Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2004 5:12:54 AM EDT
These sound nice, but it is the same 'big government' nonsense, for the most part.
www.kucinich.us/issues/10key.php

[1] Universal Health Care with a Single Payer Plan

[2] Full Social Security Benefits at Age 65

[3] Withdrawal from NAFTA and WTO

4] Repeal of the "Patriot Act"

[5] Right-to-Choose, Privacy, and Civil Rights

[6] Balance Between Workers and Corporations

[7] Guaranteed Quality Education, Pre-K through College

A Renewed Commitment to Peace and Diplomacy

[9] Restored Rural Communities and Family Farms

[10] Environmental Renewal and Clean Energy

I have to wonder why the people who want to place the most social demand on government, want to reduce 'monied interests'.  They want to make it nearly impossible to pay for their social programs, when it is only really hard right now.
Defies any reasoning I am familiar with.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:02:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I guess the Red Headed Stranger has drugged himself into the Grey Haired Burn-out.

-HS
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm with Kucinich on the right to choose.

The right of law-abiding Americans to choose class 3 automatic weapons for sport or self defense.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Kucinich's a wiener. If Willie wants to endorse him, fine. But Kucinich reminds me a lot of Jimmy Carter.  For example, Kucinich's "plan" to create a Department of Peace reminds me of how Carter made the Department of Education.  This whole stupid idea that creating giovernment bureaucracies will somehow solve social problems.  Has education gotten better in the US since this useless cabinet position was created?  The reading rates have remained basically flay, but the DOE's budget keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Like Carter, I think Kucinich would be too idealistic and principled to get the practical nitty gritty business of government done. Congress hada  really tough time doing business with Carter because he came off on his high horse condemning them for being in the pockets of special interests.  Carter just couldn't accept that's how things work in America.  Like Carter, Kucinich looks at things as they SHOULD be, not accepting how they ARE.  

That's very appealling to a segment of the population that doesn't know much about government or how it works. People like, say, Willie Nelson.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]
This what happens when you do too many drugs.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Remember is a co=sponser of H.B. 2038 AW Ban

The new more restrictive version

He hates "Assault Weapons"

He doesn't even like the post bans he wants them gone.

He was a knuckle head as the Cleveland Clown Representative (still is IMO)
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Added to my "Just say no" list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top