Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 6:57:23 AM EDT
Here we go again!

Representative Jim Moran, (D) VA, introduced a bill yesterday in the House that would ban all private ownership of any type of .50cal "sniper" rifle.

Usual Democratic congresscritter blather:
-Less regulated than handguns
-Can pierce rail tank cars at a mile, releasing hazmat
-Can shoot down low-flying airplanes
-There is evidence that Al-Qa'eda has purchased 25 of these rifles

And from our friends over at the VPC:
-Virtually unregulated guns!
-Can shoot through armor plating!
-Explosive rounds are available on the market

Each is saying that only the military and cops should be allowed to own one of these infernal weapons.

<<shaking head in disgusst at their lack of reality...>>  Where DO we get such dunderheads?

Like I said on another thread...there is NO lie that a Democrat will not tell to try and get their way.
Here's the link:  
www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040503-103240-2772r.htm
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, that clown was on the news last night at his press conference, held on a bridge overlooking
a railroad yard. With Elanor Holmes Norton (DC) backing stating how much our planes are at risk. Makes you wonder how these idiots ever got elected!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Someone's looking for an 'issue'...

I wonder how he feels about the availability of explosive & flammable fluids at every corner gas station.  Combine that with the availability of glass or plastic containers and you have a formula for Molitov cocktails being available to Al Queda.  Oh the Humanity!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#3]
He better get in line. It's forming fast.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Oh so all we have to do is outlaw them and I'm quite sure the A-Q assclowns will turn them in promptly!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:27:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I think i heard something about Al Quaeda getting thier .50s from us actually back in the 80s while fighting the russkies.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Jim Moran is sort of like the drunken uncle nobody ever talks about. He's an idiot and everyone knows it. My prediction is that the usual lunatics will co-sponsor this bill and it will be referred to committee, never to be seen again.

As much as crap like this galls me, I really have no fear of it ever seeing the light of day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:33:14 AM EDT
[#7]
"Just imagine if a terrorist got their hands on one of these guns and trained their sights on a train pulling hazardous cargo through the heart of Washington, D.C. It's a horrifying scenario that only a terrorist would want to see unfold," Mr. Moran said.

Geee, all Moron  Moran needs to do is ban terrorists from possessing them!
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#8]
as much as it pains me, this fucktard is my Congressman, and of Irish extraction. Funny how silent he's been on NI for his whole career.  Apart from being a complete nutjob, who's outbursts routinely make the papers, he's a liberal jackoff of the worst sort.  This area is SO soccer mom country...it must REALLY pain Arlington Co. to have to issue concealed carry permits lol.  

We're one of the 3 counties that currently have a waiting period for handuns...at least for another couple of months .  There's no reasoning with folks like this...and I'm sure the bulk of his latte swilling constituents would ban all guns tomorrow if they could.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:45:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey all, Moran is up for re-election this year and faces both a Republican challenger AND a challenger in the Democratic primary named Andy Rosenberg.

The Democratic primary election is June 8th. That is TWO, count 'em TWO chances to ditch this waste of taxpayer money.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, we are considered the terrorists.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, we are considered the terrorists.

The sad fact is that all of this Patriot Act B.S. and everyting else is just inching closer to saying:

"If you own a gun you're now considered a domestic terrorist."
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#13]
OK, who's got the "Vote from the Penthouse" graphic with the Barrett on file?  
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:19:17 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
as much as it pains me, this fucktard is my Congressman, and of Irish extraction. Funny how silent he's been on NI for his whole career.  Apart from being a complete nutjob, who's outbursts routinely make the papers, he's a liberal jackoff of the worst sort.  This area is SO soccer mom country...it must REALLY pain Arlington Co. to have to issue concealed carry permits lol.  

We're one of the 3 counties that currently have a waiting period for handuns...at least for another couple of months .  There's no reasoning with folks like this...and I'm sure the bulk of his latte swilling constituents would ban all guns tomorrow if they could.  

I used to deal with alot of people from that area when I did phone support.  Alot of stupid bitches would call in.  A hell of alot of people who feel like they are special too.  

What about the explosive rounds avaialable, just like the ones you saw on TV the other day.  Its on TV so you know its real.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:18:51 AM EDT
[#15]
After the AWB sunsets will Walmart be carrying these wonderful explosive rounds?  I'm sure they can purchased at any corner store and are completely unregulated.  I mean come on folks... I've got tanker cars to shoot at... tick tock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Here we go again!

Representative Jim Moran, (D) VA, introduced a bill yesterday in the House that would ban all private ownership of any type of .50cal "sniper" rifle.

Usual Democratic congresscritter blather:
-Less regulated than handguns

so what? 700 nitro elephant round can punch a hole in an engine block. don't see anyone complaining about that.

-Can pierce rail tank cars at a mile, releasing hazmat

a .300 winchester magnum can do that. come off it.

-Can shoot down low-flying airplanes

again, a 300 winchester magnum can do that. again, COME OFF IT!

NO SHIT! YOU THINK!? Gee, if I remember correctly we sold a BUNCH of them to al qaeda in the 80s against the soviets. wow!

And from our friends over at the VPC:
-Virtually unregulated guns!

and yet there has been NO crime concerning them in the 80 years that they have existed.

-Can shoot through armor plating!

so can a 300 winchester magnum, shut up already.

-Explosive rounds are available on the market

and available for any other caliber too. boy they're stupid!

Each is saying that only the military and cops should be allowed to own one of these infernal weapons.

<<shaking head in disgusst at their lack of reality...>>  Where DO we get such dunderheads?

Like I said on another thread...there is NO lie that a Democrat will not tell to try and get their way.
Here's the link:  
www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040503-103240-2772r.htm

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:35:41 AM EDT
[#17]
I suppose that we should ban airliner jets too because terrorists might get their hands on them and fly them into....

...nevermind....

Link Posted: 5/5/2004 4:56:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Terrorists also purchased airline tickets to commit their dirty deed on 9/11, Jim Moron (D) Virginia. Want to ban air travel?

I really do not know who is a bigger threat to our freedom, al-qaeda or the evil-doers in the republican and democrat parties sitting on their thrones in washington d.c. They all need to be deported to Cuba or China or North Korea or Vietnam where they can rule with other sickos of their ilk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top