Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 9:50:49 PM EDT
I have heard some very good things on another board about a little known brand of subwoofers, SVS.  The one I am considering is...

www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pci_20-39.htm

Thoughts?  Suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I was thinking of getting one of those about a year ago. Then I ended up moving into an apartment so I decided it would be a bad idea.  :-)

If you haven't discovered this yet [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/index.php]Home Theater Forums[/url] there are a lot of great reviews and opinions about SVS there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought A SVS (SVS PB1-ISD) last summer.

I have nothing but good things to say about it!
It is very well built -  heavy as hell, but that's a good thing...

They are not cheap but very will worth the price.

BTW, I just received a "Happy Holiday" note from the SVS company - they don't just sell then forget!

If the PCI 20-39 works as well as the model that I bought you'll love it!

Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:16:04 AM EDT
[#3]
They seem to be highly rated over at hometheaterforum.com, but for a little savings in money and the fun in building it yourself, I went to partsexpress.com and purchased a 12"DVC subwoofer, 250 watt plate amp, and a precut cabinet. Haven't put it together yet, but will be shortly.

But as was stated, lots of good info at hometheaterforum.com

vmax84
Link Posted: 1/3/2004 6:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have heard some very good things on another board about a little known brand of subwoofers, SVS.  The one I am considering is...
[url]http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pci_20-39.htm[/url]
Thoughts?  Suggestions?
View Quote

Said to be excellent but I don't have one. I'm a [b]Paradigm[/b] owner, myself. [:D]

[devil]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top