Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 4:48:30 PM EDT
That's why I buy 1095 carbon steel or other high carbon steels. I stay away from stainless unless it's good stainless like VG-10.

It relaxes me. Do you feel the same way?

I love a sharp edge!
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah i enjoy putting a nice edge on a knife as long as i'm actually making it sharper. nothing frustrates me more then not getting a blade to shave. but i keep at it until it's there. i pride myself in my ability to get a decent edge with only a diamond rod and leather belt. i'm used to softer stainless steels, and had a hard time with my new BM 710HS. I got it to shave, but i still feel it could be sharper. just need more practice i guess.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you use a sharpening system or just a stone?

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont, because Im terrible at it

My CRKT M16-12Z is still pretty sharp, but could probably benefit from a good sharpening
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
How good are you at sharpening Emerson Commanders with a chisel grind?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]

I can't belive most of you seem to be taking clean_cut's recent threads seriously! Are you all drinking tonight or what? [BD]

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I can't belive most of you seem to be taking clean_cut's recent threads seriously! Are you all drinking tonight or what? [BD]

View Quote

Why shouldn't they be taking it seriously? If you go to Bladeforums knives are serious.

I use a stone - diamond or natural.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The first step is admitting you have a  Obsessive Compulsive disorder.

[stick]

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I am a little obsessive about keeping my knives sharp
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, yeah, you never know when you'll need a sharp knife to cut strips of skin off dead hookers to make a coat, or maybe a seat cushion.....
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, yeah, you never know when you'll need a sharp knife to cut strips of skin off dead hookers to make a coat, or maybe a seat cushion.....
View Quote

[lolabove]

Oh man that was funny.

Silence of The Lambs, anyone?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[lolabove]

Oh man that was funny.

Silence of The Lambs, anyone?
View Quote

Ya know, we probably shouldn't laugh.  c_c may opt for a road trip.[:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top