User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2021 3:23:54 PM EDT
I’ve been doing NFA old school for a while
This is nifty and the communication is nice

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
They have a pretty slick setup.

Anything to get more NFA items into the hands of the public is a plus for me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The last can I bought during the pandemic was almost contactless.

I liked the form 1 service as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:39:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have a pretty slick setup.

Anything to get more NFA items into the hands of the public is a plus for me.
View Quote

Exactly
And their kiosk seems like a license to print money for them
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
This is a form 1 through them?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I submitted mail in fingerprints 2 weeks ago and they still haven’t been received...damn USPS
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Silencer Central (formerly Dakota Silencer) does a great job too, very easy and streamlined. Great for first time silencer buyers, they will hold your hand for the whole process
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Silencer Shop rules. It helps get cans to the masses because it removes huge hurdles, especially if your shop has the kiosk.

My first NFA purchase was 11 yeas ago and it was hard enough with the internet guiding me through the process since it was pretty disjointed. I can't imagine dudes back in the 80s. The more NFA items in the hands of the people, the harder they are to remove. Always happy to support a company that works towards that end.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don’t offer the form 1 service anymore.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

F4
Factory SBS
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 4 in jail right now at a local place that uses the kiosk.  If I want a can now, I can call the shop and pay over the phone.  They use my existing info with the kiosk for submittal.

Ridiculously easy.

Omega 9K
Omega Hybrid 46
Omega 36M
Warlock II (my second one)
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have 4 in jail right now at a local place that uses the kiosk.  If I want a can now, I can call the shop and pay over the phone.  They use my existing info with the kiosk for submittal.

Ridiculously easy.

Omega 9K
Omega Hybrid 46
Omega 36M
Warlock II (my second one)
View Quote

Yeah, it’s pretty slick - almost dangerous lol
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:11:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I've always done them the old school way. I filled out 2 recently, and the new forms + leo copies + questionnaires was a pain in the ass. Ill pay my ffl a few more bucks and just use silencershops services next time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:20:23 PM EDT
[#13]
It's convenient until it's not.  I had to have some very specific info for a machine gun I had them do the paperwork on.  I don't know how many emails and phone calls it took to get it right.  I would send them info they could literally cut and paste and every time they would put it in their own words.  It had to say exactly word for word something but they couldn't get it right.

It was a machine gun that was converted to another caliber and I included an approved form indicating as such with a signature from the chief of the atf.

I thought using there service would make life easier with the fingerprint kiosk but it was a nightmare.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

F4
Factory SBS
View Quote

I don't have one of those..
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Impulse buy from the toilet...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's convenient until it's not.  I had to have some very specific info for a machine gun I had them do the paperwork on.  I don't know how many emails and phone calls it took to get it right.  I would send them info they could literally cut and paste and every time they would put it in their own words.  It had to say exactly word for word something but they couldn't get it right.

It was a machine gun that was converted to another caliber and I included an approved form indicating as such with a signature from the chief of the atf.

I thought using there service would make life easier with the fingerprint kiosk but it was a nightmare.
View Quote

I had a one-off with a #1 serial number and a manufacturer that wasn't recognized by the ATF at the time. One phone call, a couple extra days of waiting before being able to submit, no big deal. This was a couple years ago, so no idea if anything changed in that time or not.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#17]
How long did it take to cash the tax stamp after form 4 was signed/submitted?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:51:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Bought two cans in November through a kiosk. It’s the tits.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Both of mine were about 25 days from the day I submitted everything through my dealer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Both of mine were about 25 days from the day I submitted everything through my dealer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Esigned docs on 12-28
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#21]
I did SS for my first two and a proprietary shop's archaic way for the third. SS is better, but they didn't have the YHM Turbo K in stock
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't know they had an app, off to DL it and check it out.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
My experience has been kind of a pain so far. Between my paperwork screw ups and their computer glitches, my paperwork still hasn't been submitted and it's been over 2 months.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:35:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Almost a month.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Got mine today too.  The race is on!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Silencer shop is awesome. I think I've bought 5 silencers through them and currently have two more in jail. They make it as easy as it can be.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh man, I forgot about one in limbo I bought back in the spring last year. Better sign in and try to figure this stupid shit out again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Super smooth and easy. They’ve basically got it down to a science. Docusign and kiosk fingerprints retained on file make it super convenient.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top