Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2001 8:13:19 AM EDT

George Bush has finally done something I cannot support. He has unveiled " Project Safe ," a new bit of "kindler,gentler" anti-gun policy. Primarily, it's a big government spending program, but since it's spending on new district attorneys and policemen and the like I can for the most part accept that. A lot of it goes to expand the ATF and FBI, too, which doesn't exactly make me Mr. Happy Face either; but, as a law abiding citizen, I can accept that too. I'm a reasonable man. I don't have to like every part of every bill to like a President. But the part of "Project Safe" that really brought me up short was this:

"In addition to strict enforcement of existing gun laws, the President supports expanding instant background checks to close the gun show loophole and [i] banning the importation of high-capacity ammunition clips. "[/i]
View Quote

Rest of article here:.
[url]http://www.anotherpundit.com/cgi/viewnews.cgi?newsid990073238,98634,[/url]

Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent website, sir.  Would you consider submissions by other authors?  I've had a couple of essays picked up by KeepandBearArms.com and EnterStageRight.com.

[sniper]
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I won't right now, but I definitely will in future. I just don't have time right now to do editing, proofreading, and the like -- it's just a out-of-my-basement operation at this point, and I'll need to reconfigure my archiving & presentation before I can really handle articles by multiple people. Thanks for the positive feedback, though -- which articles of yours have been on keepandbeararms.com? I've prolly read 'em :)
Link Posted: 5/17/2001 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#3]
KABA published my essay "An Uncomfortable Conclusion" (having to do with the election), and they linked to one I put up on the (late, lamented) Themestream titled "This is a Gun Free Zone!"  EnterStageRight published one titled "A Sterling Example".  

Let me know.  

[sniper]
Top Top