Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 11/2/2019 10:52:45 AM EDT
https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/11/02/woke-terminator-tanks-at-the-box-office/

Attachment Attached File

Terminator: Dark Fate is not only tanking at the stateside box office, it’s also tanking overseas. If you have seen the movie, as I have, the fact that it cost $185 million to produce seems preposterous. There is no way all that money made it on the screen. But add another $100 million for promotion, and according to the formula, Dark Fate will have to make over $650 million worldwide just to break even.

That’s just not going to happen.

Dark Fate will be lucky to hit $75 million stateside, and the overseas grosses are already flaming out.

As of right now, despite endless publicity and the news about Linda Hamilton and James Cameron returning — after 28 long years — to the franchise, Dark Fate is looking at a $28 million opening weekend.

How bad is that?

The projections were closer to $40 million, but when your movie costs $300 million, when your movie costs as much as a Marvel movie that opens to $100  million, $40 million is still weak.

**** Skipped ahead in article ****

And then there’s the whole woke thing…

What is so disappointing about James Cameron is that he used to make statements through intelligent storytelling. Sigourney Weaver: Action Hero. Hell-to-the-yes. Aliens was all the way back in 1986, and no one blinked an eye at a female action hero because there was no overt preaching and the casting was perfect. Aliens also has female Marines. Again, because Cameron created such a believable world and future, you just bought it. You never felt like you were receiving a lecture or being talked down to. Cameron did it again in T2, and it was perfect.

What the hell happened to that guy? With Avatar, and now with Dark Fate, he is regressing from a Class-A storyteller pushing the cultural envelope in a way so effective the public accepts it without realizing it, into an obnoxious film student hitting us over the head with a partisan hammer.

All we heard about Dark Fate was how THE GRRRRLS ARE TAKING OVER, how it’s all about capital “D” Diversity, how it condemns the cruelty of Trump’s border enforcement.

Who the hell wants to see that?

Get woke, go broke. We see this time and time and time again at the Cineplex, but these idiots never learn.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That franchise should have ended long ago.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't even know this movie existed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Honestly Terminator Salvation is on Hulu and was a lot better than I remember. The ending was a bit of an asspull but not that bad.

I mean we actually get a future war and the aesthetics of the wasteland was pretty darn good.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Good. This should happen to everything in the entertainment industry preaching SJW garbage.

People want to be entertained, not lectured on how to be PC.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Looking forward to seeing it with my dad and brothers this weekend.

The movie has an 87% audience score, which according to other threads here is more important than the critics score.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly Terminator Salvation is on Hulu and was a lot better than I remember. The ending was a bit of an asspull but not that bad.

I mean we actually get a future war and the aesthetics of the wasteland was pretty darn good.
View Quote
Kinda funny how we look at the Star Wars prequels the same way

Wasn't as great as the original, little weird at parts, but it still has the authentic feel/makes some sense next to the originals When compared to the movies that came afterward.

In the case of Star Wars, Plinkett's criticisms are dead on.
But those 3 movies are better than the new 3.
Same with the Terminator series.
I can't believe I'm going to say Terminator3 (Again, girlpower villain was part of the problem, it's VERY hard to follow the T-1000 with that), but T3 is better than T5, and will likely be better than this one too.

Ranking the terminator movies, just my opinion here:
Tier 1:
Terminator 2
Terminator 1

Tier 2:
Terminator 4
Terminator 3

Tier 10:
T5
T6

Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#7]
It's hard to make that movie fresh after the 2nd time.  The 3rd time had a prequel type spin where you started to see the genesis of Skynet, but it wasn't as good as 2.

You see this with Star Wars, where the new bad guys are a new Empire, and the big threat is a Death Star that blows up suns instead of planets.

Even in the original trilogy, the 3rd movie McGuffin is "Hey we need to take out the new Death Star".
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I always thought Salvation was pretty good (even with the *bleh* end), and I wasn't really that put off by T3. I hated Genysis, and I had no plans to go see this abortion before the shitty reviews started pouring in.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I always thought Salvation was pretty good (even with the *bleh* end), and I wasn't really that put off by T3. I hated Genysis, and I had no plans to go see this abortion before the shitty reviews started pouring in.
View Quote
Christian Bale made that movie a lot better even though it came out later than he really didn't want to be in the Terminator series at all. Lol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's hard to make that movie fresh after the 2nd time.  The 3rd time had a prequel type spin where you started to see the genesis of Skynet, but it wasn't as good as 2.

You see this with Star Wars, where the new bad guys are a new Empire, and the big threat is a Death Star that blows up suns instead of planets.

Even in the original trilogy, the 3rd movie McGuffin is "Hey we need to take out the new Death Star".
View Quote
The next Death Star will blow up two suns. "So it's bigger."

The article about Dark Fate nails it. Get woke, go broke, because people want to be entertained with good story telling. Nobody wants to give $$ to have some tired, rehashed SJWGURRLLLPOWAH message thrown in their face. Fuck off with that shit, Mr Cameron.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#11]
I am a Terminator super fan and won't see this SJW pile of shit. If you support this shit you're financing more of the same shit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#13]
IMO T1, T2, Salvation.   I can’t hate on T3 too much because of Kristanna Loken. But it’s not something I would watch again.

Naw I put on Salvation and it was actually really good. I saw it in theatres umpteen years ago (when 2018 was still the future) and liked it. Kinda forgot about it. Watched it again and it was on point. HK rifles, M4s, the kid they got to play Kyle Reese actually looked like Kyle Reese. John Connor was shown as having people support him as well as doubt him. The imagery was brilliant. It looked like Fallout or Book of Eli.

The final battle with T800 could’ve been better but it smartly relegated Arnold as to being just a machine.

It could have stopped there. I don’t like the heart surgery bit. It was dumb. I ignore that part.

Everything up to that part was fairly solid.

The old Hueys and worn A-10s were awesome
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me neither. Genesis wasnt that bad. This new film. All I had to do was see a couple of trailers and how blatant the SJW was within the story line and characters.

Shove your agenda down our throats and expect us to take it? How about we shove back.

Hollyweird is grabbing for straws, they've made a lot of flops lately and I think it will get worse.  They hate capitalism so bad but yet profit from it. They hate Republicans, gun owners, prolifers and freedom and free thinking people but yet want us to see their belongs in a dumpster ?? films.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Without seeing the movie I can tell already that it needs more transgender.

and gay robots.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I stopped after T2.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Hollyweird has been involved in social engineering for quite sometime,   the Chinese money influence has pushed it into overdrive.

The Chinese have good reason to see America weakened by open border policies and SJW nonsense.   Also need to factor in the Chinese will happily fund anything that puts Trump in a negative light (Border issue) seeing as he is a major thorn in their side with regards to trade and Chinese expansion of influence.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:39:59 AM EDT
[#18]
LOL Genisys was supposed to be a re-boot, but didn't meet expectations so they canned the direct sequels.  The "woke" movie they made instead is now doing worse?  This is called just desserts.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
T1, T2, Salvation........everything else.

I won’t watch this one for free when it’s on cable.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 11:59:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wasn't as great as the original, little weird at parts, but it still has the authentic feel/makes some sense next to the originals When compared to the movies that came afterward.

I can't believe I'm going to say Terminator3 (Again, girlpower villain was part of the problem, it's VERY hard to follow the T-1000 with that), but T3 is better than T5, and will likely be better than this one too.

Tier 1:
Terminator 2
Terminator 1

Tier 2:
Terminator 4
Terminator 3

Tier 10:
T5
T6

https://media0.giphy.com/media/VUSEtOtZwavtK/source.gif
View Quote

Terminator 2 was a huge pile of shit, as have all of the movies been after the perfect first one.  Edward Furlong’s awful cheesy acting, and Arnold’s terrible “now I know why you cry but it is the one thing I cannot do,” Jesus.  It was so terrible.  I have never understood why people rank it like you do.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:01:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Go woke....go broke
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#23]
So, hopefully, this one will be the one to "terminate" the series. Finally.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Terminator 2 was a huge pile of shit, as have all of the movies been after the perfect first one.  Edward Furlong’s awful cheesy acting, and Arnold’s terrible “now I know why you cry but it is the one thing I cannot do,” Jesus.  It was so terrible.  I have never understood why people rank it like you do.
View Quote
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a movie in possession of a chase scene in which killer robots on a HD fatboy wreck shit with a Winchester 1887 12 gauge must be in want of an automatic 4/5 stars.

Maybe Pride and Prejudice is more to your liking.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a movie in possession of a chase scene in which killer robots on a HD fatboy wreck shit with a Winchester 1887 12 gauge must be in want of an automatic 4/5 stars.

Maybe Pride and Prejudice is more to your liking.
View Quote
And I could see that, were it not for the exceedingly awkward buddy comedy with fish-out-of-water elements they clumsily tried to add in.  A movie with a minigun shootout and a suppressed M-16 wrecking a house didn’t need any of that other dumb shit, and yet there it is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:24:11 PM EDT
[#27]
The media will of coarse come up with some bs reason the movie bombed.

They are a fat girl starring at the mirror covered in makeup screaming why can’t I get a date, what’s wrong with everybody else?
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Hollywood isn't there to make money, it exists to push agendas.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Good. This should happen to everything in the entertainment industry preaching SJW garbage.

People want to be entertained, not lectured on how to be PC.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Hope it BKs everyone involved.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#31]
The casting director that chose the new Villain Terminator should be laughed out of the industry.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Nobody wants an SJW woke Terminator.

Apparently the girl who is going to "save humanity" is Mexican.
There's a scene where they get apprehended by the Border Patrol and have to blow up the detention center to escape.
Probably hoping for applause from a woke audience.

Next!
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I plan on seeing it. I sure as hell am not going to let an article from Breitbart influence whether I go see this movie. It just started yesterday around here. Everyone I know is planning on seeing it.

So they were over budget? Wow, big surprise. Show me something that is not. Don’t care if they lose their ass.

Want to see a movie without a hint of SJW crap going on this day and age? Good luck. I mean the Joker clearly was an SJW crying ass liberal mess but it still raked in the money. I’ll still go see Terminator. Might suck, might not. Kind of like all movies. Has to be better than John Wick. Lol!
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Didn't even know this movie existed.
View Quote
Same.

There's been zero publicity here.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Get woke go broke.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I plan on seeing it. I sure as hell am not going to let an article from Breitbart influence whether I go see this movie. It just started yesterday around here. Everyone I know is planning on seeing it.

So they were over budget? Wow, big surprise. Show me something that is not. Don’t care if they lose their ass.

Want to see a movie without a hint of SJW crap going on this day and age? Good luck. I mean the Joker clearly was an SJW crying ass liberal mess but it still raked in the money. I’ll still go see Terminator. Might suck, might not. Kind of like all movies. Has to be better than John Wick. Lol!
View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tier 1:
Terminator 2
Terminator 1

Tier 2:
Terminator 4
Terminator 3

Tier 10:
T5
T6

https://media0.giphy.com/media/VUSEtOtZwavtK/source.gif

T2 has a Rotten Tomatoes audience score of 94% with almost 750,000 votes.

Oh, it sucks!
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Oh, it sucks!
View Quote
Dark Fate will probably have a 100% audience score with three reviews...........forever.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#39]
I really have no desire to see it, definitely not at full price.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
WTF?  Liberal media hated Joker and was hoping for a box office failure.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Stop pushing SJW agendas. I'm not watching that shit.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:23:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Oh, it sucks!
View Quote
Yes, there are a lot of assholes who vote on there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#43]
I saw a pre-release screening last week.  It was not a great movie, but it was not near as "Woke" or SJW as arfcom makes it out to be.

The gurl-power was not overplayed any more than T2, except the poor timeline choices that a bunch of hardened scavangers would fall in line behind a pathetic speech from a teenageer (girl or boy).  The ICE detention center was not a political statement, etc etc.

It was simply a mediocre action movie with a thin, re-hashed plot and nothing original offered.  The rag doll physics engine annoyed me in the CGI, it just wasn't realistic.  And the REv-9 (T3000) motions were impossibly agile and fast for the base frame.  They should have had the base frame slow, clunky but extra strong like the T800 and the liquid metal half an improve version of a T1000
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:30:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Hollywood getting what they deserve always makes me smile.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I saw a pre-release screening last week.  It was not a great movie, but it was not near as "Woke" or SJW as arfcom makes it out to be.

The gurl-power was not overplayed any more than T2, except the poor timeline choices that a bunch of hardened scavangers would fall in line behind a pathetic speech from a teenageer (girl or boy).  The ICE detention center was not a political statement, etc etc.

It was simply a mediocre action movie with a thin, re-hashed plot and nothing original offered.  The rag doll physics engine annoyed me in the CGI, it just wasn't realistic.  And the REv-9 (T3000) motions were impossibly agile and fast for the base frame.  They should have had the base frame slow, clunky but extra strong like the T800 and the liquid metal half an improve version of a T1000
View Quote
There was girl power in T2? You saw Sarah Conner go from soccer mom to bad ass because she had to.  That’s good story telling.

Your opinion is extremely suspect.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:41:11 PM EDT
[#46]
HAHAHA! at some of the comments.

"A terminator should come from the future and destroy this movie."
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I wanted to see it until I heard 'border detention facility' and 'illegal immigrant hero'.

Nope.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There was girl power in T2? You saw Sarah Conner go from soccer mom to bad ass because she had to.  That’s good story telling.

Your opinion is extremely suspect.
View Quote
And....that's my point.   Sarah Conner was still a strong bad-ass character.   Grace was a strong bad-ass supersoldier from the future... because she was built as one.   Pretty much the same as T2

The new minority female "savior" character was just a T2 John Conner substitute,  but less useful.

So again, the new gurl-power level in Dark Fate was on par with T2 (i.e. ... wasn't existent).   Your reading comprehension is extremely suspect.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:47:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were also hoping for a mass shooting. Practically daring someone to do it in fact.
Link Posted: 11/2/2019 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I wanted to see it until I heard 'border detention facility' and 'illegal immigrant hero'.

Nope.
View Quote
Heard you have to read subtitles in the movie unless you understand spanish.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Top Top