Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2004 7:00:46 PM EDT
Watch how we do it world.  

30 minutes to go and everything looks good.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this stuff is pretty cool.

M2K4: Roaming the Red Planet

Edited to add - NASA TV requires Real Player

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Watching it now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buffering.....Buffering.....

Sorry, ya'll will just have to tell me what happens.....I never have liked realmedia in any form, and this newest player they have out is absolute garbage....
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:25:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm watching it now, glad i got cable.

Infantry
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, ya'll will just have to tell me what happens.....I never have liked realmedia in any form, and this newest player they have out is absolute garbage....
View Quote

You should go download a copy of Real Alternative. I hate real media stuff but I use that program for when its the only format available. No problems so far.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#5]
[i]Server has reached capacity and cannot handle any more streams. Please try again later[/i]

Bummer, looks like I'll have to depend on others telling me about it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I had it but got kicked off right as the lander was sending signals it was rolling on the surface...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Just reported very strong signal from Rover ...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#8]
[b] WE DID IT !! GOD BLESS THE USA !! [/B]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
"Very strong signal!"
[beer]
Way to go NASA! Way to go JPL!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]
0452 GMT (11:52 p.m. EST)
SPIRIT IS ALIVE ON MARS! A "very strong signal" is now being received from the Spirit rover from the Gusev Crater on the surface of the Red Planet!
View Quote

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#11]
First video feed uploading from digital array, ETR 45 seconds after airbag deflates... ETA 2 minutes...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#12]
"Have a lock on the carrier signal"

Rover landed base-metal-down, or right-side-up, but airbags still inflated. Airbags to retract in about 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
SUCK IT EUROPE!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 7:58:30 PM EDT
[#14]
First video image capture from Rover...

[img]http://civilwarclipart.com/Clipartgallery/images/hillary_batboy.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:04:49 PM EDT
[#15]
They are partying down at ASU right now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#16]
FUCKING AMAZING!!!

I am compltely in awe of the technology and human spirit that it takes to send a robotic probe to another planet!

Not to sound like an ethnocentric bigot or anything, but THIS is what the West and democracy is all about - giving people the opportunity to explore their limits!  Not telling them HOW to live their lives or what to believe.

To me, space exploration captures the essence of what it truly means to be human!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I love space exploration!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:19:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't wait to get off this rock and put all the sheeple in my rear view mirror!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

You should go download a copy of [red]Real Alternative[/red]. I hate real media stuff but I use that program for when its the only format available. No problems so far.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Press confrence underway on CNN and FNC
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Pictures may be coming tonight. 11:30 California time. Stills from UHF via [i]Odyssey[/i]. They intend to try opening the high gain antenna on the lander and get streaming TV between 5 and 7 PM CA time tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#22]
O.K., I do not want to gloat, but how many times have we landed on Mars, and how many times have others nations screwed up their landings?  Of anyone knows the stats, please tell.

It just feels like its morning in America again.  Man do I love these times.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
O.K., I do not want to gloat, but how many times have we landed on Mars, and how many times have others nations screwed up their landings?  Of anyone knows the stats, please tell.

It just feels like its morning in America again.  Man do I love these times.
View Quote

I do believe we've knackered a couple landing too...
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top