Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/29/2020 7:28:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Because it wasn’t mentioned on at least 3 pages in the one of the five riot threads.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Good arrest
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m not a CNN fan by any means, but it seems like a crappy arrest. The reporter was offering to move out of the area while being arrested.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#4]
CNN First Amendment Audit Arrest......

Finally after years of little guys getting arrested for filming, a crew gets arrested that will bring attention to the issue.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Well...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:38:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m not a CNN fan by any means, but it seems like a crappy arrest. The reporter was offering to move out of the area while being arrested.
View Quote

Can't watch the video at the moment, but was his offer one of those "No. No. No.  You can't make me.  No. Wait, you're grounding me?  Fine I'll do it." situations?  Or was he actually cooperating from the start.  If the latter, it's pretty f'd up.  If the former, well, bye.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Because it wasn’t mentioned on at least 3 pages in the one of the five riot threads.
View Quote

you can't attention whore if you don't start a new thread.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some folks (such as myself) don’t have time to read through hundreds of posts looking for actual info in the din of commentary. Giving the highlights a spotlight (their own thread) is appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Can't watch the video at the moment, but was his offer one of those "No. No. No.  You can't make me.  No. Wait, you're grounding me?  Fine I'll do it." situations?  Or was he actually cooperating from the start.  If the latter, it's pretty f'd up.  If the former, well, bye.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From the video he seemed to be cooperating from the start.

It's not a good look for the State Patrol.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like they were saying to get out of the street and CNN was saying just tell us where to go and we will go.
Obviously they did not find that answer satisfactory.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate CNN, but...
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I think they were told to move and did not move.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Good arrest
View Quote

Seriously?  .

I hope you're joking.

I have as much contempt for the MSM as anyone, but this is over-the-top banana republic shit right here.  This is fucking Soviet or communist China shit.  Where are they taking him? To a re-education facility?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Lol riot cops arrested a Hispanic CNN reporter while he was saying "they told us to stand here, do you want us to move
View Quote
It would not surprise me if they were told to clear the street before the video started.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#17]
I predict they’ll be released and charges dropped before the embers cool on the third precinct.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think they were told to move and did not move.
View Quote

Because in America you can only stand on a public street corner if the government tells you it's OK??

Got it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Seriously?  .

I hope you're joking.

I have as much contempt for the MSM as anyone, but this is over-the-top banana republic shit right here.  This is fucking Soviet or communist China shit.  Where are they taking him? To a re-education facility?
View Quote

Maybe to get the knee
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:50:19 AM EDT
[#20]
The alternative was to arrest protesters, can't be doing that, town won't burn itself.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I predict they’ll be released and charges dropped before the embers cool on the third precinct.
View Quote

This.

You'll be having this within the hour I'm sure
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:51:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Optics looking really bad for the cops
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:51:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Hahah it’s funny but wow, state police have some explaining to do!
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can't wait to hear what you'll bitch about next Karen.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Seriously?  .

I hope you're joking.

View Quote

No, no joke. The liberal media has done unimaginable amounts of damage to this country and the people who live here. I would be thrilled to see everybody who works at that network get arrested.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#26]
That’s a shit show.

In a relationship building moment you shot a dog.

Could have just said “move over to that corner.  Thanks for asking.”  Reporter would have the chance to say no on live tv.

Instead, you got what you deserved.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Having a hard time giving a fuck about any CNN reporter getting hooked up.  CNN backs these leftists who get into power and act like leftists, and then acts all surprised when the leftists go all leftist on CNN?  

Insert the "Wants more government / more government" meme here.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#28]
And they're released.... The governor is apologizing.

CNN is now making it out to seem that he was arrested because he was black.

The police were idiots in this case for creating the situation that caused this mess. It just gives CNN ammo for propaganda.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:56:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Some folks (such as myself) don't have time to read through hundreds of posts looking for actual info in the din of commentary. Giving the highlights a spotlight (their own thread) is appreciated.
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:57:28 AM EDT
[#30]
MN Cops just making more friends.....

Waiting on the MSM to start rioting and burning down shit now.

EDIT: Yes, unlike a lot posting here, I watched the video.  Complete bullshit.  
My son got arrested years ago in a similar situation.  Cops told him to stand over there.  He went over there.  Another cop told him to move.  He told this cop that cop A told him to stand here, where do I go?  Bracelets came out.  Night in jail for "Public intoxication and obstruction of justice"  They never tested his alcohol level.  He hung out all night with the jail's nurse because she knew it was BS.

Son went to court and had another cop speak on his behalf and told the judge arresting cop was basically a POS that shouldn't be on the force.  Cop that spoke on his behalf was also a SC Nat. Guard soldier as well as my Son.  Basically got time served and walked.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:57:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No, no joke. The liberal media has done unimaginable amounts of damage to this country and the people who live here. I would be thrilled to see everybody who works at that network get arrested.
View Quote

As long as it meets the probable cause standard , no problem. If not, your just showing your Communist/Pro Dictator tendencies.

You sure you belong on this pro freedom website and wouldn't prefer the Democratic Underground site??
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously?  .

I hope you're joking.

Uh... that's not how America is supposed to work.  I'm no fan of CNN but the po po is making itself look worse by the day.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#34]
CNN or not, thats unacceptable.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if anyone else would have been released that fast without it being on national tv?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:58:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#37]
He was probably just hoping for a cavity search.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go troll somewhere else.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 7:59:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me neither, can you @ me when she does?

I don't want to miss it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#41]
lol...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Riot threads?...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Uh... that's not how America is supposed to work.  I'm no fan of CNN but the po po is making itself look worse by the day.
View Quote

No, I think the law says that we are supposed to execute for treason. Since it doesn’t seem like that’s going to happen, I’ll take the arrest instead.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:02:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Go troll somewhere else.
View Quote

Feelings get hurt? Need a safe space?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:03:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would be thrilled too......IF they actually went after THOSE crimes.

I do not support twisting of the law to achieve a goal.  Twisting the law to achieve a goal like that will come back and bite us in the ass......and all because we didn't want to have to make a harder but much more true case against them.

I.e. we shouldn't take the lazy way out.  We should end them, using their own vehement actions against them.  Much bigger case, much higher penalties, and makes us look righteous rather than petty.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You can hear orders to move over a bullhorn but when the cops came up to them the CNN guy asks where they want them to move to.
View Quote
Watching previous riots normally there are instructions given many times for several minutes before the police move and arrest people. Waiting until the police get there is waiting too long.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

That crew is now gonna get reassigned and/or put on the shelf for a while. Can’t have them out and about on camera anytime soon else cries of favoritism will expose the lienancy...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:05:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah.......the police in this case are fucking themselves over.  CNN for once....not really helping....but hell, I'm pissed off at the tantrum these cops are throwing attempting to get people to respect their authoritay.

If they dont back off of this current direction, the end result is that many fewer people will respect cops in any real way except fear.  And there are way way more pissed off people than cops.....and fear is a poor long term motivator when your society is both ballsy, pissed and armed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top