That little representative, from God only knows where, convinced me that Grandma was right.

And that is why I don't believe in American "Democracy."
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice story but Trump didn’t lose and that was the final nail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:40:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
First off, anyone who says 'America isn't a Democracy, it's a Republic' is a liar and a fool. The President isn't chosen by the percentage of the popular vote, but that's about it. In every other way, America is a majority rule nation. So, the "republic" shit is old, tired and worn out. Take that up the road.

This is a question that I think should be discussed. It is the most fundamental question, in many ways. Do you have faith in American "Democracy?"

Do you believe that we have a government of, by and for The People? And I want to expound on this. If you say that we no longer have a government of, by and for The People, think about this...is it because your boy lost, or do you really think that the government is no longer adherent to The People? If you really believe the Government is no longer Adherent to The People, then please, I would like to know why.
View Quote

The Constitution directs a Republican form of government, so take it up the road.

We still have a representative form of government, we aren't voting directly on laws.

Majority rule is evil.

This is not a majority rule country, it's a defacto oligarchy with a layer of political "demaocracy" theater laid over the top.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:42:56 AM EDT
[#10]
"A republic."

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#11]
“We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion…Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” – John Adams
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:51:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#13]
No.

And I would have said the same even if Trump had won.

All he was doing is buying time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:53:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Lets just say I plan on living outside the US for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice story but Trump didn't lose and that was the final nail.
View Quote

And that's another problem. They swear up and down that there was no voter fraud. None. Zip. Zero. Nada. But who defines what "voter fraud" is? The partisan politicians elected to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court who say it's perfectly OK for county election officials to tell election workers to 'fix" ballots to be counted in contravention of state law? United States Supreme Court Justices who say that one state doesn't have standing to sue another state because the state being sued didn't follow their own election laws? The bald headed fat guy on CNN with the beady little eyes that reads the script handed to him and says that I'm a terrorist because I don't believe in American Democracy? The Georgia Secretary of State who did nothing while ballots were being shredded when Trump's people showed up to inspect them?

I don't know. Trump, to me, was never The God Emperor. He was fun because Hitlery's followers went bat shit (I imagine those people are laughing at us now, exactly the same way), but it was never about Trump. I really never liked him, and he did a lot of things I didn't agree with. In many ways, I thought he was childish and foolish, making enemies where he didn't need to and making some very bad decisions. But, his biggest decisions mostly made America prosperous and safe.

But, to say that there weren't any shenanigans that a lot of powerful people turned a blind eye to would be dishonest. Did the decision in the 2020 election sway my view? Yes, it did. But, make no mistake, my position has nothing to do with the man. Donald Trump is of no use to me aside from his ability to reduce regulation, cut taxes and promote America first policies when it comes to trade. In many way, I think he's a jerkoff who contributed to his own downfall and gave his critics plenty of ammunition to use against him. I have no interest in seeing him run again, and frankly, if I never heard from Trump again, then that would be just fine. But, this isn't about Trump. Trump is the excuse that The Powerful are using to justify their power grab.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:08:05 AM EDT
[#16]
My faith is DEFINITELY shaken. The sheer power the media has put on display to steer not only elections, but society and the public in ways that will absolutely drive election outcomes is what frightens me.

The whole Hunter Biden shit being suppressed, which likely might have torpedoed his daddy's campaign was a huge one. It was a raw, naked display of blatant partisanship. I asked my parents (who aren't strongly political, but seem to buy the "orange man bad" stuff) if they'd heard about it a couple weeks back. Nope. They didn't know anything at all about it.

I do think there was definitely hinkey shit going on with the election. Things like people using the "indefinite confinement" rules in Wisconsin after their County Commissioners (IIRC) told them to, after they were told not to do that. Things like failing to purge voter registrations or review them in any meaningful way. That story about the dude that moved from Kalifornia 10 years ago, who did what he thought he was supposed to do to de-register, but they still sent him a ballot... and his dead parents! The hinkey shit in GA where some odd hundreds (or was it thousands?) of voters registered using PO boxes or other non-residential addresses? SUPER high participation in some states of people over 90 years old? Yeah, you know people were manipulating them, or just taking their ballots and filling them out.

There were just a ton of hinkey things that I think definitely added up and more than likely affected the outcome.

I'm even of the mind that they likely pulled similar shit in 2016, but didn't "crank it up to 10" because they didn't think Trump had a real chance.

And it pisses me off now that the predominant attitude, again driven by the media, is that "there was no fraud... I mean, there was no widespread fraud... I mean, there was no widespread fraud that would have affected the outcome"... it seems that if their side won, they don't care about any issues or actual fraud.

Now the election law changes they want to push will open it up and make it less secure.

So what can we really do? We're probably gonna have to cheat.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#17]
the dakotas and alaska have 2 senators each, just like cali, ny, fla, and texas.  it's a fucking republic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes. I don't like the way it is lead and the immorality of the leaders.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:26:48 AM EDT
[#19]
No. After everything that's happened over the past 12 months, what really broke me the most was when this site got deplatformed. It's fucking over, we're fucked.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:37:16 AM EDT
[#20]
I answered no and I am now firmly in the camp that democracy or democratic voting is a mistake.  In its current form it's nothing more than a smokescreen to cover the oligarchy that actually controls the country.  Those people who have enough power to shape the opinion of the masses are able to decide who gets elected as politicians.  The politicians are nothing more than proxies for special interests which are dictated by the larger corporations and foreign governments.

Democracy has had a disastrous effect on all Americans.  It has created division and infighting within our communities and even our families.  Instead of being one nation and all of us Americans first, we are divided by identity politics and political ideology.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:43:04 AM EDT
[#21]

"...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands..."

In a pure democracy, majority rules.  51% can vote to murder 49% and it's "legal".  In our constitutional republic, there are limits on what voters can do.

But to answer your question, no, I don't trust that our voting system works as intended, and I don't trust that elected officials intend to represent my interests in government.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:56:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Democracy works fine. You just need to have voters that are the productive citizens of society. It works great until normies get involved.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"...and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands..."

In a pure democracy, majority rules.  51% can vote to murder 49% and it's "legal".  In our constitutional republic, there are limits on what voters can do.
View Quote

Are there *really* though? If they passed a law saying all Trump voters shall be shot in the face, do you really trust the court would stop it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:31:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Democracy is and always has been one of the worst forms of government known to man. There's a reason why democracies almost invariable devolve into oligarchies or dictatorships of some for or another, which is what we actually have.

If you want to understand the true horrors of democratic processes in action, read about the trial of Socrates.

Republics at least put procedures in place to moderate the worst effects of democracy. I'd argue that we still have some form of a limited republic as long as the filibuster is in place and we have divided government, but of course even that is hanging by a soon-to-be-cut thread right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:37:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

My boy didn’t lose.

The democrats cheated and the courts turned a blind eye to it and to the violation of the constitution.

We no longer have fair elections nor do we have a constitution. No constitution, no fair courts, no laws.

This isn’t America anymore. It’s a post-American state, reminiscent of a banana republic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#27]
No faith.

The question of the election being stolen is one thing, I honestly don't know if it was or was not.

I just think most Americans are too stupid to vote, and far too many vote based on emotion.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:00:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My boy didn't lose.

The democrats cheated and the courts turned a blind eye to it and to the violation of the constitution.

We no longer have fair elections nor do we have a constitution. No constitution, no fair courts, no laws.

This isn't America anymore. It's a post-American state, reminiscent of a banana republic.
View Quote
Mother fucking truth.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My boy didn’t lose.

This isn’t America anymore. It’s a post-American state, reminiscent of a banana republic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My boy didn’t lose.

We are in a Post Constitutional "Technocracy" the three Branches of this Technocracy are Big Tech ,Big Media and Big Corrupt Gov. all working hand in glove for your enslavement.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#30]
LOL no.
We have no democracy anyhow, we have/had a Republic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:23:57 AM EDT
[#31]
To your question, the answer is, no.
It shouldn't be but, it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:26:55 AM EDT
[#32]
A government by, for and of the people? What a joke. The vast majority of congressmen are in it for themselves and are corrupt thieves profiting from their positions of power. Many of them would like nothing less than to take away every right that people are guaranteed in our Constitution in order to better be able to rule with an iron fist and have no fear of repercussions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:27:12 AM EDT
[#33]
"It is clear to me now that the Republic no longer functions."
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
absolutely not. Completely Jaded.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#36]
No one should have any faith in any democracy larger than friends voting on pizza toppings. It is an incredibly stupid system.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:30:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Think of a bell curve...by definition, half the population is below average intelligence.  Nope, no faith in democracy at all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#38]
American democracy is a complete sham.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Democracy as a form of government is inherently flawed. We’re just seeing the natural progression. Alexis De Tocqueville had several quotes on the problems.

“In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.”
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:08:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

But we couldn’t keep it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"A republic."

But we couldn’t keep it.

Which is sad.......
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:08:56 AM EDT
[#41]
John Adams:
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other
View Quote

Democracy is neccessary for a free society but not sufficient.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Nope
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Nope, not after Nov 3, 2020
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#44]
No !
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#45]
When congress spends 87% of it's time trying to either circumvent the constitution or toss it aside entirely you know the country is in trouble.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
John Adams:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
John Adams:
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Hasn't been for a while and this past Nov 3rd was the last nail in the coffin.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#48]
No, seeing what Stacey Abrams has done to Georgia with her "vote harvesting" has crushed my faith in our democracy.  What really concerns me is that this "vote harvesting" being taken nationwide.  If that happens there is no hope for our democracy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:52:52 AM EDT
[#49]
It absolutely blows my mind hearing and reading people say things like “we’ll vote them out come 2022.”

LOL, uh no you will not.

If you lived up until this very day and have not realized the following as the truth, you are a moron.

1. There are only a couple of Republicans and Democrats. The rest are the single Government Party.
2. Elections are rigged, bought and paid for. You saw it happen in real time and every single check and balance that should have stopped it turned it’s head to the crime.
3. If you don’t know what 5th Generation Warfare is, you better start learning.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Lots of idiots out there..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top