Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2003 3:40:56 PM EDT
There are those that think less of a person when they discover one is consuming a light American beer. Why?

Personally, I enjoy the occasional Guinness or other "coffe-like" beers, but mainly prefer the crisp light beers.

Let the beatings begin.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm just happy when I find a fellow beer drinker.  I'll have one more, than taper off.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Never met a beer I didnt like. [beer]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll drink to that.
Budweiser or Miller Lite for me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
when i was in germany i met several Germans that told me Coors light is their favorite. they said the mountain water(glacier runoff i guess) used in it really makes the difference. i like beer as much as the next guy, but i think the water would have to have chunks in it for me to tell the difference between fresh mountain runoff and toilet water.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#5]
The average American Lagers like Bud, Miller, Michalobe, etc. just don't appeal to my tastes. Lite beers are just nasty. I like a full bodied beer with a strong flavor. Sam Adams Boston Lager is one of my cold weather favorites. I also like beers from smaller, not necessarily "Micro breweries" but smaller breweries like Point (Stevens Point Wisc.). Leinenkugel (Chippewa Falls Wisc.) which has a great variety of beers or Straub (St. Mary's Pa.). Of course, I like a variety of Stouts and Cream Ales as well.
I'm far from a beer snob and would never turn my nose to a free beer of any kind but if I'm buying, I'll have my choice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Beer is liquid Bread ! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#7]
... Crisp enough?

[img]http://www.bestinwine.com/shop/image.php?productid=16958[/img]
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
There is only 2 kinds of beer.

1)Free Beer.

2)Beer I bought.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I tried Sam Adams for the first time Friday.  Had a wang to it...  I'll stick with Miller Lite, or regular old Coors!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:42:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Some people just think they are "cool" if they drink the nastiest swill possible; thus, they can say you are a pussy for not liking their manly beer....
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 5:46:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is only 2 kinds of beer.

1)Free Beer.

2)Beer I bought.
View Quote

So true I will try almost any beer atleast once from Olympia to Arragont Bastard Ale.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
...Leinenkugel...
View Quote

yah

linies or killians red for me

local store sells leinenkugels original 24 bottle cases for like 11$

that being said i dont turn up my nose at any of the macro-beers, and thier is nothing like a bush light 40

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:07:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I've been acussed of being a "Beer Snob" by a couple of my coworkers.  I prefer an import, that's either an English Pale Ale, such as Bass, or something along the lines of a nice hardcore Porter, and even a guiness from time to time.  Even though I tend to have expensive taste, I still do really enjoy a Bud that's Ice cold, especially when the guys get together for pizza, beer, and football.  That, and I live next to a Bud factory.  Nothing like smelling Barley and Hops on the way to and from work everyday.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:48:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Depends on the mood (or the budget) for me.  I like most everything, from Milwaukees Beast, I mean Best, to Guinness, Bass, or Harp.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:51:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh yeah Harp, good beer.  I like Bass, St Pauli, and good old Shiner Bock from Baja Oklahoma.  Bud Dry and Bud Light is as far down the chain as I will go.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Yuengling, America's Oldest brewery makes excellent ale and premium beer[beer]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:29:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Beer in general taste like shit.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:35:57 AM EDT
[#18]
I drink Coors Light most of the time, but I do like imports or microbrews alot.  They are just too expensive for me to drink daily.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:42:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean...taste like Piss ?
Because it is, ask any brewmaster or chemist.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:03:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean...taste like Piss ?
Because it is, ask any brewmaster or chemist.
View Quote

[:D]

I think alcohol is bacteria waste.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:03:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The average American Lagers like Bud, Miller, Michalobe, etc. just don't appeal to my tastes. ..
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner
and michelob... they still make michelob??? Not really beer, so it doesn't count.

Pilsner urquell(sp) from chech/slovokia/republic thingie is a great one to try.
Ditto for shiner bock.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:05:57 AM EDT
[#22]
What who is bashing the all mighty cold beer?
Let that person be stoned until death.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:42:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree...and they make a damn good lager too!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:35:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Personally, my current favorite is Moose Drool...
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:41:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The average American Lagers like Bud, Miller, Michalobe, etc. just don't appeal to my tastes. ..
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner
and michelob... they still make michelob??? Not really beer, so it doesn't count.

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

I guess it's clear who the beer snob is.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:49:53 AM EDT
[#26]
To me Beer is Beer.....

Bottom up!.....Last One pay the tab! [beer]

Link Posted: 12/22/2003 5:04:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

Bud is a lager? since when besides like carona it is made with rice, rice has no place in beer. Miller lite is a pilsner, but MGD sure as hell ain't. The best beer made in Wisconsin is Leinenkugels, be it Red, original, Northwoods or any one of the many others they make. I was pissed when I went out to DC and I couldn't find any. Than one of the bartenders at the hotel we were staying at told me about this place in Georgetown that did have it and I was happy again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I like it all, though I tend toward the darker ales and lagers. Stone Pale Ale currently is my favorite.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:50:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

Bud is a lager? since when besides like carona it is made with rice, rice has no place in beer. Miller lite is a pilsner, but MGD sure as hell ain't. The best beer made in Wisconsin is Leinenkugels, be it Red, original, Northwoods or any one of the many others they make. I was pissed when I went out to DC and I couldn't find any. Than one of the bartenders at the hotel we were staying at told me about this place in Georgetown that did have it and I was happy again.
View Quote

Budweiser call's their 'beer' a lager- bottom fermented. budweiser.com
Ask them about the "beechwood aging process"-- they put wood chips in the tanks-- they don't put beer in wooden barrels.

I don't drink miller lite. Remember high life??
(actually I don't drink either - I'm pure and innocent)
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

bud is a lager
miller is a pilsner

Ditto for shiner bock.  
View Quote

View Quote

Budweiser call's their 'beer' a lager- bottom fermented. budweiser.com
Ask them about the "beechwood aging process"-- they put wood chips in the tanks-- they don't put beer in wooden barrels.

I don't drink miller lite. Remember high life??
(actually I don't drink either - I'm pure and innocent)
View Quote

Wasn't trying to be a dick on th budwiser thing I just never considered it as a lager. I remember highlife, still drink it too. I like it better than Lite. I actually only drink Miller if there is no Linies around. And I never drink Budwiser. Don't know why but for some reason it tastes funny to me.
[url]www.leinie.com/home.asp[/url] my beer of choice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Beer makes me shit, especially cheap American beer that comes in 30 packs.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
when i was in germany i met several Germans that told me Coors light is their favorite. they said the mountain water(glacier runoff i guess) used in it really makes the difference. i like beer as much as the next guy, but i think the water would have to have chunks in it for me to tell the difference between fresh mountain runoff and toilet water.
View Quote

This summer while working on a project in KY the Germans who were onsite with us celebrated at the end of the job with none other than Coors Light.  I couldn't believe it myself.  Of course they drank it room temperature (about 75 degrees F.)which would normally turn me off.  I like my beer cold.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#33]
[family guy] Pawtuckett Patriot! [/family guy]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Bring on the Iron City.  Only 3 bars in Atlanta area that I know of carry it.   One is a Steelers bar.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#35]
I prefer rootbeer myself.  I find A&W and Mug to be preferable.

A good malta isn't bad either.  Malta Polar or Malta Regional being some of the better choices.  Regional is for those who prefer a sweeter choice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#36]
quantity interests me more than quality [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#37]
I like beer...
I like pie...

BTW, make mine a Coors Light![beer]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Anchor Steam mmmmmmmmm [beer]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

You are correct, sir. I also enjoy a good Paulaner Munchen. Kar98 turned me onto that stuff, and I have to say it's outstanding. Grolsch is also nice.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#40]
[u]Here's what I know about beer:[/u]

I'd rather [b]drink[/b] it than [b]talk[/b] about it. [beer]

[lol]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There are those that think less of a person when they discover one is consuming a light American beer. Why?

[:D]
View Quote

Because it means your gay.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Because it means your gay.

Sgtar15
View Quote

you know, i do drink heavily and tend to kill a great many brain cells, but i distinctly remember somebody drinking at least one of my bud lights at gunstock!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:33:11 PM EDT
[#43]
I lived in Kalifornistan when the microbrew "revolution" began. Shit, I never tasted such shitty beers. Pyramid Ale & Hefewietzen aren't too bad, but you can pretty much keep the rest-including Anchor Steam (if you can get the shit to quit foaming long enough to drink some of it-and BTW, it's actually Anchor STEAM beer. STEAM being the brew process).
I'm originally from St. Louis (beer and fighter jet capital of the world) and call me sentimental but I still prefer:
Michelob
Bud Light in longnecks
Busch in longnecks
Heineken is pretty decent, Spaten Munich is OK once in a while, and I occasionally enjoy a well-tapped Black & Tan. (it's an art)
P.S. Red Stripe is actually pretty good, and Leinenkugels (sp?) isn't too shabby either.
Keep your microbrews and heavy-assed Euro beers. You won't have to worry about me buying the last six-pack if I'm in line in front of you. I'd rather drink water.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Stella Artois - it may be Belgian and they may speak French.  But it's damn good beer!

But you can't get it in the US!!!!  [>Q]
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I know you can get Stella in Atlanta and in Boston, not sure if it is avaiable in other markets in the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Nothing worse than American lite beer out of a can... Yuk !

My fav's; Red Hook ESB, Sam Adam's lager, Czech Pils Urq, Amstel, Hieneken, Grolsch, Pretty much any German Pilsner.

On the cheap ; Kokanee, Labatt's Blue, Henry Weinhardt's, Molson.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 6:49:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I prefer rootbeer myself.  I find A&W and Mug to be preferable.
View Quote

My wife & I were at one of those resturants where they brew their own beer on the premises, and the also brew their own ROOT BEER! My wife is a root beer lover, and she ordered a glass; she loved it, the only problem was that it costed $2.50 a glass, which was kind of steep for her.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:07:46 PM EDT
[#48]
No offense taken Photo-
Budweiser also has a 'papery' aftertaste to me-- must be the wood chip flavor...

What is mgd if it's not a pilsner?? I never looked.  

Rootbeer- Don't you have the IBC brand?? In the brown bottles?? Stewarts is also pretty good. We also had a restaurant that brewed their own--- an ungodly amount of white sugar in that stuff!!!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top