Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 6:17:42 AM EDT
The American Dream is one of being a productive citizen and getting rich off hard work.  At the very least, work and create a comfortable lifestyle for oneself.
I had noted for some time that Democrats didn't seem to acknowledge the American Dream, certainly not as I had always understood it.  Only greedy fatcats and the winners of life's lottery realized the dream.  The average joe didn't have a snowball's chance in hell.  
At this point, I'm not sure if the Democrats like the idea of a societal safety net because it catches all the joes who need help, or whether they are so attached to the idea of a societal safety net that they need a certain number of failures to serve as an reference point for the need.  I believe that there has been an evolution from the first possibility to the second.
The one consistent facet of the rhetoric of the Demos is need.  They need to be needed.  There are many people who need help.  Want, desire or self interest simply does not fit in with the worldview of the Demos.  Because they focus on need so much, they view themselves as the more pragmatic and practical of the two major political parties.
A lot of people are turned off because their idea of themselves as a future success or a future rich person is counter to the message of the party.
The Democrats need failures, not successes.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Democratic leaders don't give a damn about America, period!  All they are about is job security for themselves, so they can grow fat.  They need moochers, because they are all power hungry.  The more people are depending on them (government hand outs), the more power they'll have.  Democratic leadership is composed of selfish bastards whose goals are to advance their own interests at the expense of the whole country.  As for the followers, they are mostly kind hearted people, but they are ididots, sorry to say.

Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Michael Moore, noted fatass and idiot, has a small chapter in his new book about the myth of Horatio Alger.  How you'll never get rich, so dont harbor any illusions about ever doing so and instead fight class arfare against those who have become rich by their own work and risk.

The worst part is that Moore is a living, breathing example of how people from modest backgrounds can make it to the big time in America in  a matter of years.  Look at BJ Clinton, he was a complete nobody and became president through his gifts and talents.

Just fucking sickens me, this attitude.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Only greedy fatcats and the winners of life's lottery realized the dream. The average joe didn't have a snowball's chance in hell.
View Quote

The Demos used to think that they had the immigrant vote sewed up.  They believed that, for example, Mexican immigrants would always vote Democrat because they would believe the above statement.

My predication, based upon observation....

Mexican immigrants tend to be hard-working people, family oriented, willing to work to build a life.  After they work hard for their money, they don't much like the federal government taking it away to give to the lazy and useless in society.  Like most of us, they kind of like to keep their hard-earned money to use as they see fit.

I believe that honest, hard-working immigrants will become  more conservative as time passes in their voting paterns.  In other words, Republicans.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:11:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, I never noticed that Clinton's first two names start with BJ!  Ha ha ha!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:45:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Only greedy fatcats and the winners of life's lottery realized the dream. The average joe didn't have a snowball's chance in hell.
View Quote

The Demos used to think that they had the immigrant vote sewed up.  They believed that, for example, Mexican immigrants would always vote Democrat because they would believe the above statement.

My predication, based upon observation....

Mexican immigrants tend to be hard-working people, family oriented, willing to work to build a life.  After they work hard for their money, they don't much like the federal government taking it away to give to the lazy and useless in society.  Like most of us, they kind of like to keep their hard-earned money to use as they see fit.

I believe that honest, hard-working immigrants will become  more conservative as time passes in their voting paterns.  In other words, Republicans.

View Quote

I'd have to agree.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If voting patterns mean anything, Mexican communities are solidly democrat and will support any individual who promises to ease immigration restrictions on their relatives. They may be conservative in terms of family life, but they almost always support democrats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top