Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2003 6:52:57 AM EDT
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,106396,00.html

MIAMI — A man carrying a razor blade and a hacksaw blade in his shoe was arrested at Miami International Airport (search) as he tried to pass through security checks Monday, Miami-Dade police said.

David McIntyre, 38, from Westchester, Pa., was charged with carrying a concealed weapon.

Alarms sounded when McIntyre tried to pass through an airport metal detector at about 6:20 a.m. Airport screeners asked him to remove his shoes and found the blades, officials said.

McIntyre, who was traveling with his wife and children, told authorities he forgot the blades were in his shoe, said Detective Joey Giordano, a spokesman for the Miami-Dade police. It was not known if McIntyre has an attorney.

There was a greater law enforcement presence in the airport given the holiday travel rush, and the Department of Homeland Security's (search) decision to raise the national threat level.

However, officials said they didn't believe this was what led to McIntyre's arrest.

I hate when I leave razors and hack saw blades in my shoes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Honey! Change your socks, they don't match and remember to take the blades out of your shoes.

Sheeessh....
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]
What a Dumbass, why the f*ck would you put blades in your shoes?
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:04:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What a Dumbass, why the f*ck would you put blades in your shoes?
View Quote

1.  to test the TSA

2.  to carry some self protection

3.  to commit an act of terrorism
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he's an old Maxwell Smart fan and figured if he couldn't have a shoe phone he could at least have a Swiss Army Shoe of sorts.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Why is this news?  Happens to me all the time.

[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Me too.  Why just this morning I was putting on some shoes I hadn't wore in a while.  When I got in the office I found - 2 box cutters, a center-punch, an ASP baton, 3 stripper clips of .223 and a can of mace.  Go figure.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:39:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Me too.  Why just this morning I was putting on some shoes I hadn't wore in a while.  When I got in the office I found - 2 box cutters, a center-punch, an ASP baton, 3 stripper clips of .223 and a can of mace.  Go figure.
View Quote

WOW, who needs a bug-out-bag when you have shoes like that! [:)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Maybe he's an old Maxwell Smart fan and figured if he couldn't have a shoe phone he could at least have a Swiss Army Shoe of sorts.
View Quote

Ahh yes the old blades in the shoe trick. Sorry about that cheif. [ROFL2][img]http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/cns/2002-05-08/images/shoephone.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:00:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Probably one of those wise guy who would later write an article about how easy it was to smuggle razor blades onto an airplane ("Ha ha!  Home Land Security Sucks!", "Bush is lying", yada yada yada)  Now that he's caught, he's going to complain how roughly he was treated by the airport security and cry about his civil rights. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Well the TSA needs to be handing out knifes instead of taking them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why is this news?  Happens to me all the time.

[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]
View Quote

Really, I don't understand the problem. [:D]

[DEVIL]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Ya mean you guys [i]don't[/i] have razor blades in your shoes?  What do you do if you need to get a quick shave on the run?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top