Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/20/2021 6:37:52 PM EDT
On AMERICAN at least.

So I was on a flight few days ago to Ft. Myers, FL. Some guy a few seats away was being cutesy about wearing his mask “properly”. He had it on but pulled down below his nose for most of the flight despite being told directly by a Flight Attendant to fully cover his nose & mouth. I couldn’t hear but he may have been being belligerent with the Attendants as well just from the posture they were taking.  

Anyway, when we landed, I saw a Lee County Port Authority Police vehicle waiting at the gate and the Pilot told us to stay seated. Sure enough, a uniformed cop comes aboard and directs the man to gather his belongings and come with him. Last I saw, the non-compliant passenger was having a conversation inside the terminal with the cop, hands behind his back. Not sure if the cuffs were on or not.

This isn’t a mask or don’t mask story. This is a story about what to expect if you don’t follow the direction of Flight Crew.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Papers now, citizen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:46:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Their plane, their arbitrary absurd rules.  If you don't like it, you can leave.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Does it matter what kind of mask you "were"?  What if you use a layer of gauze?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don’t like the rules charter your own private plane

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Exhibit A why I avoid flying like the plague.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don’t want to wear a mask that’s cool, but you can also drive.  Being an asshole to a flight attendant isn’t sticking it to the man

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I was on a long haul flight a couple weeks ago the some of the flight attendants weren't even wearing masks "properly" lol.

US airlines are way more strict though. I would not suggest playing games on that front unless you don't care about getting to your destination.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody telling me to wear a mask here:

Attachment Attached File

Bonus points for the timing of the photo with what’s on screen. Just substitute terrorism for covid.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I was not.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you don’t like the rules charter your own private plane

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Pro tip:  bring a bag of snacks.  Eat slowly when you need air.  Don’t flaunt it.  Attendants aren’t constantly walking the plane.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#12]
If I'm running an airline and find the majority of my customers want the people around them wearing masks...maybe even choose not to fly with me if we don't make that a requirement...I will mandate masks on my airplanes.
Business decisions made to protect profits are not oppression.

If you dislike the policy, fly a different airline.  If enough people do THAT, the policy will be rescinded.

Capitalism works.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]
My bosses boss ended us flying until the airlines aren’t retarded again. Last business flight our group had a ended up with a ton of airline related problems.

My passport was supposed to get used like a $5 whole last year. That didn’t happen.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I have flown at least 6-7 times or more since the start of Covid. Flying again this weekend. Yeah, their plane, their rules. Bring a water on board, as long as you are eating or drinking, you don't have to wear a mask. I sip on that bad boy the whole flight.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:51:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I'm running an airline and find the majority of my customers want the people around them wearing masks...maybe even choose not to fly with me if we don't make that a requirement...I will mandate masks on my airplanes.

If you dislike the policy, fly a different airline.  If enough people do THAT, the policy will be rescinded.

Capitalism works.
View Quote

It would work better if they quit being bailed out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359475/C6574222-4395-4BEB-B014-D0110A8B546F_jpe-1788544.JPG

Bonus points for the timing of the photo with what's on screen. Just substitute terrorism for covid.
View Quote
Richard Jewel. Directed by Clint.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Their plane, their arbitrary absurd rules.  If you don't like it, you can leave.
View Quote
The land your house on is the government's.  If you don't like it, you can leave.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't recommend trying to open the door  mid flight.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Snowflake can walk or drive next time..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Just have your tray table down and a drink or food out on the tabletop.  You can have your mask down the entire cruise at altitude this way.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Does it matter what kind of mask you "were"?  What if you use a layer of gauze?
View Quote

Actually they were pretty specific and handed out “approved” masks to passengers without “approved” masks.

I got a free mask!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Mask rules aside, don't fuck around on a plane.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#23]
If I wear it over my nose my glasses fog.
I can't see my book, or screen or tablet, or the instructions on the handwipe pack or the nutrition information on the food packaging without my glasses.
That's an ADA issue.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#24]
An airplane is probably a sensible place for people to wear masks.  It is a very enclosed space with a lot of people from various locations in it.  I have flown wearing a mask, and it was not an issue.

Pick your battles.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I fly often for work. More than once, I’ve seen people in full on body suits.

Once I saw a family doing it. Little suits for the kids and everything.

If you’re that scared, at what point do you just drive?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#26]
And don't plan on flying without having gotten the vaccine and have papers to prove it.

Edit:  this isn't required yet, but Europe is thinking about requiring it so it may happen here too.

USA Today link
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:06:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Just did 2 flights on American to get home.

Wore a very thin gaiter and not a word was said to me.

I'm not interested in being barred from airlines so I didn't try to break the rules.  I did bring a large drink and snack with me so I kept the gaiter down while I enjoyed my snack and drink slowly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I fly often for work. More than once, I’ve seen people in full on body suits.

Once I saw a family doing it. Little suits for the kids and everything.

If you’re that scared, at what point do you just drive?
View Quote

That would be the common sense answer, but these karens and soy boys know that the full weight of .gov is behind them to force the rest of us to have our lives altered to cater to their "muh covid" scaredy-catness.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#29]
You can bring mini bottles in your carry on, but if you consume them in flight, you'll speak to the cops too.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Just throw a blanket over your head and go to sleep, that's what my daughter did flying back to Germany yesterday.

She had the covid vaccine already though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/359475/C6574222-4395-4BEB-B014-D0110A8B546F_jpe-1788544.JPG

Bonus points for the timing of the photo with what's on screen. Just substitute terrorism for covid.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#32]
My employer won't pay for us to sit out mandatory quarantine in hotels out of state now, so none of us are going anywhere by air, and I'm happy about it.

I can imagine I could probably induce a coughing fit so hard that I bled out of the mask though.  That would probably make them do something.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#33]
So you're saying he flew without a mask properly worn.  He showed them.  
Who's the retard now?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Pro tip:  bring a bag of snacks.  Eat slowly when you need air.  Don't flaunt it.  Attendants aren't constantly walking the plane.
View Quote
Some people have no concept of being discreet and how to go unnoticed

It's a perfect example of when to say "ok" in a cooperative way, then keep doing what you want without drawing attention.

Don't give them a reason to focus on you or you will be singled out and they will pay extra attention to what you are doing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
And don't plan on flying without having gotten the vaccine and have papers to prove it.
View Quote
Link to new rule?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Capitalism works.
View Quote
This is why the patients are now running the asylum. Just sayin...
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
An airplane is probably a sensible place for people to wear masks.  It is a very enclosed space with a lot of people from various locations in it.  I have flown wearing a mask, and it was not an issue.

Pick your battles.

View Quote
Didn't I read that studies on the filtration in an airplane actually already makes them incredibly safe, mask or not?

It's more theatre and people just following orders.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I have noticed only cool people wear it below their nose.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:21:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You can bring mini bottles in your carry on, but if you consume them in flight, you'll speak to the cops too.

Kharn
View Quote

Firsthand knowledge?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I flew delta this weekend.
Wore my mask when boarding.
Took it off for the rest of the flight.

Never heard a peep.

Same on the return trip.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:25:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Yet I continue to do it.
Zero fucks given.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#42]
So what happens if the plane loses pressurization and the O2 masks deploy?

Do you put it on over your 'rona mask?

Do you ignore it, since the 'rona mask is so freaking magical it can provide oxygen just as effectively as it stops viruses that are 1000X smaller than the weave?

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:29:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Let me give you a tip.  You will run into cabin crews that are mask Nazis, (usually younger ones) and some that don't really care too much.  I even had a very junior millennial FA tell me to pull my mask up when I was dead heading a few weeks back.  Even though I was the captain of the flight before the DH.  It's really getting out of control.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is a story about what to expect if you don’t follow the direction of Flight Crew.
View Quote
^
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Okay but what the fuck is he charged with at that point? Trespassing?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote
Again discreetness people discreetness.

Don't ask the flight attendant for a cup of ice for the nip you brought.

Do ask for some soda and discreetly pour it into that when no one is looking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So what happens if the plane loses pressurization and the O2 masks deploy?

Do you put it on over your 'rona mask?

Do you ignore it, since the 'rona mask is so freaking magical it can provide oxygen just as effectively as it stops viruses that are 1000X smaller than the weave?

View Quote

I'm pretty sure if you have a depressurization event, the concern of covid will suddenly be less important.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Serious question.  Did the policeman place him under arrest?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#49]
One of Biden's new executive orders requires a mask if you take a flight or train ride that crosses state lines.

So... you were just ahead of your time by a bit.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Snowflake can walk or drive next time..
View Quote

Or ... Spirit airlines.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top