Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 8:35:21 AM EDT
Who to listen to for some good music. Girl at head shop recommeded Opeth, and I never heard of them.

What do you guys listen to?

I lean toward rock/metal/punk/acid type music.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Rammstein.

Frankie

SGtar15
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Lately, I've been getting back to the basics; Led Zep, Bowie, Iggy, the Clash.
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Rammstein.

Frankie

[red]SGtar15[/red]
View Quote

I heard that last band sucks.[;D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The single greatest album of 2003 is Apocalyptica's 'Reflections' album.  Of course, this only applies if you like classical music as much as metal.  These are the guys who made their names doing beautiful covers of Metallica songs via 4 cellos.  They have matured into an unbelievable music making machine, and have other instruments involved now.  Dave Lombardo is a guest drummer on a couple of songs.  Unfortunately, it is not available in the US (due to contract issues, not protest) so I had to buy mine from Amazon.ca.

Another excellent metal/classical album is Malmsteen's 'Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar'.  

These two albums are must haves for those with a taste for the genre.

PS: Dream Theater's latest album blows, so if you liked some of their older stuff, this will dissapoint.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Tool

A Perfect Circle

Prong

Korn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top