Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Posted: 11/6/2020 11:47:05 AM EDT
FUCK TWITTER AND FACEBOOK

Join Parler

@Bayrunner87
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Logging into Parler is a pain in the ass. Email/password>Captcha>code sent to phone. Screw that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#2]
PARLER STOVE?
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PARLER STOVE?
View Quote

password: NUT COAL
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I just followed you
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Truckinthumper, here
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just followed you
View Quote

Ditto
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]

(F)Wikipedia
"User base and content
Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters and conservatives. It is noted for its far-right and alt-right,[5] conspiratorial,[7][5][35] antisemitic,[6][7] and anti-feminist content.[15] The site also includes anti-Muslim content,[15] although it also has a substantial user base of Saudi nationalists who support Crown Prince and de facto prime minister of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman. Both The Independent and The Forward have noted the presence of antisemitic content and conspiracy theories on the site.[7][6] Matze told The Forward he was unaware of antisemitic content on Parler, but was unsurprised that it was there. He believes removing hateful content only further radicalizes people, saying, "If you're going to fight these peoples' views, they need to be out in the open.... Don't force these people into the corners of the internet where they're not going to be able to be proven wrong." Political scientist Alison Dagnes has said of Parler's stance on speech on the platform: "I don't think you can have it both ways.... There is no such thing as civilized hate speech."[7] Extremism expert Chip Berlet said of Matze's opinions on hateful content: "I think he’s full of it.... I think he knows exactly what he’s creating, he’s encouraging people who basically don’t like other folks in the country... it's bologna, this is a place for people to fester in their own bigotry."[7]

Parler has served as an echo chamber for far-right or pro-Trump content, according to The Independent, the New Statesman, and Fast Company.[5][37][38] In mid-2020, alt-right activist and Trump supporter Jack Posobiec compared the service to a Trump rally, saying that Parler lacks the "energy" that Twitter draws from having communities of people with differing viewpoints.[16][39] Around the same time, extremism researcher and professor Amarnath Amarasingam said of Parler, "talking to yourself in the dark corners of the internet is actually not that satisfying," and that he was skeptical Parler would excite the far right without left-leaning users with whom they can interact and fight.[12] In June 2020, Matze said he wanted to see more debate on the platform and offered a "progressive bounty" of $10,000 to liberal pundits with at least 50,000 Twitter or Facebook followers who would join the site; receiving no takers, he later increased this amount to $20,000.[2][16]"

Parler refers to users of its service as Parleyers.[3] Parler is one of a number of alternative social network platforms, including Minds, MeWe, Gab, and BitChute, that are popular with people banned from mainstream networks such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, and Instagram.[40][41] Deen Freelon and colleagues writing in Science characterized Parler as among alt-tech sites that are "dedicated to right-wing communities", and listed the site along with 4chan, 8chan, BitChute, and Gab. They noted there are also more ideologically neutral alt-tech platforms, such as Discord and Telegram.[42]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#8]
@zanderFromNOLA on Parler
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Same as here
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

(F)Wikipedia
"Parler is a United States-based microblogging and social networking service launched in August 2018. Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters, conservatives, and Saudi nationalists. Posts on the website often contain far-right content, antisemitism, and conspiracy theories.[5][6][7] The site has been described as an alternative to Twitter, and is popular among people who have been banned from mainstream social networks, or who oppose their moderation policies.[7][9] The site markets itself as a "free speech" and unbiased alternative to mainstream social networks such as Twitter and Facebook. However, journalists and users have criticized the service for content policies that are more restrictive than the company portrays, and sometimes more restrictive than those of its competitors.[3][10][11][12] As of July 2020, the site had 2.8 million users, many of whom joined in mid-2020.[3]"
View Quote

Balkanization of the internet/social space.

Tech wars heatin' up.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I joined, but frankly it's a weird format. More like Twitter than Facebook.

Difficult to find people, no profiles to identify anyone, not terribly much content, definitely not very user friendly.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Parler is boring as fuck

edit you apparently also agree to pay their attorneys fees and any judgment if they get sued over something you post, and now they harvest a phone number before you can open an account
View Quote

That seems highly unlikely that they would actually be able to enforce such an agreement.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PARLER STOVE?

Big parler internet nuts burn big internet coal!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Followed.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

(F)Wikipedia
"User base and content
Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters and conservatives. It is noted for its far-right and alt-right,[5] conspiratorial,[7][5][35] antisemitic,[6][7] and anti-feminist content.[15] The site also includes anti-Muslim content,[15] although it also has a substantial user base of Saudi nationalists who support Crown Prince and de facto prime minister of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman. Both The Independent and The Forward have noted the presence of antisemitic content and conspiracy theories on the site.[7][6] Matze told The Forward he was unaware of antisemitic content on Parler, but was unsurprised that it was there. He believes removing hateful content only further radicalizes people, saying, "If you're going to fight these peoples' views, they need to be out in the open.... Don't force these people into the corners of the internet where they're not going to be able to be proven wrong." Political scientist Alison Dagnes has said of Parler's stance on speech on the platform: "I don't think you can have it both ways.... There is no such thing as civilized hate speech."[7] Extremism expert Chip Berlet said of Matze's opinions on hateful content: "I think he’s full of it.... I think he knows exactly what he’s creating, he’s encouraging people who basically don’t like other folks in the country... it's bologna, this is a place for people to fester in their own bigotry."[7]

Parler has served as an echo chamber for far-right or pro-Trump content, according to The Independent, the New Statesman, and Fast Company.[5][37][38] In mid-2020, alt-right activist and Trump supporter Jack Posobiec compared the service to a Trump rally, saying that Parler lacks the "energy" that Twitter draws from having communities of people with differing viewpoints.[16][39] Around the same time, extremism researcher and professor Amarnath Amarasingam said of Parler, "talking to yourself in the dark corners of the internet is actually not that satisfying," and that he was skeptical Parler would excite the far right without left-leaning users with whom they can interact and fight.[12] In June 2020, Matze said he wanted to see more debate on the platform and offered a "progressive bounty" of $10,000 to liberal pundits with at least 50,000 Twitter or Facebook followers who would join the site; receiving no takers, he later increased this amount to $20,000.[2][16]"

Parler refers to users of its service as Parleyers.[3] Parler is one of a number of alternative social network platforms, including Minds, MeWe, Gab, and BitChute, that are popular with people banned from mainstream networks such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Reddit, and Instagram.[40][41] Deen Freelon and colleagues writing in Science characterized Parler as among alt-tech sites that are "dedicated to right-wing communities", and listed the site along with 4chan, 8chan, BitChute, and Gab. They noted there are also more ideologically neutral alt-tech platforms, such as Discord and Telegram.[42]
View Quote

Ok, then don’t.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
PARLER STOVE?

I came in here expecting nut coal and I’m not disappointed.

I don’t Parler and I don’t Twitter. I’m an old man in a somewhat youngish man’s body I guess.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Bump
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Logging into Parler is a pain in the ass. Email/password>Captcha>code sent to phone. Screw that.
View Quote

It was only like that for me a couple times.  Seems like i get right in now.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Joined too.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#23]
parlor.com is way different than facebook and nsfw
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 2:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

(F)Wikipedia
"User base and content
Parler has a significant user base of Trump supporters and conservatives. It is noted for its far-right and alt-right,[5] conspiratorial,[7][5][35] antisemitic,[6][7] and anti-feminist content.[15] The site also includes anti-Muslim content,[15] although it also has a substantial user base of Saudi nationalists who support Crown Prince and de facto prime minister of Saudi Arabia, Mohammed bin Salman. Both The Independent and The Forward have noted the presence of antisemitic content and conspiracy theories on the site.[7][6] Matze told The Forward he was unaware of antisemitic content on Parler, but was unsurprised that it was there. He believes removing hateful content only further radicalizes people, saying, "If you're going to fight these peoples' views, they need to be out in the open.... Don't force these people into the corners of the internet where they're not going to be able to be proven wrong." Political scientist Alison Dagnes has said of Parler's stance on speech on the platform: "I don't think you can have it both ways.... There is no such thing as civilized hate speech."[7] Extremism expert Chip Berlet said of Matze's opinions on hateful content: "I think he's full of it.... I think he knows exactly what he's creating, he's encouraging people who basically don't like other folks in the country... it's bologna, this is a place for people to fester in their own bigotry."[7]

View Quote
lol

I am not sure what is stupider, that you think WikiPedia has correct information on it, or that you think you can sway somebody here with it.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Joined, but no lulz so far.  Can you actually talk to people on there, or just follow your betters?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Just another sounding board.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#27]
My echochamber brings all the boys to the yard and they're like, damn right, this election is flawed...
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:05:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Done and done
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My echochamber brings all the boys to the yard and they're like, damn right, this election is flawed...
View Quote

So stay on twitter then with your other comrades
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been on Parler a few weeks, lots of Trump support.
I'm following everyone here so far.
@randyd79
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#33]
@Dsparil on everything. You can also try Gab. Gab is more lively. I'm on there too. And MeWe.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@NHebrlvr
View Quote

not showing up.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm slappomatt everywhere.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a Parler account and never saw anything racist or anti Semitic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

I am not sure what is stupider, that you think WikiPedia has correct information on it, or that you think you can sway somebody here with it.
I have a Parler account and never saw anything racist or anti Semitic

I've never seen it either. I've seen it on bitchute video site, and MeWe though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm not joining anything that REQUIRES my phone number.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I am stuck in perpetual 2FA limbo, I give the code, then it says enter SMS code that never fucking arrives. FUCK No wonder that shit will crash and burn.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Someone is already using my current screen name here. I started an account as FlyingWrench.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
PARLER STOVE?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I joined, but frankly it's a weird format. More like Twitter than Facebook.

Difficult to find people, no profiles to identify anyone, not terribly much content, definitely not very user friendly.
View Quote
So, basically:

JuSt aS gOoD?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#45]
The Parler site sucks.  They better get their act together as people are advertising a mass exit from Facebook to Parler on Nov 13th.  I finally got through the registration process, followed a few people, read some messages, went to update my profile and it just sat and spun.  Refreshed, you are not authorized login again.  I go to login, no account associated with that email address.  I go to recreate the account the next button is grayed out because the email and phone number are already in their system.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get the app lol. For me it’s as easy as clicking the app.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:43:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Parler is boring as fuck

edit you apparently also agree to pay their attorneys fees and any judgment if they get sued over something you post, and now they harvest a phone number before you can open an account
View Quote

Quick! What's your phone number?
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:47:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Does anyone else have a hard time following people? It says it failed to follow people a lot.
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Does anyone else have a hard time following people? It says it failed to follow people a lot.
View Quote

Yeah it’s glitchy tonight
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuck it. Joined.

@Gloworm19
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top