Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 8:02:12 PM EDT
He is now so far in the hole that he is resorting to MAKING STUFF UP!

Kucinich Ad: Compulsory Draft Could Return
Rep. Dennis Kucinich, the peace candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, is seeking donations to run one of nine, new 30-second T.V. commercials.

One such commercial, available for viewing online, is narrated by actor Danny Glover and, over a close-cropped photo of Kucinich, says:

Listen up young America. If pre-emptive war continues to drive our foreign policy; if our volunteer troops are stretched thinner and thinner...

You could be facing compulsory draft. All young Americans deserve a world without end, not a war without end.

Kucinich for President. The eyes that see through the lies.

For the record, none of the current presidential candidates - including President Bush and Kucinich himself - advocate a return to the military draft.

Posted By Late Final | Link | Email This | Tracking (0)

Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:05:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Remember folks, this man is a Congressman.  

He's your public servant.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What an alarmist (and manipulative) prick!

Draft?  Fat fucking chance, not with anything short of DPRK or PRC/Taiwan all out war blowing up in our faces.

One more major terror attack on US soil and we'll have people lining up around the block to join.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Remind me again why it's a good thing that people who don't own property are allowed to vote.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#4]
As an Ohioan, this guy's an embarrassment.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
NY Sen Charles Rangel also said the same BS, but so far the military is not really keen on the idea.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll pay $1000 to have them draft me back in!
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#8]
DU's been muttering about a draft for weeks.  The SSS has been advertising for new draft board members. I dont know if this is a sign of an immenent draft, or standard procedure that happens during peace time.  My guess it's something mundane that's only drawing attention frompeople DESPERATE to find something to scare people away from Bush and the war on terrorism.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
NY Sen Charles Rangel also said the same BS,...
View Quote

Actually, I think Rangel is advocating it, while Kucinich is warning about it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Rep. Jim McDermott will be pissed that Rep. Dennis Kucinich got to the cameras before he did....morons
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
NY Sen Charles Rangel also said the same BS,...
View Quote

Actually, I think Rangel is advocating it, while Kucinich is warning about it.
View Quote

rangel is a commie pos...[puke]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Remember folks, this man is a Congressman.  
View Quote

Same dimwit that put a Bill on the floor of Congress banning [b]mind control[/b] satellites.

DU's been muttering about a draft for weeks.
View Quote
They've beendoing that in one degree or another since the month they formed. The Draft / Selective Service Registration has been a bugaboo for EVERY male child, routinely. I hang at several computer hardware forums, and their general discussion forums routinely have 17-1/2yr old snots pissing themselves about Registration.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:46:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is my Representative...  [v]

I cannot believe that the people of the 10th Congressional District in Ohio repeatedly vote for this puke.  He is a national embarrassment.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Hell, I'll give them $1000 and I would serve for FREE (they do have to feed me, tho, most of the time, at least) if they would take my ass in.  Got rejected (officialy) once by the Army National Guard.  Tried the active duty ARMY and the Navy.  The recruiters reviewed my medical records and never called back.  All of that only because I have a deformed ring finger.  They say I won't be able to perform military duties.  Except for saluting, I don't see how a deformed ring finger can affect my ability to perform a military duty.  Yeah, maybe I can't be infantry, but I can cook, fix vehicles, etc.

Should I try the Air Force?  I am maybe too old now (31), but I have an engineering degree, maybe that would help?

Sigh.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:31:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Personnally, I think the draft will return.  It won't be till after GWB gets re-elected, but it will return
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Dennis the Menace

I have actually seen several vehicles with his stupid bumper sticker attached, but I could not find any equipment violations.

Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top