Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 9:43:51 AM EDT
First of all I have never served in the military and when it comes to gun safety I
have always been taught my whole life *NEVER* to point a gun loaded or unloaded at anything that I did not want to shoot. What I am wondering is in almost every news clip of solders clearing buildings, and doing military ops and such I always see them pointing there firearms at each other, sometimes they have there fingers on the trigger and it just gives me the chills. It seems like an accident waiting to happen and im sure there have been this type of "friendly fire" accident's in the
past. Im just wondering what they are trained to do in this type of a situation.
thanks
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, 41 reads and no replies.
To answer the question, I don't know.  I suppose trigger disapline (sp) is taught and ingrained in their mind.  I don't know, I served on air craft carriers.  I will probably never know why until i go into fire and have to clear a building myself.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably because in house clearing there is plenty of overlapping of positions.  The soldiers actually use this to their advantage.  ANd their training is much differant then yours.  Theirs is as a team where yours is as an indivual.

SGtar`15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top