Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 4:52:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#1]
thats probably pretty true.

the amazing thing is that as bad as we can be, He still loves us and has provided a way for us to escape the day of judgement we will all face, sooner or later.
and He loves us right where we are.  we don't have to jump thru some religious hoops to gain His favor!
THAT is objective, universal truth - embodied in Christ Jesus.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Too many people wander though life clueless as to the beauty of the world - they are too busy paying off the new Lexus to "stop and smell the roses". They are blind to the life that surounds them.

Mindless and Godless - how very very sad.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Another remarkable AR15.Com coincidence. Forced by circumstance into a trip to the mall this evening, I found myself regressing to tribalism - then to imaginary cannibalism -- then I started looking for a clock tower. Between the surly African-American teenagers (and young adults) who looked like nothing so much as angry little clowns who had raided their dads' costume trunks for brightly colored, comically decorated, and grossly outsized clothes, and stopped off at either Mom's hairdresser or the poodle's groomer for a bit of tonsorial polishing, and the white kids who either dressed as much like the angry little clowns as they could or wore clothes displaying slogans calculated to offend the African-Americans, and the unvarnished idiots of all races, creeds, and colors walking 5 or 6 abreast enjoying a conversation and travelling at a pace that would send a 3-Toed Sloth stuck behind them into a lead-slinging fit of road rage, and the public uteruses whose ambulatory spawn were roaming through the crowds with minimal supervision (having apparently been warned only to stay within screeching range of mommy), and the people who obviously have no employment which doesn't involve the phrase "Would you like ______ with that," but who nonetheless must be wired in to a cell phone as they walk slowly backwards through the crowd, lest they miss an urgent call, and my own rising gorge and ire, I was, shall we say, "Not in the Christmas spirit."

Then it hit me. What better evidence could there be of Jesus' divinity? He [b]loves[/b] every one of these people! [i]I[/i] sure as hell don't, although I know I should. When I see these folks I'm thinking "Too damned bad they don't allow junk targets at my home range." Jesus saw them and said "I'll die for them if I have to." Quite a guy, he is.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#4]
"how shall we escape when we neglect so great a salvation ?"

-Hebrews 2:3 (New Testament.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top