Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 5:34:17 PM EDT
Anyone know to get rid of junk mail that you receive from the post office?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Send it to Ger42.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#2]
LMAO!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you mean the occaisional things the post office sends out or the junk mail you're getting mailed to you?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Send it to Ger42.
View Quote

[ROFL2][ROFL][ROFL2][ROFL]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Contact the Direct Marketing Association and ask them to place you on their list of "DO NOT CONTACT" addresses that they distribute to their members. Contact all of your magazine subscriptions, credit card companies, mail order compnaies with whom you do business, etc., and instruct them to NOT distribute your name to other companies or contact you in any way outside of normal business and billing. Every time you make a new purchase from a mail order catalog, subscribe to a magazine, renew a magazine subscription, get a new credit card, etc., instruct them to NOT contact you outside of normal business and billing and to additionally not distribute your name to any mailing lists, etc. Within 90 days you'll see a dramatic reduction in junk mail and within six months or so, you notice a junk mail cessation.

I also write nasty notes and mail back the postage-paid stuff. That reduces junk mail, too.

The USPS won't do anything about that "Current Resident" shit. They're actually paid to fill up your mail box.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Well Ill state a warning to the others here... about 3 years ago I sent for a "Delta Force" catalog... After someone told me they had some neat stuff in it. Well After that all hell broke loose and Ive been getting all kinds of somewhat gun related crap ever sence. Ive gotten Delta Press and Now Im getting Guns n Stuff I never requested that crap but they distributed my address anyway. and now the shit comes adressed to my parents If I could I would wring delta presses neck for that. Be warned do not request thier stuff. And Also I have never purchased anything from any of these companys.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont forget to send back the postage paid envelopes.  Just lck them closed and mail them back.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive gotten Delta Press and Now Im getting Guns n Stuff I never requested that crap but they distributed my address anyway.
View Quote

They AUTOMATICALLY distribute your name. You have to request that it NOT be distributed.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:11:46 AM EDT
[#9]
One time I sent back a "sample" of some of my cats finest catshit with a warning that the entire sandbox would be next to Columbia House.
I haven't gotten any junk mail from them since.

I tried to tape a prepaid return envelope to a brick to send it back to a credit card company, the post office refused to accept it for delivery.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:34:33 AM EDT
[#10]
I hate letter type junk mail about sending away for info, contests, etc. I really don't mind catalog type (other than the wasting trees thing) as I peruse them while on the shitter.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:34:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Send it to Ger42.
View Quote

[ROFL2][ROFL][ROFL2][ROFL]
View Quote

I'll see your [ROFL2][ROFL][ROFL2][ROFL] and raise you a [lol].

KA3B - I think you have to fit the large weight IN the envelope -- which is why I always include a handful of gravel.  [;D]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone know to get rid of junk mail that you receive from the post office?
View Quote

To my knowledge, the POST OFFICE has never sent me any junk mail.  I seriously doubt they've sent any to you either.

They have, though, delivered mail sent to me by others.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#13]
[url]www.dmaconsumers.org/consumerassistance.html[/url]

Background...
[url]http://jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=220369&page=1[/url]

Merry Christmas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top