Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/22/2021 11:09:21 AM EDT
Is he the real life Tony Stark?

Or is he the snakeoil salesman from the Simpsons, peddling out monorails (Hyperloops)?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Out of all the billionaires, I believe I actually like Elon. I don't know how much he innovates his companies or just owns them, though.
At the absolute least, he's entertaining.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Modern day Howard Hughes and based as fuck

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd smoke with him
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Im waiting for his baby momma to do baby momma drama things

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems like a cool guy. If I hit this almost billion dollar lotto I would also try to do cool private space stuff and things that are good for humanity in general.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Branching out from your PETA posts, eh?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

He’s growing on me, even though Teslas are still gay as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:23:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gee you're quite late to the party. And confused by the looks of things. Been whiffing too much of that gas?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Gee you're quite late to the party. And confused by the looks of things. Been whiffing too much of that gas?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I have a healthy fear of anhydrous ammonia due to the pain it caused me. I stay away from it as much as I can.

Amusing that a 2021er is talking about being late to the party.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:26:25 AM EDT
[#10]

I don't think about him at all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

In honesty

Howard Hughes grows up hoping one day he can be half as influential as Elon Musk.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I like him. Listened to both of JREs.

I like Tesla and Neurolink and SpaceX too
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.

He’s growing on me, even though Teslas are still gay as fuck.
View Quote

That model S plaid ain’t gay

Watch Tesla Model S Plaid Lap Laguna Seca in 1:30.3 Seconds!
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Too bad he was born in SA, he could run office otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#15]
This generation’s Howard Hughes.

Hopefully minus the mental issues.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, I have a healthy fear of anhydrous ammonia due to the pain it caused me. I stay away from it as much as I can.

Amusing that a 2021er is talking about being late to the party.
View Quote

Hey, we gotta start somewhere, right? ;)
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know the guy personally so can't tell you, but I will say....never trust anyone, especially a person who has power.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#18]
One of my least favorite billionaires.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:32:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I met him several years ago during a business meeting, he struck me as a true visionary who drives his engineers & designers to solve hard riddles and to find ways to create what he envisions. These are the hallmarks that drive progress in technology, and I wish there were more people like him with these qualities.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#20]
He has and will continue to change space travel forever
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:33:44 AM EDT
[#21]
It’s truly going to be hard to quantify after he’s gone how much he has shaped the future.

Someone who is as important as Henry Ford and Thomas Edison combined?

He dominates the rocket industry, absolutely has crushed all competition. He has reinvented the rocket industry not only in research but in development as well.

He has drug the EV industry kicking and screaming into existence. But not only that he dominates in EV tech AND automation. A full generation ahead in each.

He’s the perfect entrepreneur.  He knows how to accumulate young smart people, Motivate them and he knows enough to guide the companies in the most forward looking direction.

He’s only getting richer and more powerful from here. Starlink might just change the world. Starship might just change the world.

He might just be the antichrist.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Curious who’s at the top of your list?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Seems alright to me

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Uhhhh...he's the real fucking deal.

Kicking the ever loving shit out of Boeing in the space race

First to make EVs that people actually wanted to buy and EVs that were actually useful.

In case you missed it the Neural Link is going to be a game changer also.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#25]
The left want his blood so bad. I like him for that if nothing else. He's smart, but there's a fine Line between charlatan and showman.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I wish the archives weren't shut down, so I could copy/paste the post about the guy who interviewed at SpaceX and snorted Steve Jobs' ashes with Elon Musk
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:37:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm still not sure what to think about him, but I'm going to be watching what he does.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I met him several years ago during a business meeting, he struck me as a true visionary who drives his engineers & designers to solve hard riddles and to find ways to create what he envisions. These are the hallmarks that drive progress in technology, and I wish there were more people like him with these qualities.
View Quote

He stands in great contrast to the current crop of shitty modern Jack Welch-style MBAs who are cannibalizing great American firms for their own golden parachutes...
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
As the CEO of SpaceX, he is one of the most incredibly visionaries and innovators the world has seen in a long time.  I am a huge fanboy, and am very impressed by this leadership.

As the CEO of Tesla, he should have been removed by a coup of his board years ago.  The fact that the company still exists is much more because of luck and timing, and in spite of his leadership, not because of it.

The fact that he apparently suffers from bi-polar disorder explains a lot about him.
View Quote

you're just mad that you haven't snorted Steve Jobs' ashes with him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I wish the archives weren't shut down, so I could copy/paste the post about the guy who interviewed at SpaceX and snorted Steve Jobs' ashes with Elon Musk
View Quote

Last semester I applied for a software internship working on Tesla’s autopilot programs. There’s so much mystique around Tesla these days. Around Elon Musk. And let me tell you, he doesn’t have time for any of that in person. He’s a busy man, and an important one.

The competition for one of his internships is one of the toughest in today’s job market, and that’s saying something. I was doing technical interviews over the phone for weeks. One day, an interviewer called in the morning and grilled me for so long that I just straight up skipped one of my classes!

Sacrifices. Elon appreciates those.

At long last I made it to the final round. It’s true what they say-- he interviews everybody who will ever work for him. They flew me out to the Fremont factory in California, and my hands started shaking as soon as I stepped into the building.

I was led into a conference room. And there he was. Elon Musk, in the flesh.

We exchanged pleasantries. Our tone was light, but Elon’s eyes never left mine. I could tell what he was doing. He was sizing me up. Testing the waters. Seeing if I would crack under the pressure.

Ever so slowly, we meandered closer to actual interview territory. “So your resume mentions app development. Tell me about that.”

I had to stop a smile from breaking out onto my face. Oh, wow, Elon Musk read my resume!

“So I, uh, had to spend a little time getting used to Swift, but--”

Elon cut me off. “You an iOS fan?”

“Yes. Yes, sir.”

“Here. Gimme a sec.” Elon disappeared from the conference room.

I let out a shaky breath and collapsed into my chair. Was I doing great? Poorly? Incredibly poorly? I’d heard the stories. Engineers fired after screaming rages, careers snuffed out in seconds. Oh, god, he wasn’t coming back with security, was he? He was only gone for a couple of minutes, but it felt like hours.

The door crashed open. I sat back up, ramrod straight. Here came Elon, and there was something in his hands. It was a jet-black container, shiny and spherical. Except that it wasn’t a sphere, exactly. There was a dent near the top, and it flared inwards towards the bottom. What did that remind me of...?

Elon unscrewed the top and gently tapped some of the container’s contents onto the table. A whitish dust spilled out. He took his credit card out of his wallet and started chopping the pile into lines.

My eyes bugged out of my head. Elon glanced up.

“Oh, no, don’t worry, it’s not coke. Take a look! You don’t have to worry.”

He slid the open container over to me and got back to his work. I picked it up. The stuff inside was a light gray, so he was right. It probably wasn’t coke. But what the hell was it?

I heard a guttural snort, and I almost dropped the container before setting it down. Elon reared up from his desk with fire in his eyes. “Woah! Still kicks.”

He had a rolled-up dollar bill in one hand, and he shoved it into my face. “Your turn.”

“Hang on. What...what’s happening? What is this?”

Elon looked at me like I was an idiot. “What do you think it is? Guess. I went and got this because you mentioned iOS. I want you to guess.”

Then it hit me. That container. It wasn’t just a sphere, and it wasn’t just an apple.

It was an apple-shaped urn.

“Oh my God, are you snorting Steve Jobs’ ashes?”

Elon did another line and clapped his hands. “Fantastic, man! Not a lot of people even know he was cremated. I knew I had a good feeling about you.”

This was a prank. It had to be. This all had to be one big, bizarre test, so I figured I would play along. “Security wasn’t that tight around his grave, huh?”

“Nope,” said Elon, too calmly. “Security at Alta Mesa’s a joke. Couple of months ago I just stayed until midnight, dug them out myself.”

Elon dipped a finger into the jar and rubbed his gums. “You know I met him once? Steve. He was such an asshole. He hated me. My companies. Well, look who’s laughing now.” He smiled at me, then coughed. A grey, powdery cloud billowed into the air. I tried not to breathe.

“Steve’s grave was unmarked,” he continued. “But that wasn’t a problem. I could smell him.”

Elon’s eyes started to unfocus. “I could smell the animus that drove his soul. The energy. And, soon, it will be mine.”

Nobody spoke for a while.

“It will all be mine,” whispered Elon, and it was like I wasn’t even in the room.

He blinked. “Anyways. You want a hit?”

For the first time in what felt like forever I felt like I was allowed to speak. “...No, man, I’m good.”

There’s no way I can do this. I fought back the urge to gag. That’s a human being floating in the air right now. There have to be laws against that kind of thing, right? And even if there weren’t, this feels so deeply, deeply wrong. I might have to talk to the authorities after this. After all, I still have my character, my convictions--

“Listen.” Elon clapped a hand on my shoulder. “One little bump, and you’re walking out that door with a job.”

Anyways, I start next quarter.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As in most favorite?

Charles Simonyi.

He has a hot Swedish wife who is 32 years younger than him, is the next door neighbor of Bill Gates, did the Space Tourism thing TWICE, has a green Lamborghini and spends 6 months of the year cruising on his mega-yacht.

He was also my son's boss.

ETA: Or weren't you actually anticipating that I would have one?

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#34]
I hope our government and the globalists don't destroy the market which provides the necessary resources, and the environment which drives such innovation, before he succeeds. I also hope he isn't so desperate for progress that he unwittingly enslaves us with Starlink or something like that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Business wise? He is all that is man. I am very impressed with his companies and products. If he does work people a bit too hard then at least he gets results. Unlike a lot of big companies nowadays which are just coasting off past successes and funneling every single cent of profit into the accounts of already insanely wealthy people.

Personally? Guy creeps me out a bit. Giving his youngest son a very strange name and his mannerisms strike me as those of a person who is micro dosing way too many psychedelics.

All that said. I would gladly build him a nuclear reactor if someone could supply the raw materials and a suitable machine shop and/or do 5meoDMT with him.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, he's Elon Musk and I'm not. So there's that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#37]
He looks like he smells funny.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah, the Jack Welch hero worship sure turned out to be misguided.  

In my personal defense, when training leaders and future leaders (MBAs and Executives), I have been using Jack Welch as an example of over-hyped and ineffective leadership since 1998 - back when most people were still considering him this epitome of a great organizational leader.

View Quote

Jack Welch is the worst CEO of at least the last 50 years. Maybe 100 years.

Sure, there are many CEOs who destroyed their companies faster, but Welch is the worst because his policies look great in the short-term, even though they are long-term destructive. Because of this, his stupid leadership style spread to other companies and now we are watching those (formerly) great American industrial firms collapse because of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:48:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
He has and will continue to change space travel forever
View Quote

He's just trying to get home.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:49:44 AM EDT
[#40]
He will either usher humanity into a bright new tomorrow, OR hold the world ransom for 1 Trillion dollars using his new doomsday weapon. There is no middle ground.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I enjoy telling liberals the richest man in the world is an African American.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Or is he the snakeoil salesman from the Simpsons, peddling out monorails (Hyperloops)?
View Quote

A bit of both.    Overall I think he's got the drive and the vision to go a long way.   That assumes he doesn't crash and burn in a spectacular manner when something fails.   I think he's going to get people to Mars and make a huge change in vehicles and power transmission/storage.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:53:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Super wealthy people who are surrounded by yes men and don't face the ordinary pressures of daily life are mentally dysfunctional.
It's like physical decay from living in zero G.
Survival is gravity for the mind.

Who and whatever we think Musk is, after living his life for several years he's basically an idiot savant.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He will either usher humanity into a bright new tomorrow, OR hold the world ransom for 1 Trillion dollars using his new doomsday weapon. There is no middle ground.
View Quote

And that's one of the other things I feel the need to say.

I trust Elon with a cabinet full of doomsday devices a hell of a lot more than I trust Bezos, Biden, Jinping and the rest of the would be masters of the world.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Hes a smart dude thats for sure.  Beyond that i dont have an opinion one way or another.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#46]
His companies are doing amazing things for space travel and cars/trucks. Yeah I like the guy and would like to meet him one day. Will never happen but he seems cool.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Apparrently the new Administration is kicking SpaceX and Tesla to the curve.  They plan to favor the Big 3 over Tesla in electric car production.  And they plan to give Bezo's company satellite contracts and resume flying astronauts up to the ISS on the Soyuz craft from Russia.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:56:22 AM EDT
[#48]
He should run the country, secretly of course.
Use a Biden-like character to take the heat and BS.
Maybe it is happening now?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#49]
I think he should ha e been banned at a minimum from running public companies and owes a significant amount of his success to government.  

Doesn’t me he isn’t an interesting and highly intelligent person, not a person I wouldn’t be friends with.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Over hyped dude that was in the right place at the right time when lightning struck.

He played his cards perfectly with the hand he was dealt.

If he didnt do it somebody else would have come along.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Top Top