Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 6:40:45 AM EDT
Jesus!  It pisses me off to try to get a feel for a member or for the political climate they live in and I look up and see that they live in "USA".  There's a big difference in living in "CA, USA" or "NJ, USA" and living in "TX, USA" or "AL, USA"!!!!

Tell them to take their tinfoil hats off.  They can at least submit (ficticiously,even) what state they're from.

Secret Squirrel bullshit....
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:56:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's what I get when I try to add a poll:

FORUMS_ManagePoll 1,220957,591,'Do you like or dislike the "USA" code choice for "location" in a member''s profile?','It doesn''t bother me; I don''t care where the poster is from when I read a post.','It chaps my ass! Are they from Washington D. C., or from Louisiana - who knows?!?!','Your gripe is stupid.','NULL','NULL','N',NULL
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.  [V]

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Go take a patriot pill and chill out and watch some bowl games.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:11:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Tate, I fully agree.  In fact, I think their IP address should trigger a program which tells people where you live.  I know a couple of members who lie on that part, just to show where they lived or want to live.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:44:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree. I get annoyed too sometimes when I go to look at that and it says USA. If your so paranoid that even listing your state bothers you, I have some passports that you can doctor up and slip into Mexico or Canada if you'd like. [:P]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I always assume that anyone who lists “USA” actually lives in California and doesn’t want to admit it!  [;D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Decaf, dude.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Where do you care where I am from?  My political beliefs speak for themselves.  Location isn't everything.  If it was I would say you Texans such bitch alot!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:30:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I agree too Tate. If someone were to want to find you, they could.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I always assume that anyone who lists “USA” actually lives in California and doesn’t want to admit it!  [;D]
View Quote

Why wouldn't we want to admit it? Isn't this the Bread Makers Forum?

CW
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeast infection for 200 dollars Alex...

Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

CW
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:50:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the web sites that show your IP right there on your post.

It tends to keep a lot of the stupidity off those forums.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

CW
View Quote

Shit!The only reason I registered was for the cooking recipies.Now you want to know where I hang my tinfoil anti-radiation helmet.Sounds sinister.Better go load more magazines......THEY want to know where my bunker is.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Also nice when people are selling things,looking to buy things or talking about a local issue. "State police hassled me at the range today..."  yeah, ok, what state.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Why no "CSA"?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree, get rid of it. Only pansies and tin foil hat wearing losers would...wait a minute, scratch that...
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Why no "CSA"?
View Quote

Because there arent any.

That deal was settled A LONG time ago.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#19]
As an 18 year LEO, a lot of my views are not popular with my counterparts, even in The Brothers of The Shield" forum. Quite frankly, I don't need my off-duty thoughts following me back to my office. Those here that know me also know where I am from and what agency I am with. Those at my department don't need to be trolling my posts looking for another reason to stir up some unfounded shit on me this close to retirement.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I agree, get rid of it. Only pansies and tin foil hat wearing losers would...wait a minute, scratch that...
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Hope they never buy or sell anything on the EE....
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Hmmm, mine works fine. (thanks Kisara)

<------
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#24]
"Never ask a man where he's from.

If he's from Texas, he'll tell you.

If he's not, no use to embarrass him."

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I move around so much I figure what's the point.
<---There. Does that make you feel better?

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I mainly put NY state in my profile, except when I'm on my computer in PA, I like to edit my profile to reflect that while I'm there. It doesn't really bother me if a member puts the USA code in his profile though. I understand why someone like pale_pony would try to keep a little anonymity.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay
View Quote

For some of us, it does [;)]
View Quote

Well, give yourself a medal [:)]

If the resident trolls started seeing that their IP's were for all to see, they might think twice, and post once.

Jay
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:41:59 AM EDT
[#28]
As I don't suffer from 'net paranoia, I use my real name and location on this board. I live in Tipton IN. [:D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:03:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay
View Quote

For some of us, it does [;)]
View Quote

Well, give yourself a medal [:)]

If the resident trolls started seeing that their IP's were for all to see, they might think twice, and post once.

Jay
View Quote

If the resident trolls saw the IP addresses, they might attack the good members here and attemt to hack into their computers!  I think that due to the sensitive nature of this site, that IP addresses should be left off.  It is very easy to get a person's address from their IP address.  That kind of stuff just wouldn't be good.

But for me to say NY in my profile, that means NOTHING.  Am I near the great lakes?  Near Lake Placid?  Near PA?  Long Island?  Hey, i'll narrow it down for ya'll, its LONG ISLAND!  Damn, I bet someone will figure out where I live within the hour, right?  

Lets face it, our states are all relatively big and noone here gives a shit on where you EXACTLY live.  But I do care to see what state people reside in when responding to a post or figuring out where they come from.

Pale_Pony - don't take yourself too seriously, you'll live longer.  If you honestly believe that what you say HERE will end up haunting you at retirement, then you've got some more growing up to do and maybe you should simply watch what you say!  

Repeat after me - "Today, I will go to the tailor and have my tin hat adjusted so the blood can flow to my head."
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 8:31:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Hell, I wish I could put my province down....

I live in ALberta, which is almost liek the texas of the North [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top