Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2021 3:31:06 PM EDT
My range club requires NRA membership but I'm no blind fanboy. I really don't spend much time on here so am ignorant about AR15.com's relationship with the NRA I saw numerous flames and $h!tposts in the NRA bankruptcy threads Can someone just summarize to me why they are hated here? Like 1) NRA are democrats 2) they dont help us, etc...    I live under a rock, so turdposts and belittling me wont hurt me. I honestly want hear people's opinions.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Wayne and his henchmen/women are using the NRA as their private slush fund.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Trying to clean up their imagine moving ny < tx
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If I remember correctly, they were also funding some Democrats campaigns to keep gun control bills going.  I am a member, but only because the range I belong to requires it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Wayne LaPiere was using the NRA funds as his own. Subsidizing a lavish lifestyle. When Patriots such as Lt. Colonels Oliver North and Allen West tried to criticize it he purged them. He was also using Democrat friendly subcontractors.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
New suits don’t buy themselves you know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:36:52 PM EDT
[#6]
NRA abandoned the fight at the state level in multiple states

NRA advocated for the bumpstock ban

NRA advocated for Red flag Laws

NRA wasted membership dues money on all kinds of shit, including Wayne LaPierre’s extravagant lifestyle

There are a million more reasons, but those are some big ones.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Custom suits, private jets, vacations, mistress apartment, cronyism, ........
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#8]
They are only there tho enrich themselves. Just like every other politician.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Custom suits, private jets, vacations, mistress apartment, cronyism, ........
View Quote

Not to mention WLP funded friends jobs .
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
All of the above.
And I am a Life member, from a long, long time ago.
Didn't use to be this way. Gun clubs really should change the requirement to GOA.
ETA: No, I haven't given the NRA any money in decades
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
NRA abandoned the fight at the state level in multiple states

NRA advocated for the bumpstock ban

NRA advocated for Red flag Laws

NRA wasted membership dues money on all kinds of shit, including Wayne LaPierre’s extravagant lifestyle

There are a million more reasons, but those are some big ones.
View Quote

Yeah.

If the NRA acted like the gorilla in the room, like the big stick that the gun-grabbers think they are, we wouldn't be having these conversations. We may have even accepted some misappropriation of funds towards suits if the NRA didn't do those things fttam listed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:52:23 PM EDT
[#13]
1. The NRA corporate structure has been modified over the last two decades repeatedly to reduce oversight authority of the membership at every turn while consolidating power to the executive vice president and a small executive board committee of cronies.

2. When the membership at large finally began to catch on to this and attempted to elect reform minded candidates to the board, they changed the nomination rules to make it even harder to do so.

3. The relationship between the NRA and the marketing firm Ack-Mac is at best, incapable of surviving basic accounting practice scrutiny and at worst is nothing but a way to launder membership donations into personal profit for Ack-Mac, LaPierre, and the executive committee.

4. Outside unethical practices the NRA's use of cash is questionable, and opaque.

5. With all avenues to reform blocked the memberships only method of forcing change is to withhold further funding. This will likely result in a complete collapse as the leadership thrashes about trying desperately to protect their golden goose, as evidenced by the bankruptcy filing. The collapse will negatively impact gun owners in the short term but is necessary in order for something better to take it's place. The only thing that could save the organization at this point in time is the resignations (or corruption related incarceration) of Wayne and the executive board, a rewriting of the bylaws giving oversight authority back to the membership along with requirements for transparency in how capital is spent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Some of the things not mentioned are that WLP spends member funds on his personal leftist lawyers to the tune of $90,000 a day.  

He also donated millions of NRA dollars to his wife's charitable organization that fights for open borders and provides housing and financial assistance to illegal aliens.  

He, along with other prominent board members, spent NRA funds on personal business trips overseas.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, fuck that guy and his suits.   We need a real NRA about now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#16]
FNRA. Dumped my membership 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#17]
it's all spelled out in the nra life member forum by undefined

maybe someone can transfer the thread here for op

it's quite sad
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

Fuckers are filing bankruptcy and moving to Texas.   Probably less for image than money.  My guess.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]
FPNI again
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Fudd friendly
No NFA knowledge at all

If it ain’t fudd it ain’t NRA
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#21]
NRA, no shit, supports “common sense Gun laws”.

It’s the organization by and for FUDDs.

Once they bleed the organization dry Wayne and the cronies will jump ship (they already culled the NRA of people who fought for gun rights too aggressively and “rocked the boat”).

It will all end when the NRA calls for the ban of “high powered sniper rifles” as the FUDDS decide its the right thing to do. They will then join Moms Demand Action and Everytown Against Gun Violence calling for police and military ownership only.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:...He also donated millions of NRA dollars to his wife's charitable organization that fights for open borders and provides housing and financial assistance to illegal aliens...
View Quote

Awful Despicable. Link?
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#23]
the nra got the idea to join with another group that offered concealed firearms liability insurance (forgot the group now) to do a deal to offer insurance. once the nra picked their brains, the nra dropped them and developed their own carry guard insurance. they then marketed it illegally in several states, resulting in the nra getting sued by many states

https://www.thetrace.org/newsletter/the-nra-ends-its-carry-guard-insurance-program/

vcdl put on a rally during lobby day last year. the event was completely ignored by the nra, until they saw how successful it was shaping up to be. the nra then pushed nationwide to come to an nra lobby day, that they scheduled before the vcdl one and bad mouthed attendance at any other rally. the nra then spun in media, how successful it was.

the nra then took credit for several pieces of legislation that was dropped, as if their efforts caused that to happen, still completely ignoring vcdl and vssa and their efforts.

then there is money laundering and funding of lavish lifestyles in the relationship between ackerman mcqueen, the nra media company, brewster, the nra lawyer, and wlp and cabal, and how the nra and the media company have sued each other, while brewster has been paid something like 54 million in 2 years....

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Fudd friendly
No NFA knowledge at all

View Quote

Doesnt matter, crooked as shit.  Just like .gov and major corporations.   I dont trust anyone.  Human nature sucks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Fudd friendly
No NFA knowledge at all

View Quote

That's why I dont like them. I'm 47 years old and I remember the NRA of the 80s. They sucked even worse back then.

That said, I'm a member because my range requires it. The owner of the range doesn't like them either though.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck the NRA as long as fuckhead Wayne La Douche is in charge and his asshole buddies.   I’ve sponsored and paid for hundreds of life memberships here alone.   Not another  dime will they ever get till he is gone and a full turnaround is done.  GOA/SAF type turnaround.   FUCK YOU NRA.  Wayne made your bed, now you get to lie in it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:39:40 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m here for pictures of Wayne’s girlfriend who was on payroll.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#28]
My bad. Wayne paid the “rent”

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's why I dont like them. I'm 47 years old and I remember the NRA of the 80s. They sucked even worse back then.

That said, I'm a member because my range requires it. The owner of the range doesn't like them either though.
View Quote

At about that time my dad, a state representative and SOT holder was on the board
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

FPNI.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#31]
If it weren't for NRA sanctioned matches I would not be a member. Even though I haven't been to one in about two years. I have hope that the NRA will return has a good voice for us but it is going to take a revolution of sorts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#32]
NRA=FUDD=RINO=The problem, controlled opposition
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

While basically doing Jack shit to protect gun rights, much less trying to expand them. Not to mention trying to steal credit from other groups who do accomplish things.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Awful Despicable. Link?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:...He also donated millions of NRA dollars to his wife's charitable organization that fights for open borders and provides housing and financial assistance to illegal aliens...

Awful Despicable. Link?

Link

We've had threads here in the past that went into more detail but I can't link to any of them with the archive situation at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Fudd friendly
No NFA knowledge at all

View Quote

NRA used to have some guys on staff that knew plenty about NFA and MGs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#36]
They used to rank all the politicians.  Amazing how the passing grades voted for gun control. And how many were Democrats.  

I’m sure their educational programs have been beneficial over the years, I can’t remember anything they’ve done against gun control.

Member off and on for decades.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#37]
This is all worth it if Marion Hammer goes away!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top