Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2020 1:39:28 PM EDT
I heard a sequence of four loud booms spaced about a minute apart, sometime after 11AM local time this morning. I thought it was my neighbor with the attached garage slamming stuff, but it made my whole house shake and there was an audible sound. I thought it was an earthquake except for the sound in the air . . . didn't think anything of it until I saw someone on another forum mention hearing it too.

@ModernDayIsraelite did you hear that? I'm in Provo and another guy said he heard it in Draper.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, shooting up my supply of tannerite in the desert
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, shooting up my supply of tannerite in the desert
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]

or
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:45:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe sonic booms?

Some past occurance of this evident in google search attributed to hill afb
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#6]
On the bright side
Since you are still posting
They weren’t nuked
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I heard a sequence of four loud booms spaced about a minute apart, sometime after 11AM local time this morning. I thought it was my neighbor with the attached garage slamming stuff, but it made my whole house shake and there was an audible sound. I thought it was an earthquake except for the sound in the air . . . didn't think anything of it until I saw someone on another forum mention hearing it too.

@ModernDayIsraelite did you hear that? I'm in Provo and another guy said he heard it in Draper.
View Quote

I didn't hear anything in Cache Valley.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:49:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Check the Camp William's facebook page and see if they were firing anything heavy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Blowing the vault doors off bunkers @Dugway.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Bigfoot on the air?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Are you aware I have a ritual called 'terminator'. I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Yellowstone!
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:50:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably just the Skinwalker Ranch...nothing to see here, move along.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Shoot, so thats where they landed.  

You can have them, I do not need them back.  Went further than I thought they would.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tooele A.D. testing
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty sure Camp Williams is doing artillery practice.  Have a buddy nearby that heard the same thing and said it was CW.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:54:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Oh good. He's coming back to stop the Coronavirus
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some earthquakes sound like short deep explosions - just one sudden boom like a truck hitting the side of your home. Didn't Idaho just give the Californian's moving there an earthquake to make them feel welcomed? After shocks possibly?

I live close enough to Camp Pendleton that when they play with the big guns I can hear the distant sounds of artillery practice. I typically don't notice anything but the coordinated battery fire but now I hear what I think are one gun at a time shots at a rate of four or five per minute once in a while. Any military practice ranges in your area? With auto traffic down here I know I can hear further.  

Construction is still going on in most places. Any big projects going on where they might be blowing out the side of a mountain?

Do you know what a sonic boom sounds like?
View Quote

Sonic boom was my first thought. During the Vietnam era jets taking off from Dobbins AFB rattled the windows on our house regularly, it is an unforgettable sound for me.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:57:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Tooele A.D. testing
View Quote

https://kutv.com/news/local/explosions-vibrations-from-military-facility-shake-up-salt-lake-and-utah-counties
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]
"Utah Area" is about 85,000 square miles

you should be more specific
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Probably blowing the bridges this shit is getting real.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Nothing on the USGS Earthquake Map.  Probably the Army getting bored and blowing stuff up for giggles.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://kutv.com/news/local/explosions-vibrations-from-military-facility-shake-up-salt-lake-and-utah-counties
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tooele A.D. testing

I was looking at that facility through a PVS-14 last night, though from a great distance. We were up in the mountains shooting and saw a Blackhawk fly below us scraping the valley floor.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I heard it in the Lindon/ PG area.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#30]

I've heard two gooduns today so far.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I've heard two gooduns today so far.
View Quote

Username certainly checks out~
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Big badda booms in Utah usually come courtesy of the military. I'm sure they were just blowing stuff up again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Do you know what a sonic boom sounds like?
View Quote

Oh God yes. We used to hear them all the time back in the 60's.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#34]
A Masonic boom?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay sonic boomer
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Someone took the Aurora out for a spin
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Seneca drums?

ETA; Seneca Drums
For hundreds of years, people around Seneca Lake have talked of strange "booms" coming from the lake. A long time legend, many have described the sound as one of distant cannon fire. According to folklore, the sounds are a message from the Iroquois who inhabited the area hundreds of years ago, while others believe they are simply the result of geothermal reactions.
Over the years, there has been no shortage of lively explanations for the thunderous booms that have arisen out of the depths of Seneca Lake. The most ancient myths, held by the Iroquois Indians, were considered mere superstitions by early white settlers. Nevertheless, the myths multiplied as the years went by.

Seneca Indians believed that the booming sounds came from the Great Spirit, who swallowed up Agayenthah, the tallest and bravest of all the warriors. Agayenthah was hunting bear and took refuge under a shoreline tree when a thunderstorm came. Lightning struck, and he and the tree fell into the lake. The following day, the Seneca people heard the drums for the first time, which they interpreted as the Great Spirit's curse upon Agayenthah's violation of sacred hunting codes.

Others claimed that the sounds were the drums of their ancestors, evil spirits inhabiting the lake, signals from the God of Thunder, or residual sounds leftover by the Great Spirit when the earth was created. Another myth described that the drumming came from a soldier from the post-Revolutionary War, whose actions taken against the Iroquois caused him to lose his way forever, searching for his regiment.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Probably blowing the bridges this shit is getting real.
View Quote

Yes, b/c blowing the overpasses in the desert are going to . . . really screw up the drive home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top