Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2021 12:31:03 AM EDT
Action starts at 5:10  
Cliff's notes:  Suspect stabbed other occupant of apartment while police were present investigating man with a knife call.  Bad idea.  NYPD shot suspect, who then took the room temperature challenge and died.

Bodycam Footage of NYPD Cops Shooting Knife-Wielding Suspect

Shooting took place in 2019, but body cam video was released today

On Friday, February 8, 2019, at approximately 6:56 AM, a 9-1-1 call was received reporting that Mr. Rembert-Williams, the caller's husband, had violated an order of protection. The caller also explained that he was trapped in the bathroom because Mr. Rembert-Williams, who was in possession of a knife, was attempting to assault him and threatening to kill him. Police Officer Cordova and Police Officer Singh responded to the call for assistance, arriving approximately ten minutes later. Upon entering the apartment, the officers spoke with the complainant, who informed them that Mr. Rembert-Williams was no longer at the location.  Police Officer Cordova began checking the apartment to confirm Mr. Rembert-Williams was no longer present. While doing so, Police Officer Cordova encountered Mr. Rembert-Williams hiding in a closet. After frisking Mr. Rembert-Williams for a weapon, he was asked to accompany the officers into the hallway to discuss what happened prior to their arrival. While walking through the kitchen area toward the apartment door, Mr. Rembert-Williams opened a kitchen drawer, removed a kitchen knife and ran toward the complainant with the knife raised, saying, "I'm going to kill this bitch." Police Officer Cordova fired four shots and Police Officer Singh fired three shots from their service firearms, striking Mr. Rembert-Williams in the torso, leg, and shoulder, resulting in his demise. The complainant was removed to a local hospital, where he was treated for a slash wound to his left shoulder, a puncture wound to his right temple, and a stab wound to his right shoulder. Police Officer Cordova and Police Officer Singh were equipped with body-worn cameras that were activated during this incident. In April 2020, this case was presented to the First Deputy Commissioner's Use of Force Board. The Board determined that the use of force in this case was justified and within department guidelines.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Good shoot
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]
They actually shot the perp, instead of everyone else?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#4]
What’s the deal with dudes having hyphenated last names?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#5]
"I'm gonna kill this bitch!"
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What’s the deal with dudes having hyphenated last names?
View Quote

I think that the dude who almost got stabbed said the other guy was his spouse so it could be he kept his....maiden name?  Whatever you’d call a gay married guys original last name.

I know a couple of guys in the NFL have 2 last names because their real dads were POS so they they kept their moms last name but also took their stepdads last name later on when their moms actually found a decent guy and married.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Two homos.

Homo A is about to be attacked by homo B.  Homo A sounds like a woman on the 911 call.

When police arrive, homo A lies to police saying that possible attacker homo B is not there but homo B is back in the closet.  

Homo B at some point decides to attack homo A and is shot and killed by police.

Moral of story:

1)  Sometimes staying in the closet is a good thing.

2)  Having a hyphenated last name looks queer for a guy...even a homo.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Muh Tueller drill tho
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Two homos.

Homo A is about to be attacked by homo B.  Homo A sounds like a woman on the 911 call.

When police arrive, homo A lies to police saying that possible attacker homo B is not there but homo B is back in the closet.  

Moral of story:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#13]
That 911 operator, I think they picked up the stupidest woman they could find at Wal Mart at 3 in the morning and made her an operator.  Damn!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Had a similar incident years ago. Backed up a sector car team who made the mistake of trying to mediate a family dispute in the kitchen.
Out of nowhere, the girlfriend reaches into the sink, comes out with a big ass blade. I was pulling the trigger as my partner tackled her.
Honestly, I was glad it ended like it did. We'd been there before. She was a decent enough girl. Her boyfriend was the asshole.

Got the blood pumping though, that's for sure. Closest I ever came to shooting someone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Is the fucking 911 operator fucking deaf or just stupid.  Holy shit, that was hard to listen to.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Worst dispatching on the planet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:13:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That 911 operator, I think they picked up the stupidest woman they could find at Wal Mart at 3 in the morning and made her an operator.  Damn!
View Quote

That was my impression, too.  In fear for your life and you draw that dumb slag.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is the fucking 911 operator fucking deaf or just stupid.  Holy shit, that was hard to listen to.
View Quote

Judging by released audio over the years, it would appear 911 operators consist solely of illiterate, urban women.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Judging by released audio over the years, it would appear 911 operators consist solely of illiterate, urban women.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Affirmative action hiring, and requiring employees to live in the city.

If they're literate they go to the academy instead of dispatcher school.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:49:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

(Forest Gump) I think it might be both (Forest Gump)
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Two homos.

Moral of story:

View Quote

Nailed it, close her up boys we're done here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Determined fella.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I'm gonna kill this bitch!"

Determined fella.......

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:27:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NYC 911.

Quoted:
Affirmative action hiring, and requiring employees to live in the city.

Plus abysmal pay.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top