Page / 5
Posted: 11/6/2019 3:55:45 AM EDT
They just don't get it

Link
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Hollywood: "We saw you all bought plenty of tickets to Terminator: Genisys despite the problems. You want more?"

Audience: "Give us more!"

Hollywood: "John Connor is now retconned dead and replaced with a Mexican woman!"

Audience: *leaves*
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Skynet was destroyed, the future was saved. For the love of god just let it be over....god damn. This is the same reason we didn’t need a Back to the Future 4. Imagine a movie where Michael J Fox in drag playing his daughter isn’t a joke, it’s WOKE!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:25:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Dark Fate faces losses of $120 million-plus for partners Skydance Media, Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox, which each put up 30 percent of the $185 million budget (Disney, which now owns the Fox film studio, will absorb the loss), sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. China's Tencent has a 10 percent stake.

China ruining another movie?

Either way, good. They killed this franchise and I'm at the point where I probably will never see another one.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:28:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Skynet was destroyed, the future was saved. For the love of god just let it be over....god damn. This is the same reason we didn’t need a Back to the Future 4. Imagine a movie where Michael J Fox in drag playing his daughter isn’t a joke, it’s WOKE!
View Quote
Marty McFly goes back in time to the high school dance where his parents meet, but his mom hooks up with one of the black guys in the band, and when Marty returns to the present his character is now played by Jaden Smith.

Audience reaction: "Fuck this shit."
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Last good Terminator was Summer Glau.  Everything after that was shit.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:39:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:44:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dark Fate faces losses of $120 million-plus for partners Skydance Media, Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox, which each put up 30 percent of the $185 million budget (Disney, which now owns the Fox film studio, will absorb the loss), sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. China's Tencent has a 10 percent stake.

China ruining another movie?

Either way, good. They killed this franchise and I'm at the point where I probably will never see another one.
View Quote
Chinese audience aren’t interested in Dark Fate either. They saved Genysis but probably had buyers remorse. China didn’t save Gemeni Man and Joker didn’t need China so Hollywood no longer has a reliable back up plan
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#9]
They need to send a T-800 back in time to 2017, targeted on Tim Miller.

Mission success means John Connor would still live.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I enjoyed it...glossed over the SJW shit. It's there, but not near as bad as other films.
I doubt there will be another Terminator after this one though.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:15:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Get Woke Go Broke.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:20:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's not a franchise problem. It's a fuckwits injecting ridiculous SJW nonsense and completely retconning the established lore problem.

There's still plenty of material to be explored in the Terminator universe.

Hire competent people that won't fuck it up, and get to exploring.
View Quote
It is no different than CNN and MSNBC operating at a net loss or Netflix losing subscribers hand over fist or Dicks sporting goods losing millions in sales it is ideology over prophet and they will happily continue down that path undeterred.

In fact they will probably blame it on not being SJW enough and make another that is even worse.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:29:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Movie title checks out.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Listen, and understand! That SJW is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It only haz the feels, like pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you, your history and your values are dead!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's not a franchise problem. It's a fuckwits injecting ridiculous SJW nonsense and completely retconning the established lore problem.

View Quote
The problem is that many people in that industry feel that every project has to make a “statement.”
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The problem is that many people in that industry feel that every project has to make a “statement.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I liked things better when they meant a bank statement in the black!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:34:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Haha, fuck em.

Thing I noticed was all the media hype before it opened featured the all female cast members looking all tough and butch.

When the movie was deemed a flop, all the media showed pics of Arnold.

Even failure can be used to push a subtle message.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:39:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Saw Arnie and Linda on Graham Norton last week.

She seems nuttier than T2 Sarah.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#19]
People still go to the movies?
I haven't been to a movie theater in 29 yrs.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Their solution is more wokeness!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:17:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Boy they are reaching for straws to deflect why the movie bombed.

Well, anything but the truth.... that is.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup. All this sjw crap. My wife love hallmark channel and I guess I’m not seeing a big overweight minority couple falling in love in those movies. They make them around white people where it will capture the attention. I’m not racist but that’s how it is
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:21:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is a strange thing to take the time to admit and seem to take pride in.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 8:50:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I avoid anything with that dick Arnold in it.  Did a bunch of bone head things while Gov.  Slipped his roided salami to his nasty house keeper, pardoned his buddy's son who was involved in a murder, and is now buddies with Greta.  He can FOAD without my few cents from his shitty acting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 8:56:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
That series was seriously very good. They should’ve hired everyone out of it and made a feature movie out of it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Genisys was a stinker too. It's wishful thinking to blame this on the sjw crap after Black Panther and Captain Marvel made tons of money.
View Quote
That's the thing. I think it's less because of SJWing it and more that it's just T1 regurgitated. They did the same thing with The Force Awakens and Star Trek (reboot). It's like you have an infinite amount of ideas and a huge range of access to writers and content and the best you can do is just thinly veil a remake of the original? I still enjoyed Dark Fate because it's a bunch of time traveling killer robots with gunplay. But ultimately it could have been much better. Fun way to kill and afternoon with my buddy though as we wanted some mindless entertainment.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#31]
"The goodwill and brand equity created by the first two Terminator films was arguably undone by the subsequent pre-Dark Fate installments, which may have negatively impacted audience interest in this latest chapter in the series,"
View Quote
The lack of introspection is just sad.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:03:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm going to give them a Dark fate solid, just make the terminator a honda 2000 and have a rapper drive it "The fast & the furious T2000" they have there audience. Hollywood has nothing good to offer, netflix can go with them.

A Liberal professor isn't going to change his tune, you need to replace the professor sometimes the entire university.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#33]
They just don't get that their SJW bullshit is why it failed.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Can't be suprised folks.

The director said this movie was made specifically to alienate it's core audience. It succeeded.

The ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Director Believes The Film Will ‘Scare The F*ck Out Of’ Misogynists
View Quote
You can see online the responses to some of the early sh*t that’s out there… I don’t give a f*ck.”
View Quote
That's the director saying he does not care if fans hate the movie as long as it expresses his political message.

“Dark Fate” cost $185 million to produce. Variety reports the movie’s marketing and distribution budget was in the $80 million and $100 million range, which means the movie would have to gross in the $450 million range in order to turn a profit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm sick of the whole "time paradox" plot device in SciFi.  It's old, overused and tiring.

Oh, and SJW is bullshit too...
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Listen, and understand! That SJW is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It only haz the feels, like pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you, your history and your values are dead!
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Why did this Tim Miller asshead knock Deadpool out of the fucking park, but this movie sucked a veiney schlong?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Chinese audience aren't interested in Dark Fate either. They saved Genysis but probably had buyers remorse. China didn't save Gemeni Man and Joker didn't need China so Hollywood no longer has a reliable back up plan
View Quote
Tell a good story with interesting characters, and I think that plan will work anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Get woke go broke!
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Get Woke Go Broke.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Skynet was destroyed, the future was saved. For the love of god just let it be over....god damn.
This is the same reason we didn’t need a Back to the Future 4. Imagine a movie where Michael J Fox in drag playing his daughter isn’t a joke, it’s WOKE!
View Quote
This is why I'm tired of time travel as a plot device. Nothing is ever over.
It's the ultimate deus ex machina. You just keep changing things to restart the story.
It's the apex of lazy sci-fi writing.

The most interesting take on "time travel" that I've come across lately was Gibson's last book, "The Peripheral."
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#42]
SWJ BS for the win once again.  Can Hollywierd go back in time and ruin another great movie?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:31:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok

Boomer
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Nonsense! I have it on good accord that this terminator movie is near perfect...
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#45]
SWJ BS for the win once again.  Can Hollywierd go back in time and ruin another great movie?
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:32:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

"What'd he just say?"

Attachment Attached File

"He said there are bad sequels coming."

Attachment Attached File

"I know."

(Reposted from the other thread )
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Get woke go broke.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
They need to send a T-800 back in time to 2017, targeted on Tim Miller.

Mission success means John Connor would still live.
View Quote
I was gonna say, they could use that hundo millun to build a time machine & stop the movies from being made.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:36:37 AM EDT
[#49]
I tried to enjoy the movie, but all the female leads were distracting/boring.
“I’ll be back” from Sarah Connor was enough to leave.
“We need to stand and fight” was close but still doesn’t beat T3’s “there doesn’t have to be a war”
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Why did this Tim Miller asshead knock Deadpool out of the fucking park, but this movie sucked a veiney schlong?
View Quote
Deadpool is a degenerate irony bro.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top