Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 1/19/2021 1:14:22 AM EDT
I can't imagine a bigger rush, it's a bucket list hunt that I'll likely never get to do.

If you're going to be a whinny bitch about shooting Elephants than leave now.

Magnum TV S6:E1- Nomads of the Namib, desert elephant

ZAMBIA - KANTANTA HUNTING SAFARIS - ELEPHANT HUNT - BIG GAME HUNTING - STEP TWO LUANGWA VALLEY

NEIL HUNTS ELEPHANT AT EXTREME CLOSE RANGE

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Their numbers are dwindling daily, not for me although I understand it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:17:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Dwindling in some area's and over populated in others. They are very destructive animals and have to be managed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:17:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

But they are not.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:18:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d love to. Probably never will get a chance but you never know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Wouldn’t want to eat it, so probably not.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:20:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Not for me. Those who legally do pump megabucks into third world economies which hopefully goes to conservation and not corrupt warlords.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Sooner do the Cape Buffalo.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not for me. Those who legally do pump megabucks into third world economies which hopefully goes to conservation and not corrupt warlords.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:28:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to hunt an elephant.

If I could hunt four of the big five, I'd die a happy man.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:28:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Would love to. I already bought the rifle (CZ 550 in .458 Lott) just in case I win the lottery.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:29:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a Safari scheduled next year - but not planning on Elephant.  Safaris are not all that cheep, but pulling the trigger on an Elephant is a damn expensive bullet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:32:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sooner do the Cape Buffalo.

View Quote

This. Not opposed to it but could hunt a lot of cape’s for the price of one ele.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:35:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
So what?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:37:14 AM EDT
[#14]
would love to. However, my means would never allow me to do such a thing. I would like to take some large plains game there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
would love to. However, my means would never allow me to do such a thing. I would like to take some large plains game there.
View Quote
Kudu, Eland and Zebra are on my list as well as a sable and Gemsbuck
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#16]
That's limp dick shit to me. So are most of the African safari hunts. I hunt hard every year, but for things that are already overpopulated and that I'm going to eat. I love hunting, but I hate killing for sport.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:40:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I want to go old school.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:40:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's limp dick shit to me. So are most of the African safari hunts. I hunt hard every year, but for things that are already overpopulated and that I'm going to eat. I love hunting, but I hate killing for sport.
View Quote
it all gets eaten... and sport hunting is the only reason these animals still  exist in the wild.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:41:36 AM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
you can bow hunt them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#20]
My hunting stops at meat for the family. Would Not.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Polar bear hunting is the sport here in the US. No limit!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Polar bear hunting is the sport here in the US. No limit!
View Quote
can't bring the Trophies home tho.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:42:45 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd never hunt an elephant, but I get the thrill too.

If I could take a big lion and a cape I'd be a happy man.

I don't condone it but I don't support it either.

Hippos can die for all I care. Shoot them all, assholes they are!!  

On the other hand, if it was me or the elephant? I'd pull the trigger with no haste. Same goes for anything else, 4 or 2 legged.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:43:48 AM EDT
[#24]
I am in. I have done the buff and lion so that’s next on my DG list.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:44:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
you can bow hunt them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
you can bow hunt them.

Pffft...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:46:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I would never kill an elephant.  I'll kill snakes all day long.  But an elephant?  No way.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:46:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Pffft...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
you can bow hunt them.

Pffft...
I think you're underestimating the size of a group it took to take down a mammoth. They were not hunted solo.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:46:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
it all gets eaten... and sport hunting is the only reason these animals still  exist in the wild.
View Quote

I agree with you re: conservation. I guess that's a good reason.

My rationale with meat is that it has to be meat that I or my dogs are going to eat. Not a tribe of African villagers I don't care about. It has to benefit my family, otherwise the reason for the hunt was just to kill, not to feed my people. Doesn't have to make sense to others, but that's how it is for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#29]
I would love to,  but would have a hard time pulling the trigger on something that smart, that is so social.  I've seen videos of families lingering for days with a dead matriarch,  or burying their babies.

but a huge ol' African bull? would be an interesting hunt.  

I think I would rather hunt Cape Buffalo though
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I would never kill an elephant.  I'll kill snakes all day long.  But an elephant?  No way.
View Quote
so you'll kill beneficial animals all day but won't shoot a highly destructive and dangerous animal?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:48:55 AM EDT
[#31]
I’d have to build a warehouse to house all my African trophies if I hit the lottery. I’d have a herd of full body mount elephants with lions swarming them. I’d be the number one enemy of animal rights groups all over the world. I might even blast some baboons and have them perched on the backs of the elephants wearing life vests with AK’s posed like they were shooting the attacking lions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, but unlikely. I’d rather target brownies for their skulls and claws, though. I’d like to shoot and harvest a griz for the meat at some point. I’ve heard inland griz meat is divine, so long as that aren’t eating garbage and fish.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Not my thing. The vast majority of africa hunting is high fence. I've talked to plenty of outfitters at sport shows. If I wanted to hunt exotic game in a high fence I would just go to Texas.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:50:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
can't bring the Trophies home tho.
View Quote

Things might change after Wednesday. Systemic racism and all that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:50:51 AM EDT
[#35]
I prefer reading the books about those that did back in the day
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
So what?
View Quote

So, hopefully, there will be more elephants to hunt for future generations.

When I said "not for me," I mean exactly that. Let others do it legally to their heart's content.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:53:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'd have to build a warehouse to house all my African trophies if I hit the lottery. I'd have a herd of full body mount elephants with lions swarming them. I'd be the number one enemy of animal rights groups all over the world. I might even blast some baboons and have them perched on the backs of the elephants wearing life vests with AK's posed like they were shooting the attacking lions.
View Quote
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter  I would for sure shoot the fuck out of baboons and any small predator I could. Baboons are total assholes and deserve what they get.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:54:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think you're underestimating the size of a group it took to take down a mammoth. They were not hunted solo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
you can bow hunt them.

Pffft...

So who's with me?

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:56:42 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm in!  we need @Smashy  to supply the weapons.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easily the most ignorant, limp dick statement I will read this month and with the Biden inauguration coming, that says a lot.
If you don’t know anything about the subject just STFU.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:59:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I'd try it with spears if I had a group of guys willing to do it. A solo hunt would be a suicide mission.

Or an atlatl. George Frison showed it could be done.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:02:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'd try it with spears if I had a group of guys willing to do it. A solo hunt would be a suicide mission.

Or an atlatl. George Frison showed it could be done.
View Quote
what's the minimum group size? 8-10?  I wouldn't try it with less than 10
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:02:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm not going to say I hope an elephant sticks both tusks, simultaneously btw, up your ass and out your mouth then jumps on your head, but I'm not going to not say it either. Man up, then join the military. You'll fit right in.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
so you'll kill beneficial animals all day but won't shoot a highly destructive and dangerous animal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whatever you have to tell yourself.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter  I would for sure shoot the fuck out of baboons and any small predator I could. Baboons are total assholes and deserve what they get.
View Quote

There were two people in my little bitty hometown in AR that had male baboons back in the day. I had an encounter with one and he was a huge asshole.

I walked by the owner’s car to get in my Jeep and the fucking baboon was trying roll the crank window down to eat me alive. Luckily, he wasn’t adept at it and I got away without having to try and not get my face eaten. Scared the shit out of me.

The old lady that owned the other baboon called Game & Fish to help her get her baby back after he ran off into the woods behind her house. That baboon jumped the officer and proceeded to whip his ass all the way back to the truck and then tore the antennas and aux lights off the truck. There was dash cam video that disappeared. That officer caught shit over that for years because he was supposedly a black belt in some kind of karate and always bragged about it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:08:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Whatever you have to tell yourself.
View Quote

do some research.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:09:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess 10 sounds good.

And a couple of beers first, for good measure.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:11:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I’d have to build a warehouse to house all my African trophies if I hit the lottery. I’d have a herd of full body mount elephants with lions swarming them. I’d be the number one enemy of animal rights groups all over the world. I might even blast some baboons and have them perched on the backs of the elephants wearing life vests with AK’s posed like they were shooting the attacking lions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:11:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I guess 10 sounds good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess 10 sounds good.

Drunken Elephant hunting with spears could be a good ppv opportunity.  Beer makes you limber so I guess it's beneficial
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:13:59 AM EDT
[#50]
In a heart beat
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top