Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 4:07:26 PM EDT
well im planning to vote for Bush! but my grandparents are democrat and are bound and determined to vote for a democrat (even though my grandpa is a gun owner-go figure) They are thinking right now about voting for John Edwards. i looked on a few websites and there seems to be no info on his stance on gun control or the AW ban.

If anyone has any dirt on this guy then please let me know.

-wolf.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
He's young, he's rich, he's a lawyer, he's a southerner, he's a democrat, he's a senator.  That's about all I know.

Oh, I also know he doesn't have a chance to be elected.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
well im planning to vote for Bush! but my grandparents are democrat and are bound and determined to vote for a democrat (even though my grandpa is a gun owner-go figure) They are thinking right now about voting for John Edwards. i looked on a few websites and there seems to be no info on his stance on gun control or the AW ban.

If anyone has any dirt on this guy then please let me know.

-wolf.
View Quote

he's a classic liberal.  he supports the AW ban and sees the 2nd ammendment as a "sporting use" issue.
-he has spent more time campaigning than in his seat as a senator for NC.  actually, i prefer his can out in the field cause i hope richard burr takes his seat since its cold!

-he schmoozed all the gunshows during his run for the senate to grab the votes of the "i only hunt and don't see a need for anything that holds more rounds than my .30-30 crowd".

-he's made a fortune as an ambulance chaser - big gun for the tobacco lawsuits.  
in short, he's a big government, nanny state democrat who didn't support the war but wants to say "he supports the troops" - they vote ya know!
i do't have anything much good to say about his voting record - basically votes like a kennedy, looks like a clinton, smiles like a carter and would weaken our military to enact all sorts of social legislation.  
hows that for dirt?  as you can tell i ain't voting for him - but a democrat vote for him may take one away from another one like gephardt or dean.  he's aiding in the cannibalization  on the left. [soapbox]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Gun grabber.[url=http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/special/president/issues/index.edwards.html]"Favors gun show background checks, assault weapons ban"[/url]

Also:

[url]http://www.issues2000.org/2004/John_Edwards_Gun_Control.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]
He is a fake psychic who isn't even leading right now in his own state.

(Just kidding about the fake psychic thing)
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Horrible gun grabber.  Got elected here in NC by soccermom's vote because he looks "cute."

Oh, I also know he doesn't have a chance to be elected.
View Quote

And I can't wait until he's a private citizen again because he sure doesn't represent me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top