Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/22/2021 11:28:19 AM EDT
We all know that everyone is worried about impending gun control with the Biden administration. As a result, everyone is buying everything, you can’t find anything, and anything you can find is overpriced. But in the scenario that he doesn’t, due to considerations of political fallout or sowing discord, how long would you say before supply and prices to normal? Or do you think that will never happen as long as he is president due to lack of trust in him?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Since the mainstays of the current democrat party are abortion and gun control there's no way he's not going to hurt the 2nd A.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry, OP, the Biden administration will come after the guns soon enough.  Your title is wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Then you'll have some choices to make, won't you?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#4]
if biden doesnt harris will when she takes over after the senile bastard steps down.

this isnt getting better anytime soon.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]
By this time next year prices will have returned to normal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Well he IS going to go after guns soooo....
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Have heard mention of an annual tax on UBR's and magazines so of course you would have to report/register how many you own.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe by December 2021 if everyone slows down buying ammo now.

I fear it will go on a while.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Does the sun rise in the morning?  He's coming to take them away.  He's against guns for nearly 50 yrs.  Expect EOs to ATF also.

CD

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:37:46 AM EDT
[#11]

This one stole an election, so there is that
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:38:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, the puppet masters know that all they need to do is somehow get some negative news stories about firearms.   The covid thing is long played out, stories ripping on Trump will slowly fade, so what’s the next big news story?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Its gunna be a year or two at this point imho and thats if no one starts talking serious about bans
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:38:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Ask me again in four years.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First 2 posts nailed it.

He is coming for the guns. The only questions are when and the details.
View Quote

He's been in power less than half a week and has already ejaculated several really fucking stupid EOs. I have no doubt he's going to come after guns.

Remember, we're white supremacists, insurrectionists, and domestic terrorists.

It's going to be a rocky few years. Stay frosty.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#17]
There will be a push in the very near future.

The lefties have bigger things on their plates right now like; destroying Trump, environmental issues, taxes, taxes, taxes, investigating far right people, SJW laws, silencing dissent, etc.

They want to push things hard, hoping for a mass shooting of BLM protesters by a Trump voter who gets caught in a riot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#18]
RFLs and UBCs

RFLs would be 87X more easier to pass and almost just as effective.  Remember all those leftist coworkers and internet people Rs pissed off over the last 8 years?

Or not
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Kamala has already been on record saying within the first 100 days if Congress doesn't act - she will.  So there is no question they are coming.  Prepared accordingly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Remember when everyone said Obama was coming for your guns?
Remember the panic of 2008-2009?
Remember post Sandy Hook?

Gun owners are whiney little victim snowflakes just like the left.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#21]
There can be no political fallout when there are illegitimate elections.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#23]
It all started about 10 months ago during the last administration so why would you think things will ever be normal again?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:43:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does the sun rise in the morning?  He's coming to take them away.  He's against guns for nearly 50 yrs.  Expect EOs to ATF also.

CD

View Quote

This.  He WILL at least attempt something.....and something will end up sticking.  You can bank on it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#26]
They are striking hard and fast.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a few EOs on guns in the next few weeks and a push for the full dem monte (basically CA's set of gun laws all in one package) before the end of summer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

We all will. And I hope one of those choices is to stick together.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#28]
The Left has been very different the past few years. I won't be shocked to see them eliminate the need for 60 votes in the senate and attempt to force gun control on a simple majority vote. It's something that could be fought in the courts for quite some time.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Time is of little concern it will get better or it won't and if it doesn't we will adapt.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Is he still going to have that faggot BihToe do it?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Hopefully sooner rather than later.  I want a Ruger ranch rifle in 7.62x39
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#32]
He will, Either like Clinton, right before midterms, or some event.
It’s like waiting in line for a serial killer. Wait your turn, bub.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#33]
How much did ammo prices rise during the inflation of the 70s?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#34]
He is already down to 48% in the polls according to Rasmussen.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember 1994....or 86 or 68.......Just take the right congress and the right SCOTUS.  As with anything in GOVT, once its done it is RARELY undone.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know about victim snowflakes, but Chicken Littles at least.  I can't remember how many times I walked into a gun store during 2008-2016 and heard "buy it before Obama bans it!" ??
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:52:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#40]
My objective sitrep evaluation (feel free to disagree):

1.  There's a Biden audio (video?) clip floating around where he's angering some dedicated leftists by telling them he can't do much against guns by EO because it would go against the Constitution.  I'd have to look it up again, but I think if I remember correctly that he specifically state he couldn't ban AR's without Congress.  (Grain of salt on my memory for that last sentence).  What he can do is some things like George H.W. Bush tactics like EO's on imports or something.
2.  The Dems own both Houses of Congress and the presidency.  This is their big chance to go for broke and pass it all, which Biden or future president Harris will not hesitate to sign.  Only the filibuster in the Senate is a pothole in their road to effectively ending the 2A, and they may get rid of the filibuster for that reason.
3.  Biden helped write the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and the Patriot Act.  There is no way he doesn't go after more gun controls and people controls.  No way.  
4.  Effective pro 2A lobbying organizations are on the ropes, and I especially mean the NRA.
5.  The so-called "riots" on January 6  undoubtedly made enough politicians' assholes pucker that they may suddenly see the "need" to disarm us even if they didn't before.  On the other hand, some may be more afraid to pass legislation now because they know this country is a powder keg ready to blow and they don't want to piss off an already angry gun-owning public.
6.  ATF can and will probably try to pull some things like reclassifying certain guns as "not for sporting purposes" or as NFA items now that they have an agreeable administration.
7.  Lawsuits and SCOTUS possibly could stop certain pieces of legislation, but at best this takes years to adjudicate while you sit on prohibited items, and there's no guarantee the courts won't do gymnastics to uphold stupid gun laws.  The rule of law in this country no longer outweighs political beliefs and there's no getting around that.
8.  No matter what laws they pass, they probably will never have enough personnel to enforce them.  Even if they hire 200 more ATF agents, that's still not a lot considering there are millions of gun owners who will not comply.  A new ban will probably be forever, though, so whatever you have on the effective ban date will be forever what you ended up with (if you can keep it).
9.  Prohibition never works, and a gun ban will fail just like prohibition of alcohol and the drug war.  Bank on it.  People will just go underground with their firearms.  Eventually there will be violent confrontations.  Although some people will line up to register or surrender their black rifles, you can look at historical evidence of compliance rates and realize that huge numbers of people just don't do along with having to surrender their freedoms.
10.  Whatever gets passed will be nearly impossible to undo later.  Just look at the NFA.  So whatever happens we have to stop the legislation beforehand if we plan on saving our freedoms.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#41]
"If Biden doesn’t try to institute gun control…" this year he may in year two, three or four of his term.

He has a lot of issues on his plate he's pushing. He'll get around to it sooner, not later.

And don't forget.........

Dianne Feinstein "Mr & Mrs America turn them all in"

and her merry band.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#42]
There is a 0% chance that we won’t see radical gun control legislation proposed over the next 2 years
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#43]
The Democrats control Congress and the White house.

Legislation is created in the House of Representatives.

Then it goes to the Senate.

It's not just guns, its ammo that they are after also.

The GCA of 68 is going to look like a mild enema compared to what they are about to shove up our bums.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Well after Sandy Hook, it took until the first part of 2016 before things really returned to normal. And this panic has been way worse than that. Best case scenario, the left massively over reaches and the House and Senate flip in 2022. Then things might get back closer to normal around the time Harris is running for reelection. Worst case? This is the new normal.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:00:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
By this time next year prices will have returned to normal.
View Quote

not a chance.  

probably be about the same as right now, AT BEST ! AND THATS WITHOUT new antigun laws EVEN BEING PUSHED, MUCH LESS PASSED. probably be MUCH worse than now a year down the road. hell,  it took 3 years after sandy hook to find .22lr locally easily..... this is that panic x 10, and extends to pretty much all ammo across the board. for the next few years at a MINIMUM.. anytime ANYTHING shows up at a halfway normal price it will vanish in seconds. the only easy to find ammo / primers will be second hand neck beard stuff or stores selling it sky high, or stores with a 1 box limit per customer.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*High Five*
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:01:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Well after Sandy Hook, it took until the first part of 2016 before things really returned to normal. And this panic has been way worse than that. Best case scenario, the left massively over reaches and the House and Senate flip in 2022. Then things might get back closer to normal around the time Harris is running for reelection. Worst case? This is the new normal.
View Quote

It's the new normal.  They know how to steal elections now with impunity.  They will own all the blue states shortly, and will flip the red states eventually.

We are looking at one-party rule within Biden's presidency (or at least within Kamala's).
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Unless biden fails to push through more gun control because some purple state Democrats balk I would assume the panic will roll along throughout his presidency. If he makes a run for a new assault weapon ban and can't get it through congress than maybe things will return to normal.
View Quote

How ironic would it be to get more gun control under Trump than biden?

More ironic than getting more from Trump than obama?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#49]
I think the best we can hope for is him dragging his feet on legislation and the average ill-informed buyer of guns / ammo back off their purchases and let the supply chain recover. It’s all wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:02:26 PM EDT
[#50]
If he does, just remember, elections have consequences.

I supported Trump for 4 years because I knew how bad a D would be in this climate. I'll sleep just fine.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top