Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/13/2021 2:48:42 PM EDT
A comment in another thread by a guy who said he’s been selling ammo for Bitcoin made me think of this.

Considering the deplatforming of gun vendors online, and past fuckery with payment systems and gun stores, it’s important to have alternatives.

Bitcoin/crypto is pretty to use once you understand it. But a lot of people want to jump in in a hurry and then struggle to learn it fast enough to make it valuable. Not only that but they don’t understand the full utility.

I recommend that if you have ANY inkling at all that you want to know more, you start doing your learning now.

You need a way to buy it, store it, understand how to send and receive it. It doesn’t need to be an investment, just think of it as another currency that you can use.

Yes, transactions are, in general, traceable (with some effort). Yes, it’s volatile. Yes it’s not something you can hold in your hands.  But the answers to these things become apparent as you learn about it. If you don’t have answers to these issues, it’s because you’re not interested enough to learn.

In the coming technocratic tyranny, you’re not going to have freedom if you don’t understand how to make technology work for you.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
From the beginnings with Silk Road, we shall come full circle and the streets shall be littered in lead this time.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Crypto-currencies are far too volatile and prone to fuckery.
Meanwhile, the globalists are planning to make us cash-less.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
it puts the chip under its skin...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Something stable, private, and secure.  Bitcoin isn't stable for sure!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you read the whole post?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too volatile is a relative term.  If I really needed to do something anonymously, the volatility would really just be the price you had to pay for that luxury.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#7]
It's volatile because it's financially disrupting on a global scale and nobody knows how to value it...Yet.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Too volatile is a relative term.  If I really needed to do something anonymously, the volatility would really just be the price you had to pay for that luxury.
View Quote

Bitcoin isn't natively anonymous. I would strongly encourage people read about bitcoin and a few other cryptocurrencies to understand the different pros and cons. Bitcoin has "brand" recognition and is likely going to be pretty "stable" (stable being a relative term in regards to crypto in general)
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#9]
With the top few coins, the long term volatility has been in the direction of more valuable, not less valuable like fiat. This could be argued to be a better system than stable but devalued currency.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Your going to get left behind boomers.

This technology is as important as firearms for preservation of personal freedom.

Firearms didn't start out as block IIs. They were slow to reload and unreliable yet even as archaic as they were they proved superior to the competing tech.

As blockchain evolves, it will be lethal to the traditional financial sector.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:26:21 PM EDT
[#11]
RIOT, RobinHood and SPACs for me for a bit to see how shit goes...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This technology is as important as firearms for preservation of personal freedom.

Firearms didn't start out as block IIs. They were slow to reload and unreliable yet even as archaic as they were they proved superior to the competing tech.

View Quote

I don't know if the environmentalists are going to allow Bitcoin to survive. I read from an article posted here on ARFCOM, no less, that mining it and processing it uses HUGE amounts of electricity. Visa can process something like 100,000 transactions for a fraction of the energy it takes to process a single Bitcoin transaction. Then you have the miners running their supercomputers 24/7...

I want to get into it, but every time I'm about to buy some I read something significant/negative that stops me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:37:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

No it won't.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bitcoin isn't natively anonymous. I would strongly encourage people read about bitcoin and a few other cryptocurrencies to understand the different pros and cons. Bitcoin has "brand" recognition and is likely going to be pretty "stable" (stable being a relative term in regards to crypto in general)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I kind of had other cryptos in mind as I was typing that.  I'm speaking in general regarding the volatility of crypto across the board.

You are right that there are better options out there for privacy.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:40:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No it won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't.
This.

If you think the traditional finance sector isn't thinking of ways to incorporate Bitcoin.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#16]
I wish more people had that mindset from the beginning and not at the last minute.

We've been accepting Bitcoin as payment on Skidtactical.com with an automatic 5% off on all orders.

I've been in Bitcoin since 2011. It's amazing how many gun owners dismissed Bitcoin as a joke when I talked about it the years leading up to the great tech purge. Now everyone's scrambling to learn and get in at high prices.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This.

If you think the traditional finance sector isn't thinking of ways to incorporate Bitcoin.
View Quote

Cryptocurrency is being used to get you comfortable  with your next form of digital bondage.  Once it is no longer needed it will be shut down as the currency of terrorists or whatever the states deems politically acceptable.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:45:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No it won't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't.

Nobody really knows either way.  It's way too early for anyone to know how cryptocurrency evolves over the next few decades.

I'm not confident that it'll threaten the traditional financial sector but I'm not dismissive of it either.  

We are definitely in the "we don't even know what we don't know" phase.  The idea of Bitcoin had never even occurred to me prior to it existing.  

Going further the idea of Ethereum had never even occurred to me prior to it existing even though by that point I was already somewhat versed in cryptocurrency.

Who can honestly say that that they can predict all future potential applications of blockchain?  If I could have even imagined one of them in advance I'd be rich be beyond my wildest dreams yet here I am clearly not posting from a Motor Yacht parked in Monte Carlo.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nobody really knows either way.  It's way too early for anyone to know how cryptocurrency evolves over the next few decades.

I'm not confident that it'll threaten the traditional financial sector but I'm not dismissive of it either.  

We are definitely in the "we don't even know what we don't know" phase.  The idea of Bitcoin had never even occurred to me prior to it existing.  

Going further the idea of Ethereum had never even occurred to me prior to it existing even though by that point I was already somewhat versed in cryptocurrency.

Who can honestly say that that they can predict all future potential applications of blockchain?  If I could have even imagined one of them in advance I'd be rich be beyond my wildest dreams yet here I am clearly not posting from a Motor Yacht parked in Monte Carlo.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it won't.

It's like the internet of the 90s. We were all staring at it, but no one really knew just how much it would change our lives in such a short time frame. Therefore, no one really knew how much it was really worth either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#20]
The real value of BTC was that it was untraceable.  After the last pedo ring got busted, it is literally worthless and purely speculative.  Blockchain has further to go...

Proceed with extreme caution.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you know history, you know exactly what is going to happen. The state cannot retain power if it has no power over the currency within.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I started mining Bitcoins when it was $4,700 with 5 Antminer S9s in 2017. Bought additional machines for Ethereium and Siacoin soon after. Sold the mining farm and made a good profit on the machines and the coins I mined.

And I'm saying Bitcoin and crypto is a ridiculous scam and bubble that can pop at any time. It's  not a currency. It's just a gamble based on nothing. I'm glad I got out, no matter how much money I left on the table.

ETA: crypto transactions are more public and traceable than cash, checks, wire transfers, etc. There is less privacy with the public ledger than literally almost any other currency lol
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If you know history, you know exactly what is going to happen. The state cannot retain power if it has no power over the currency within.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you know exactly what is going to happen, then by all means get rich shorting it.

Your imagination is too limited.  You are only thinking of it in terms of currency.

Classic example of my exact point that "you don't even know what you don't know".

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you know exactly what is going to happen, then by all means get rich shorting it.

Your imagination is too limited.  You are only thinking of it in terms of currency.

Classic example of my exact point that "you don't even know what you don't know".

View Quote

It's a common refrain among the crypto cultists.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Agreed. Our community should absolutely embrace this tech as increasingly payment systems become a vector of attack.

No stopping a BTC transaction by a bank, .gov, or otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I started mining Bitcoins when it was $4,700 with 5 Antminer S9s in 2017. Bought additional machines for Ethereium and Siacoin soon after. Sold the mining farm and made a good profit on the machines and the coins I mined.

And I'm saying Bitcoin and crypto is a ridiculous scam and bubble that can pop at any time. It's  not a currency. It's just a gamble based on nothing. I'm glad I got out, no matter how much money I left on the table.

ETA: crypto transactions are more public and traceable than cash, checks, wire transfers, etc. There is less privacy with the public ledger than literally almost any other currency lol
View Quote

I'll argue they put it into place on purpose.  You can't just turn off the old, broken financial system for a whole new one and tell people "Sorry, folks, that's how it is"...Hoy fuck, talk about sky falling and madness...You have to slowly introduce it to them so they accept it while blowing out the long in the tooth system that exists and is failing. Digital currencies via blockchain transactions are where we're headed.  Whether you like it or not.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:19:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This.

View Quote

It has to incorporate it to compete.

Let me know when banks can offer 6% interest.

Also where can I get a loan within 2-3 minutes money on the way to my bank without presenting an ID or doing paperwork.

Where can I send any amount of money to relatives internationally for less than a can of coke?

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reading between this lines in this article, it could certainly go the path of helping the surveillance state and some dystopian, over-democratized social credit (because of the transparency of your transaction) world.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It has to incorporate it to compete.

Let me know when banks can offer 6% interest.

Also where can I get a loan within 2-3 minutes money on the way to my bank without presenting an ID or doing paperwork.

Where can I send any amount of money to relatives internationally for less than a can of coke?

View Quote

How is anyone getting a loan with no ID or paperwork?  Pledging BTC as collateral or something?

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It all comes down to a matter of trust and I want my $1 to be worth a $1.

When I convert it to bitcoin it's worth $0.80 whatever is left after the people making up these numbers for this fiat currency take their cut.

The next day that $0.80 might be worth $0.80 or it might be worth $1 or $0.60 cents. Depends on how people feel about the made up currency that day.

The US Government is working on a crypto currency I'd bet.
View Quote

You would bet correctly. https://cryptopotato.com/us-fed-reserve-is-experimenting-with-a-digital-currency/
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How is anyone getting a loan with no ID or paperwork?  Pledging BTC as collateral or something?

View Quote

Yup, put your BTC or Eth in a smart contract and withdraw dai. Send it to CB then to my bank.

I don't have fixed monthly payments either. Pay when I want.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought Monero was wha you use for crypto if you really need to be anonymous  
i need to learn about crypto
 its confusing as each of the currencies are a little different
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

When I convert it to bitcoin it's worth $0.80 whatever is left after the people making up these numbers for this fiat currency take their cut.

The next day that $0.80 might be worth $0.80 or it might be worth $1 or $0.60 cents. Depends on how people feel about the made up currency that day.

View Quote

Except, since the US Gov can print dollars at will any time they want, that dollar ain't really worth a dollar when moving forward.  Ever.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:33:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
With the top few coins, the long term volatility has been in the direction of more valuable, not less valuable like fiat. This could be argued to be a better system than stable but devalued currency.
View Quote
What are the top few coins?

I have a Bittrex account, is there somewhere better?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I thought Monero was wha you use for crypto if you really need to be anonymous  
i need to learn about crypto
 its confusing as each of the currencies are a little different
View Quote

Yes this is true
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Except, since the US Gov can print dollars at will any time they want, that dollar ain't really worth a dollar when moving forward.  Ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m watching grocery prices and energy prices rise in real time in my household
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#39]
USDC is the answer you seek, stable and effective using Coinbase Pro
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:38:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bittrex is decent. It’s not the most popular but I’ve been using it for awhile.

Bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, bitcoincash.

There are no promises but in general those sit at the top and have for awhile (few years). I’m betting on ETH.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

We live in a society where you can't move $10k without your bank Narc'ing on you to the Feds and the IRS openly trolls thru FaceBuch looking for lifestyles not in keeping with people's income levels.

The only and I mean ONLY reason Bitcoin is allowed to exist is because the Powers that be need a way to launder their ill gotten gains before it all crashes so they can put their fortunes into RE, PM's, and other durable instruments. When that window closes, you don't want to be left holding the bag.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right.  We know everything about it already and there's no element of unpredictability.

I cede the point.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:46:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Take the guy who lost the password to his wallet and only has two guesses left before $220 million in Bitcoin is locked out permanently. There are a finite number of Bitcoin so removing those coins from the environment shrinks the supply as they cannot be replaced. Perhaps no different than losing $220 in gold bars in the Mariana Trench but at least that can be recovered eventually.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

But if I go tomorrow, next week, or next month I don't have to argue with the clerk at the 7-11 that I paid a $1 for this piece of paper and it's worth a dollar still.

If I buy $1 worth of bit coin today what is it worth tomorrow?

If you're risking $10,000 or $50,000 you might not care, but if you're investing millions that sort of risk isn't welcomed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if I go tomorrow, next week, or next month I don't have to argue with the clerk at the 7-11 that I paid a $1 for this piece of paper and it's worth a dollar still.

If I buy $1 worth of bit coin today what is it worth tomorrow?

If you're risking $10,000 or $50,000 you might not care, but if you're investing millions that sort of risk isn't welcomed.

Guys like Michael Saylor would say something completely different.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Hate miners.

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:53:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Guys like Michael Saylor would say something completely different.
View Quote

Paul is going to be left behind.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top