Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 48
Posted: 12/6/2020 3:05:51 PM EDT
Anyone getting excited yet? I've been waiting since this was released:

Cyberpunk 2077 - Teaser Trailer

Probably the longest time I've champed at the bit for a video game and release is only a couple days away!

I knew Cyberpunk 2020 back when it was only for tabletop nerds and now it's gonna be the biggest thing to hit the gaming world. Wow have times changed!

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#1]
This was mentioned in my earlier thread on up coming video games and now you’ve got me curious. Can I get a run down on the story and the game play? Is it a first person shooter, RPG..?

Visually it looks pretty damn cool
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It is going to be the next Duke Nukem .
This game has had so may delays and so much hype that every copy could come with a blow job and people would complain they did not use enough tongue during it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This was mentioned in my earlier thread on up coming video games and now you’ve got me curious. Can I get a run down on the story and the game play? Is it a first person shooter, RPG..?

View Quote

It's an open world RPG/1st person shooter mix based on a pen and paper RPG from the 80's (a la Dungeons and Dragons) that was inspired by stuff like Blade Runner and similar books movies of a dystopian apocalyptic techno future.

The story is basically you "V" (a character you create) trying to make it big in the underworld of Knight City.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This game has had so may delays and so much hype that every copy could come with a blow job and people would complain they did not use enough tongue during it.
View Quote

I hope not. It's made by the same people who made The Witcher III (which was similarly delayed) and that game was a freaking masterpiece.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Still looking for an unopened Xbox One X version.

Those prices though
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there anywhere to pre-order a disc copy?

I want to pick one up on release day, but with my luck Walmart won't have any.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:27:36 PM EDT
[#7]
My 1080ti died recently and I’m torn between firing it up right away on my 1070 or waiting until I can actually get a 3070/80 to treat it right.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Picking up my physical copy this Thursday when it drops.

Playing Fallout 76 until then.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Three more days...

The Witcher 3 set the bar so high that I haven't been able to enjoy any game quite as much since then.  

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I hope not. It's made by the same people who made The Witcher III (which was similarly delayed) and that game was a freaking masterpiece.
View Quote

I hope I'm wrong too, but I am going to be realistic.

Cyberpunk 2020 is what got me into Shadowrun among other things.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, kinda this. I’m expecting it to be a very solid Action RPG/FPS, one that will get a ton of critical praise from the MSM and fanboys, but won’t be able to meet the overblown hype that the devs have built up and will be more shallow than a lot of more demanding consumers are expecting.  

To be clear: I think it will be a great game.  I just don’t see it living up to the titanic expectations that have been set.

ETA I’ll be buying a copy on steam when I get my new PC build done in the next 6 months or so.  I could play it on my PS4 now, but this is something that really needs to be played on a high-spec desktop PC.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I have what I'd call guarded excitement for it.

I plan on preloading my copy this week when it becomes available, and I've carved out actual time to play it next weekend (which is something I never do anymore).

I really liked Witcher 2 and 3, and I know CDPR can make a good game... I just have this unshakable feeling that all the delays and the big push to release it on older consoles might have compromised the game too much. I'm going into it as open minded as I can with as few preconceptions of what I think the game -should- be as possible, so if it kind of faceplants I won't be a butthurt crybaby about it.

Edit: I'm on Steam on PC
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got it pre-ordered. Going to be playing on PS5.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You talking shadowrun on super nes?
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going with the PC version and sweet, sweet ray tracing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Cyberpunk 2077 — The Diner
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. PNP RPGs are still my jam. Cyberpunk 2077 - if it turns out to be good in the mind of people who enjoy the original medium - might get me back into videogames.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#18]
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Death Stranding - beautiful visuals with shit gameplay. Seems to be a common problem with these types of games.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Soooo stoked. Preordered yesterday.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:41:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been excited for a year lol. Almost done upgrading  my computer too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's an open world RPG/1st person shooter mix based on a pen and paper RPG from the 80's (a la Dungeons and Dragons) that was inspired by stuff like Blade Runner and similar books movies of a dystopian apocalyptic techno future.

The story is basically you "V" (a character you create) trying to make it big in the underworld of Knight City.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I played that TTG years ago, and then Shadowrun. Thats why I'm hoping they did a great job on this.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another Death Stranding - beautiful visuals with shit gameplay. Seems to be a common problem with these types of games.
View Quote

No kidding. I was interested in that briefly. Until in-depth reviews came out. I'm glad I stayed with my policy of never pre-ordering and never being an early adopter.

Death Stranding kind of turned out to be FedEx simulator: Footrace edition.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Like I said in another thread, CDPR is the only developer I come even remotely close to trusting to release a great game.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is there anywhere to pre-order a disc copy?

I want to pick one up on release day, but with my luck Walmart won't have any.
View Quote
Amazon
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree it may be a victim of its own hype.

With that said I will not be getting it day 1, but I have gotten a deus ex vibe from the little bit of it I have seen, and it if is close to as good as that franchise I will be very happy.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I wish there was a multiplayer.  Have trouble getting into games where I can't adventure with (or kill) my friends.

I've still got it pre-ordered on Steam.  Was a big fan of Shadowrun (the books, the tabletop game, and yes even the SNES/Genesis game) so this should be right up my alley.

Speaking of Shadowrun there are some pretty solid newer Shadowrun games (if decidedly low budget) on Steam.  I think the IP rights are caught up in some kind of corporate hellish limbo which is why we've never seen a movie or big budget game.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Cyberpunk 2077 — Official E3 2018 Trailer
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

I actually hope it’s not like the Witcher III.

I bought it during the Steam sale as recommended, and three hours in - if by “great story” means 90% cut scenes, and 10% clumsy combat, then no thanks.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You talking shadowrun on super nes?
View Quote

No I'm talking Shadowrun at a table with. A pile of D6 everywhere the eye can see.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Like I said in another thread, CDPR is the only developer I come even remotely close to trusting to release a great game.
View Quote

Yep. Instabuy day 1 for me. Too bad I can't find an in stock next gen console to save my life.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:48:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I dont know how the game is going to live up to the hype train that has been rolling 5+ years.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:50:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
10% clumsy combat
View Quote
Hate to tell you this but you were just bad at it. It's unforgiving until you get good,and the previous games in the series were even harder. It does suck with keyboard and mouse though so maybe that's why it was clumsy for you?
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't wait. I'm bummed the PS5 upgrade won't be here until next year, but at this point I guess we should just be happy to be getting it.

Personally I have no problems with delays so long as they put out a properly finished product. I hate when people rush out a game that's an unfinished piece of shit, I'm looking at you Avengers. So long as they do it right, I can wait
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol nothing is going to be like duke nukem.  That was delayed for 10+ years and was a failure from beginning to end.

Yeah, this game had a couple of delays.  But just because it was announced a few years ago doesn't mean it's been delayed for years.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wish there was a multiplayer.  Have trouble getting into games where I can't adventure with (or kill) my friends.

I've still got it pre-ordered on Steam.  Was a big fan of Shadowrun (the books, the tabletop game, and yes even the SNES/Genesis game) so this should be right up my alley.

Speaking of Shadowrun there are some pretty solid newer Shadowrun games (if decidedly low budget) on Steam.  I think the IP rights are caught up in some kind of corporate hellish limbo which is why we've never seen a movie or big budget game.
View Quote

"Bright" on Netflix is Shadowrun without the hacking, per the producers IIRC.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:54:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hate to tell you this but you were just bad at it. It's unforgiving until you get good,and the previous games in the series were even harder. It does suck with keyboard and mouse though so maybe that's why it was clumsy for you?
View Quote

I don’t like console controllers for 3d games, those are even more clumsy.

Maybe I’d have more drive to get better if I wasn’t waiting around during scripted scenes, not my kind of thing.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol nothing is going to be like duke nukem.  That was delayed for 10+ years and was a failure from beginning to end.

Yeah, this game had a couple of delays.  But just because it was announced a few years ago doesn't mean it's been delayed for years.
View Quote
From what I've heard, the launch build of cyberpunk is pretty broken and eh, but the launch patch (technically released a couple days ago) fixed nearly everything wrong with it. Granted this is coming from people that have early copies so there's probably some bias, but I hope they're right.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don’t like console controllers for 3d games, those are even more clumsy.

Maybe I’d have more drive to get better if I wasn’t waiting around during scripted scenes, not my kind of thing.
View Quote

Then why bother with narrative driven RPG's at all?  You can grind for hours and hours on Destiny or Warframe and never see a cutscene or bit of dialogue.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#40]

Good stuff OP
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

this... I need to upgrade my TV and console now.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#42]
No VR no care
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

this... I need to upgrade my TV and console now.
View Quote

Yeah.  If I upgrade with a new console I'll need a new TV and sound system.   This is going to cost me a lot of money.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Then why bother with narrative driven RPG's at all?  You can grind for hours and hours on Destiny or Warframe and never see a cutscene or bit of dialogue.
View Quote

Because I wanted something like Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowind, and so many people made that comparison and said it was great.

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:05:47 PM EDT
[#45]
I was lucky and snagged a series x on Wednesday before black Friday from Walmart.  I have pre-ordered and downloaded 2077 from x box store.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Coming: When It's Ready

Translation: We're tired of updating the delayed release date.  Just buy it when it's out...
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:06:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Question for hardware guys, I just checked specs and I'm over on everything for recommended settings but my cpu is just below cutoff for even minumum

Minimum: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
You Have: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Is that a hard no for me playing it on pc, or will my gpu and ram make it playable?
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Got a 3070 a few weeks ago primarily for this game, excited is an understatement
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I don't like console controllers for 3d games, those are even more clumsy.

Maybe I'd have more drive to get better if I wasn't waiting around during scripted scenes, not my kind of thing.
View Quote

Yeah, I had similar feelings about Witcher 3. Felt more like a movie with really boring combat and very little character customization/development. The gear was bland as hell too. I didn't think the combat was really clunky, just too simple and if anything too easy. The signs were boring too. I know I'm in the minority, but I was massively underwhelmed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Case in point. Duke Nukem was an excellent Duke game.
Iffy graphics, guns, dick joke humor and self hype.
Absolutely everything that makes a Duke Nukem game Duke Nukem.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top