Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2003 4:09:19 PM EDT
I am looking for something that will also enhance room volume and be easy to wear..Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:50:05 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Custom fitted electronic ear inserts.
2. Peltor Com Tacs, fit under helmets and have radio inputs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had the Peltor Tac-6's and Tac-7's.  I currently have Pro-Ears Dimension 2's.  Both are great, technically I guess the edge should go to the Pro-Ears because they "compress" rather than "clip" the loud sounds, but I think I may have liked the Peltors just a bit more.  

Also consider, Peltors have one 9 volt battery.  If it goes, amplification goes.  Batteries are cheap and you can get them literally everywhere you can buy a battery.  Pro Ears use 4 N batteries, with separate controls for each ear, so if you leave one side on over night and it dies, the other side will still power up.  Batteries are more expensive, but not prohibitively so, and although you can get them in walmart, you may not be able to get them in a gas station, etc, where you could still get a 9v.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 3:47:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I also have both the Peltor Tactical 6-S and the Peltor Tactical 7-S models.

The Tac 7s use one nine volt battery. The Tac6s use two double A batteries in each earpiece, and have a volumn control on each cup.

My personal experience has been that the 7-s has better sound quality and better noise reduction. The 6-S is more comfortable to wear, especially while shooting rifles.

Unfortunately, the 6-S does not provide enough decibel reduction when shooting my AR-10 (which is pretty loud), and sometimes I will have a slight ringing in my ears after doing so. Never had that problem with the 7-S, but they are a little bulky. Hard to get a good cheek weld without clanking them on the stock. Shot lots of trap with the 7-S with no problems.

Haven't tried the Pro-Ears, but I think they are true stereo, giving a better feel for where background noises are coming from.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:05:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Peltor Comtacs.

1.  radio capable

2.  cut for helmet use

3.  uses AA batteries - easily solar recharged
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top