Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/15/2021 8:35:20 AM EDT
Sheila Jackson Lee reintroduces bill to benefit African Americans

In her first act of the 117th Congress, U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) this week reintroduced legislation that would fund a commission to study and develop proposals for providing reparations to African Americans.

"The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies," Legislation H.R.40 reads.

“This is one of the best ways to make good on their promise to attack systemic racism and white supremacy and elevate the economic and social condition of Black people.”

It's unclear at this time exactly how much a reparations package would cost.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Sheila-Jackson-Lee-reparations-slavery-Texas-15870247.php
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a dream, that one day, all people will be judged by the color of their skin, not by the content of their character...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a dream, that one day, all people will be judged by the color of their skin, not by the content of their character...
View Quote

Yeah, that’s never going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#3]
That silverback looking motherfucker should demand reparations from his parents for making a baby that fucking ugly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It’s a shame blacks don’t think they are equal and capable of being successful.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:42:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't need an expensive study, but I agree with her.

Anyone that was a slave themselves should get paid by the actual person that owned them.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got some used toilet paper I'd make available for pick up to her.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:43:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I look for people of color to get a "special" stimulus payment, whitey need not apply.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:43:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Is kumala paying reparations to over 200 documented slaves her family owned in Jamaica?

didn't think so
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I am sure the money will be spent on education to help get better jobs.

What does GD think the money will get spent on

Large Screen TV's or New Cars?

I am betting the TV's and Cars will be what 99% of the money will go to
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, that's never going to happen.
Yeah, you didn't read it.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
 I think your dream is coming true.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Worst congress ever.

The 117th will make the 77th look smart.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
She Jac is cray cray and stupid as a brick but she smells blood in the water and wants to get some.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Bless your heart if you think this will not happen. Left is in the driver seat, we all will be paying!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:44 AM EDT
[#15]
People in Hell want ice water too!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds racist
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#17]
got it
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Joe's and Kamala's family's owned slaves.  Start with their wallets first please.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Pass a bill that is, on its face, unconstitutional? Yep sounds about right. I guess lefty today is into saying "Fuck MLK!"
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Why TF not, the damn money printer been putting in OT lately,  whats another 5 trilion. Lets go ahead and see if we can out Zimbabwe,  Zimbabwe.  

10 Trillion dollar loafs of bread for everyone!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL.....Anyone in Vegas taking bets on how long it will be before the filibuster is eliminated? I'd sorta like to get in on it.

All these crackpot ideas out of the House will be getting a vote in the Senate and each one defeated by filibuster. I don't suspect that it will be long before the rules are changed due to Mah Obstruction.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#22]
She's named after 2 great Confederate generals.....

What more does she want?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:48:44 AM EDT
[#23]
She should start by taking advantage of her dental benefits.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:49:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't forget rental rims for the donk.

Oh, and weed. Lots of weed.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:49:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Here we go again. The FSA has already spent it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you even read what he posted?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:50:46 AM EDT
[#28]
"It wont happen"like:

Trump will win in LANDSLIDE
We  got the election in GA
They wont impeach
They cant remove speech from interweb

and the list goes on.

Save you gov. hand out money, you will be paying it back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:51:35 AM EDT
[#29]
The woman who, on the floor of Congress, called herself a freed slave standing before them.......
Calling for "reparations", as she does at leat three times a week every month, every year.

And I'm supposed to be shocked?

She's a fucking moron.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:51:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It’s a shame blacks don’t think they are equal and capable of being successful.
View Quote

Some blacks do and are very successful. They just can't go back to the hood if they are.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

That goes out the window the instant you flash $$$$ in these peoples face.........
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weed should’ve legalized across the board first, though, so the tax revenues could be realized. It’s the circle of life...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sheila Jackson Lee reintroduces bill to benefit African Americans

In her first act of the 117th Congress, U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) this week reintroduced legislation that would fund a commission to study and develop proposals for providing reparations to African Americans.

"The commission shall examine slavery and discrimination in the colonies and the United States from 1619 to the present and recommend appropriate remedies," Legislation H.R.40 reads.

"This is one of the best ways to make good on their promise to attack systemic racism and white supremacy and elevate the economic and social condition of Black people."

It's unclear at this time exactly how much a reparations package would cost.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Sheila-Jackson-Lee-reparations-slavery-Texas-15870247.php
View Quote
She's just trying to funnel tax payer money to her friends who will then funnel money to her.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#34]
There was a counter proposal made by a Republican commentator that honestly made sense in regards the idea of reparations. It was something along these lines:

We'll pay you reparations but in return, going forward, you will agree to STFU after you have blown all the money and have nothing to show for it. You have been paid in full so just go away.

Granted they would NEVER agree to that kind of clause so the whole exercise is pointless.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#35]
They've been getting them for the last fifty years. It's called welfare, food stamps,etc
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
She's just trying to funnel tax payer money to her friends who will then funnel money to her.
View Quote

And it will happen, they have control of this country. And "funny" memes will be posted about it as it happens.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:59:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There was a counter proposal made by a Republican commentator that honestly made sense in regards the idea of reparations. It was something along these lines:

We'll pay you reparations but in return, going forward, you will agree to STFU after you have blown all the money and have nothing to show for it. You have been paid in full so just go away.

Granted they would NEVER agree to that kind of clause so the whole exercise is pointless.
View Quote

They are in control, it will happen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's racism, sexism, all kind of isms.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#39]
I think I am of black slave heritage.

And "I want my money"!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I demand Houston pay me reperations  for continually voting that dumb fuck into office and wasting my tax dollars on her salary.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not about reparations. It's payback time in some folks minds.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:09:04 AM EDT
[#42]
I propose that any black American that really wants to leave be given $100,000 and a one-way ticket to anywhere in Africa that will take them.  In exchange, they renounce their citizenship and they and their descendants will never be allowed to return to the US.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:09:33 AM EDT
[#43]
I would be a fantastic commission member.  I do hereby submit my salary, payable as 2.5 million dollars, up ftont please.   I shall require an intern research staff, due to the complexity of the issue.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:10:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Already got it........
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Ft. Hood shall be renamed Ft. Sheila Jackson Lee in her honor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Meh "some people did something".....move on.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#47]
I identify as a transracial black woman of color.  give me money

I love being a democrat!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That silverback looking motherfucker should demand reparations from his parents for making a baby that fucking ugly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#49]
If she's going to include the colonies, she should get UK to chip in.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
They've been getting them for the last fifty years. It's called welfare, food stamps,etc
View Quote

Not only that, black people who want to work hard and succeed in this country have a lot of advantages others don't.  Affirmative action, easier time getting into a good college, exclusive scholarships, diversity hiring, etc.

All the damned whining is getting old.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top