Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 11:43:00 AM EDT
Has made me hungry...I just cooked up a fine BBQ Cheddar Cheese Burger...

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#1]
We don't have Whataburger here in the Ozarks. Is it really that good?  Inquiring hillbillies want to know!

Edited to add that I'm eating Hallacas and Pan de Jamon that mom and I made yesterday.  Christmas time is a good time to be a venezuelan redneck.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm having microwaved popcorn.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We don't have Whataburger here in the Ozarks. Is it really that good?  Inquiring hillbillies want to know!
View Quote

It's a notch or two above McDonalds, but still fast food, i.e. yeechh.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't be caught dead in a Whataburger.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, all these damn Whataburger threads…  I think it’s high time we started a dialogue about banning clean_cut.

(I kid dude!  You’re awesome!)
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ba Dum dum dum.

Don't forget to tip the waitress, and try the poi. Clean will be here all week.[wave]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 12:52:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Whataburger is the bomb,

after 11:00 pm, you can get breakfast.

(of course in the morning but thats not when im up.)

Two words.. Taquitos.

Bacon Egg and Cheese Taquitos.

with picante ,

no drunk food better, no munchie snack finer
than taquitos.

In fact I don't know that I have ever had a "Whataburger" from there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF is a Whataburger???

Is that some new thing at Crack Donalds or White Crap-hassle (White Castle)?

I've been to a few southern states on vacation, but can't seem to remember seeing any thing like that there.  In San Antonio, I saw some place called Jack-Off-In-A-Box, where the rest of my family ate there, but I insisted upon eating at Arby's across the road.  The next two days, the three of them were fighting over the bathroom with food poisoning, and I was out rollerblading & having a great time.

I've not seen one in San Antonio, Brownsville, Crystal City or a couple other places in Texas...

I've not seen them in Naples, Fort Meyers, Sanibel Is., Captiva Is., or North Captiva Is. (or any other surrounding islands).

I've not seen them in Phoenix, Tucson, or Kingman AZ, and nearby Laughlin & Las Vegas NV...

WTF is a Whataburger, and is it good?  WHERE are they?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh hell yes! A #3, double meat, double cheese with jalapenos!
The closest one to me is at Crissmon and Apache Trail.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Whataburger = White Castle = In and Out...
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whataburger = White Castle = In and Out...
View Quote

This thread is making me puke...  If Whataburger  is like White Castle, It's NASTY.

My dad always said that I have to eat White Castle once in a while just to remind myself how disgusting it really is...

I remember once when my last GF made me go to White Castle in St Paul (I didn't eat there, I waited until she was done to eat at burger king, 'cuz I can't stand that shit).  I laughed my F#CKING A$$ OFF when I overheard a cute little white girl (had to be about 4 or 5 years old) there ask her father, "Daddy, if this is white castle, why are there so many black people?"

One of the funniest things I've ever heard!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]
What's White Castle?

Sounds racist to me, heheh.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Fatburger anyone??

Double King w/ cheese and bacon....nice
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#15]
What's White Castle?
View Quote

Yankee Krystal.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#16]
They have the best Ketchup...but the quit carrying the chorizo and egg Taquitos...Now those were the best thing in the world at 4 in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:13:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Their burgers have a lot more meat in them than the others.  A more for your money thing.  I like their food, but try to avoid it so I don't end up with a "Whata-belly".
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#18]
No franchises outside of Texas.

Double-meat Whataburger with double-cheese, bacon and jalepenos all the way please!
BURRPPP!

ETA: My mistake; they do have franchises outside of Texas.

[url]http://www.whataburger.com/[/url]

[img]http://www.whataburger.com/images/wbstory/burger.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:12:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Edited to add that I'm eating Hallacas and Pan de Jamon that mom and I made yesterday.  Christmas time is a good time to be a venezuelan redneck.
View Quote

[url]http://www.elplacerdecomer.com/webs/website2/hallacas2000/panjamon/PJam.htm[/url]...Now WTF is it???
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.elplacerdecomer.com/webs/website2/hallacas2000/panjamon/PJam.htm[/url]...Now WTF is it???
View Quote

Hallacas are the venezuelan version of Mexico's tamales--only ours are much superior[;)].  They're bigger, wrapped in plantain leaves, and filled with beef, pork, ham, cheese and other goodies.  It takes two days to make 'em, but it's worth it.
Pan de Jamon is a sweetened bread with ham, prunes and olives rolled into it.  Ah, that's the good stuff!
These two items are Christmas staples back in the Old Country.
Thanks for the recipe link, W-W!
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No franchises outside of Texas.
View Quote

Lies
[url]http://whataburger.com/findwb.cfm[/url]
[img]http://whataburger.com/images/findwb/map.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Funny, I've been in three of those states, and STILL haven't seen a single Whataburger there...
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#23]
whats all this anti-whataburger talk?!

Ate there the other night.. whatachickin sandwich with fries and a dr pepper
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:21:26 PM EDT
[#24]
No way!

Thumbs down on Whataburger. Sonic sucks also.

As gross as Whataburge is, it's still better than McDonalds.

If someone would figure out how to make a burger to feed Astronauts in space: It would be a McDonald's burger. They are like a burger covered in thin wax.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Whataburger is NOTHING like krystals or white castle...GEEZUS!!!  Whataburger was founded in Corpus Christi, TX.  my father went to school w/ the dude who started it all.  its WAY better than McD's.  the thing ive noticed about Whataburger though is that...depending on which resturant you eat at...it is either really good...or really shitty.  the taquitos and the B.O.B.s are the shit in the wee hours of the morning!  and yes..they HAVE expanded outa Texas in the recent years.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
yes..they HAVE expanded outa Texas in the recent years.
View Quote
More than just recent, I believe the one in my home town in AL has been there at least 25 years....
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
More than just recent, I believe the one in my home town in AL has been there at least 25 years....
View Quote
i stand corrected....youre right...i had always heard though that the Whataburgers outa Texas were never that successful.  the first outa state resturant was in Florida, it opened in 1959.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#28]
no white castles or jack in the box or whatever down here, but, and maybe its being near corpus christi...................whataburger kicks the dog shit out of sonic, mcdonalds, burger king, dairy queen and the like...................

and ooooooooooh, how many times ive bought breakfast drunk off my ass at 2 a.m. i have no idea.....................sausage egg and cheese please
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote
i stand corrected....youre right...i had always heard though that the Whataburgers outa Texas were never that successful.  the first outa state resturant was in Florida, it opened in 1959.  
View Quote

I know that growing up we had I think 6 in Tallahassee, now I believe we're down to 4.  I still get something from there every time I'm home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top