Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2003 5:31:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:36:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly, we probably lack the stones to hang the bastards.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:45:01 AM EDT
[#2]
You folks are entirely too negative.  Just think of the bright side.

Obviously, they're all enjoying the creature comforts of imprisonment right now.  Just think of the all night interrogations and sleep deprivation, the joys of sensory deprivation, withholding of food and all the other little things that their little traitor exercise will provide.  I wonder who is going to crack an spill the beans first.  Is it going to be Ahmad?  Perhaps Sahid?  No, I bet it's going to be Hosni.  Just think and then they can tell us who their contact is and then we can go get them!  Yippee!

Our interrogators just received a huge present in time for the holidays!

Edited to add:

I had to include this.

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031218/capt.dv11112181700.topix_iraq_saddam_dv111.jpg[/img]

I wonder how long it has been since Saddam had to sit on a bare floor?  I wonder what is going to happen next after the camera goes away.  Oh, the imagination runs wild!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
In a related story: Rope store in Iraq is overnight success.

Lord, these people better grab a G.I.s leg and hold on, They are going to be in deep doodoo when they're countrymen get to them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately that's what happens when you have to hurriedly recruit indigenous peoples.

In my world they would all be summarily shot & shoveled.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Cripes!! I'm glad they got that list!! It'll save some of our guys lives...

On another note, I wouldn't be too surprised, if we have a pretty good handle on the situation by MAY or so...

I hear 3000 82nd Airborne [s]soldi[/s] troops are going in...

Hope Free ain't one of 'em.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Unfortunately that's what happens when you have to hurriedly recruit indigenous peoples.

In my world they would all be summarily shot & shoveled.
View Quote

Exactly, it happens everytime you use indigienous forces.  It happened to the Germans in WWII, the French and us in Indochina etc....
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#7]
… "We were badly infiltrated," said the official…
View Quote

I can only assume that all the old Vietnam vets in the military have since retired.

It’s inexcusable for anyone to be surprised by this!!  [pissed]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:13:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
… "We were badly infiltrated," said the official…
View Quote

I can only assume that all the old Vietnam vets in the military have since retired.

It’s inexcusable for anyone to be surprised by this!!  [pissed]
View Quote

I assure you, the only people surprised by this are the media fucktards.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought I remember reading when those two soldiers were ambushed and it was thought that their throats were cut, that someone in the U.S. command said that "Obviously, some of the police we've trained were in on this" or maybe it was another ambush.
If I were the U.S. authorities, I'd tell recruits in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that if they're caught conspiring with insurgents, it's STRAIGHT TO THE FIRING SQUAD. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dinars.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#10]
gamesniper:What about the 70 virgins?
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Fucking idiots.

I mean, when the Americans decided to de-Baathify Iraqi bureacracies and authorities after we conquered Iraq, the newspapers and critics started howling what a blunder that was. The decision to purge the new government of Baathists was regarded as a TERRIBLE BLUNDER by the conventional wisdom of the media up till now.A symptom of the Bush team's incompetence and lack of planning for post-war Iraq.

Blunder?  We did the same fucking thing in Nazi Germany, why would this be any different?  But the American authorities conceded to the idiots on the newspaper editorial boards and started re-hiring the same motherfuckers we were fighting a few months earlier.

Now we're shocked some of them are still playing for the other team?  WAKE THE FUCK UP!  Take your cues from history, not the New York Times!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top