Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:12:51 PM EDT
[#3]
This will get sporty if true.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah tonights gonna be interesting
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Video looked like he got attacked by a group of rioters and fired back.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Omaha? Where? What happened?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
So much information!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Outstanding!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:16:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Video looked like he got attacked by a group of rioters and fired back.
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#10]
This??

Omaha Police identify protester shot in Old Market Saturday
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Multiple accounts of him exiting his bar an instigating the crowd.

Would be interesting to see what evidence or lack thereof they have to not charge him, if rumors do prove true.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Few years ago, this guy and some of his buddies shot back when they were getting attacked, and ended up getting the book thrown at them.

https://www.startribune.com/scarsella-guilty-of-assault-riot-in-2015-protest-shooting/412476503/
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:34:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm hearing the national guard is surrounding the courthouse ahead of an announcement. Glad I don't live in an urban areas.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#14]

How the fuck did that guy get a news anchor job?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

She would also call Milo Yiannopoulos a Right Wing Homophobe.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Definitely a face for radio
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Yes that's the shooting
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lurch
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:48:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Good
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was that age I was working on a farm so I could buy my own clothes and put gas in my beat up car.  

WTF do these young people do for money since all they do is demonstrate and riot?  Oh - yeah, that was a dumb question...

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:54:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Neat. Seems like it's going to be a fun night.
Guess who gets to drive around downtown Omaha until 6, and who's sitting less than 12 blocks from where that happened?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

My brother anchored for many smaller news stations around the country. Those jobs don't pay shit, especially for newbs.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Where was he not charged?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Neat. Seems like it's going to be a fun night.
Guess who gets to drive around downtown Omaha until 6, and who's sitting less than 12 blocks from where that happened?
View Quote

I don't envy you. That area is already a shithole after dark. Tonight is going to be insane. There is talk of them crossing the river into Council Bluffs if it goes bad
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't envy you. That area is already a shithole after dark. Tonight is going to be insane. There is talk of them crossing the river into Council Bluffs if it goes bad
View Quote

Barricade the Pedestrian bridge!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#26]
The guy that did the shooting is a former Marine and owns the bar where the shooting occurred. He was a vocal libertarian online then loud Trump supporter, which put him on the shit list of a lot of youth in the area. From what I've read online, he was at the bar with another older guy on lookout, someone was trying to pry open the door, he approached the person and at some point pulled a pistol out. Other protestors were saying the shooter and older guy were both saying racial things to the crowd (N word), which looked like a mix of Black, Hispanic, and some Caucasian.

In the video, the shooter is on the edge of the sidewalk in front of his bar, backing away with his left palm out and up in what looked like a diffusing manor, but must have had the gun out in his right hand. Four guys tackled him pushing him into the street and he fired twice.

If what led up to the incident is true, sounds like a 'when assholes collide' situation. He shouldn't have been antagonizing. But, onlookers were yelling, "It's not worth it, he's got a gun!" as the group pursued him, so they knew what they were messing with. Based strictly on the video I saw, looked like he was backing away in a diffusing posture when he was jumped by four males. That short video might have saved his ass.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Would be interesting to see what evidence or lack thereof they have to not charge him, if rumors do prove true.
View Quote

Lol! Those “accounts” should show us the video. Not one of those mindless terrorists goes anywhere without their phone!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:17:52 PM EDT
[#28]
They're getting ready for the worst.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Is this the pawn shop guy?

And I really hope they are on the right side with this one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The guy that did the shooting is a former Marine and owns the bar where the shooting occurred. He was a vocal libertarian online then loud Trump supporter, which put him on the shit list of a lot of youth in the area. From what I've read online, he was at the bar with another older guy on lookout, someone was trying to pry open the door, he approached the person and at some point pulled a pistol out. Other protestors were saying the shooter and older guy were both saying racial things to the crowd (N word), which looked like a mix of Black, Hispanic, and some Caucasian.

In the video, the shooter is on the edge of the sidewalk in front of his bar, backing away with his left palm out and up in what looked like a diffusing manor, but must have had the gun out in his right hand. Four guys tackled him pushing him into the street and he fired twice.

If what led up to the incident is true, sounds like a 'when assholes collide' situation. He shouldn't have been antagonizing. But, onlookers were yelling, "It's not worth it, he's got a gun!" as the group pursued him, so they knew what they were messing with. Based strictly on the video I saw, looked like he was backing away in a diffusing posture when he was jumped by four males. That short video might have saved his ass.
View Quote

Got a link to the video?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#31]

protester or looter?????
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:21:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Looks like the video is still up:

https://twitter.com/only1kross/status/1267010037890846720?s=21
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#33]
First I’ve heard of this.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Other protestors were saying the shooter and older guy were both saying racial things to the crowd (N word), which looked like a mix of Black, Hispanic, and some Caucasian.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL...who's accounts are you listening to?

It's a dead fucking savage that was looting....boo fucking who
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/19953/Tonya_Bailey_png-1442385.JPG

She would also call Milo Yiannopoulos a Right Wing Homophobe.
View Quote

Those are the people plus the media that are gonna hang first.   Race bating cunt.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

LOL...who's accounts are you listening to?

It's a dead fucking savage that was looting....boo fucking who
View Quote

No dog in this fight. It was already covered above about what witnesses have been posting online by another member.  
Again, waiting to see what other evidence they have to make a decision. If he doesn't get charged, it will get ugly in Omaha. Regardless if he was justified or not. Mob mentality and all.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Currently nobody outside city hall except the press.
I did see some national guard driving around.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No dog in this fight. It was already covered above about what witnesses have been posting online by another member.  
Again, waiting to see what other evidence they have to make a decision. If he doesn't get charged, it will get ugly in Omaha. Regardless if he was justified or not. Mob mentality and all.
View Quote

I hear ya.

The moment that savage left his mortal coil, Omaha's destiny was sealed I believe.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I hear ya.

The moment that savage left his mortal coil, Omaha's destiny was sealed I believe.

View Quote
You sure do use a lot of fancy words to say "died".
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Video shows the bar owner being physically attacked.  Bar owner is on ground being attacked.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#43]
So far looks justified from what I saw. He went to defend his father, backed up, and then was attacked (Twice).

Either way... It's going to pop off really soon. Sad.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:58:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuuuuuck. Based on the videos the attorney just showed, that was textbook self defense. This is not going to go over well.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Few years ago, this guy and some of his buddies shot back when they were getting attacked, and ended up getting the book thrown at them.

https://www.startribune.com/scarsella-guilty-of-assault-riot-in-2015-protest-shooting/412476503/
View Quote

Difference between Minnesota and Nebraska.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:01:39 PM EDT
[#46]
A business is not work dying over. That is what insurance is for. It appears he had to use deadly force to protect himself and that is what you have to do in that situation. I don’t see the point of being out there in the mix.

No doubt the media will twist this and make him out to be a racist.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:01:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Well. Thankfully my company decided it's going to get exciting around my area and have decided to suspend all operations in the downtown area.

I know it's going to get fun around here because police have been blocking off roads and access to the downtown area for the last hour or so.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
He got knocked flat on his back , guy straddled him and tried to choke him out .
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well shoot, he said a mean word, I guess the Constitution no longer applies to him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

What led to the incident was looters going to his property and trying to pry the door open. How in the fuck is that "when assholes collide"?

They went to his property and tried to damage and loot. He used mean words. Yeah, seems like both sides are at fault.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top