Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2004 3:09:51 PM EDT
As long as he keeps talking like this, he's got my vote. In the primary.
www.boston.com/news/globe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2004/01/02/deans_blunt_talk_about_race?mode=PF

"Dealing with race is about educating white folks," Dean said in an interview Tuesday on a campaign swing through the first primary state where African-American voters will have a major impact. "Not because white people are worse than black people about race but because whites are in the majority, and therefore the behavior of whites has a much bigger influence on hiring practices and so forth and so on than the behavior of African-Americans."

Uh-huh. Note the careful use of the word "folks" to signal that he is a regular, no-nonsense, down-to-earth guy.

Dean said his own education about unconscious racism began at Yale, where he graduated in 1971. He was trying to get a child from the inner city of New Haven that he was tutoring to talk "proper" English. One of his African-American roommates told him, "Why don't you leave him alone?" He said he had the "traditional white liberal idea that if black people were like us then we'd all be fine. Sort of like the Republican idea. If we all played golf at the same country club, then there wouldn't be any racial problems."

Here Dean carefully trots out an involved metaphor for the politically suicidal statement "I am a fatuous moron more concerned with observing false social values than with improving anyone's life." Presumably, he didn't keep after the kid to learn standard English. Therefore we can safely assume that the kid is now a successful doctor, attorney, or businessman despite the fact that he talks like Snoop Dogg with a snootful of ganja, or that he is dead or unemployed, but "keepin' it real." You guess which.

Now Dean wants to get white Americans to ask those same questions without raising the hair on their necks. If he succeeds, that would really turn the tables on America's most difficult subject.

God forbid that if [again, God forbid] he is elected, Dean mind the national store rather than trying to re-educate the population into enlightened ways of feeling. Can you believe that some of your fellow-citizens are actually enthusiastic about the prospect of this watery fleck of curdled yak milk holding high office?

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Dean is an idiot the only people in Vermont that like him are the gays and greenies and other idiots in the larger population centers......people in the smaller towns up in northern Vermont hate him........I know, I work with a lot of people from small town Vermont. I also know of one female that loves him and the Klintoons..............she is a single Mom that is just praying fro socialized medicine!!!..I'll take my chances with Bush.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Dean's just about a stupid MoFo...

I still am laughing my a$$ off about his remark that "this election shouldn't be about God, guns, and gays..."

Hell, if I were on the wrong side of those three issues, I wouldn't want the election to be about them either!...[LOL][ROFL2][LOL]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#3]
... People like these love him:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=976923
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Good god.  If he really feels that way, then he should get [url=http://lisupras.com/wooo.html]Bubb Rubb[/url] to be his White House spokesman if he wins.  And when people complain about how unintellible he is, Dean should come out and say "Hey!  Leave him alone!  Why should everyone talk like white folks?"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top