Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 3:10:33 PM EDT
.....The best work they've put out to date?

Ok, I know it's been out for awhile, but I put off getting it. Partly because I heard that they had signed to Warner. Not so much out of protest of the big labels, but because of their previous stance on big labels.

Found out that it was actually out on HellCat, not Warner.

So a buddy of mine finaly convinced me to hear it.

I was sold after the first song. I swear, this CD is the best thing they've put out to date.

A far cry from "Let's Go". And even much different from their last, self titled, CD.

But it hasn't left my CD player since I got it. Just one great song after another.

My only complaint is that Matt Freemans awesome Bass skills aren't nearly as prevelant.

Any other Rancid fans feel the same?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I had put off getting it,but with such a glowing review, who can resist. I guess I'll be picking it up shortly.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
butt rock will never die.

[img]http://decisivedesign.biz/kirkphotos/cornholi.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
butt rock will never die.

[url]http://decisivedesign.biz/kirkphotos/cornholi.gif[/url]
View Quote

Um, you do realize this wasn't a thread about Motley Crue right?

Cante, if you liked "Out Comes The Wolves", it's got kind of the same kind of feel (if I were to compare it to anything else they've done). But I think even better.

BTW, on the flipside, does anybody else think that "Life Can't Wait" was pretty well crap?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It has been in my CD player in my car since I got it on Christmas. I have all the other Rancid CDs and this one could qualify as the best.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm so cool I saw Operation Ivy live

oh sounds like I shoould get the new Rancid CD
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Good review, I'll have to check it out.  What's the title so I get the right one?
I'll actually spend money on this and not download it too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
"Indestructable" is the title.

Sorry, should have mentioned that. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:01:38 AM EDT
[#8]
hands down one of the worst bands i have ever seen live.  and i like them before that.

Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:11:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Ruby Ruby So Ho
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:14:35 AM EDT
[#10]
[b]Is It Me, Or Is The New Rancid CD...... [/b]

It must be you but I did have some butter turn rancid once. [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
hands down one of the worst bands i have ever seen live.  and i like them before that.

View Quote

Did they do a set soley consisting of songs from their "Life Can't Wait" album, coupled with an encore of their NOFX cover songs?

If so, that would explain it! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#12]
All you motherfucker criminals will be sucker if you don't step aside for David Courtney!

Good call Shamus, just picked it up.  Couple of pretty lame tunes, but that David Courtney made me wanna get out and mosh!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#13]
I liked Rancid the first time I heard them...

...back when they were called The Clash.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#14]
What led you to believe Rancid had signed with Warner? Doesn't Tim Armstrong (the singer) own the Hellcat record label? As far as Rancid goes, I personally can't stand 'em, but his ex wifes band, The Distillers....yeah, much more up my alley.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What led you to believe Rancid had signed with Warner? Doesn't Tim Armstrong (the singer) own the Hellcat record label? As far as Rancid goes, I personally can't stand 'em, but his ex wifes band, The Distillers....yeah, much more up my alley.
View Quote

Actually, I think I remember reading it in Playboy when they reviewed it. As well as maybe Stuff magazine?

It's funny you bring up the Distillers. A great band that IIRC either has, or is going to have, a new CD out as well.

It's another one I will probably hold out on for the time being, as they are already talking about how "different" this new album will be. Specificly, how they have shown they can do a "hardcore" album, but are branching out.

I'm afraid it's going to turn out to be a fucking Emo album.

Norman, I'm guessing you didn't like the chinese dissident song either? [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I liked Rancid the first time I heard them...

...back when they were called The Clash.
View Quote

LOL! I'm guessing you didn't listen to their last album (self titlted)?

Nothing to much Clashesque there.

Though the end of the last song did sound suspiciously like "Rude Boys Out Of Jail"...........
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Norman, I'm guessing you didn't like the chinese dissident song either? [:D]
View Quote

Not sure if I heard it yet, the damn CD player was on shuffle.  I thought I heard something about tianamin (sp?) square in one song though, was that it?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Yup, that was it.

Nothing wrong with pointing out how crappy the chinese have it. But the song was just cheesy in nature, and kind of boring I thought.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top