Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/3/2019 10:46:42 PM EDT
Star Trek: Enterprise was the best star trek. That is all.  

And it had some nice looking women
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
TOS
Enterprise
DS9
TNG
Voyager
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
DS9 > TOS > TNG > Voyager > Enterprise

Haven’t seen Discovery yet.
TNG is my favorite because what I grew up with.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Archer was an extreme jackass who condemned an entire civilization to extinction, when he had the cure in hand to save them from the plague that was wiping them out, based on some nebulous concept of "not interfering with evolution's plan" as if there were some grand plan that nature had in mind.  He was one of Trek's greatest villains, second only to Janeway.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discovery is really starting to grow on me, Pike is a bad ass.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
“Way to kill the franchise, Backula!” - Sulu’s disembodied head
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Racist.  You only like it because a white man is in charge.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Archer was an extreme jackass who condemned an entire civilization to extinction, when he had the cure in hand to save them from the plague that was wiping them out, based on some nebulous concept of "not interfering with evolution's plan" as if there were some grand plan that nature had in mind.  He was one of Trek's greatest villains, second only to Janeway.
View Quote
I remember that one.  2 races the same planet. One was being evolved and the other devolved. Archers doctor refused to treat them because it's unethical to interfere in natural selection. Because by doing so would affirmatively condemn the other race where by letting nature take its course would alleviate the responsibility of choosing which race would survive.

at least that was their explanation of it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#12]
DS9>Enterprise>TNG>TOS>whatever
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#13]
It has really stood up well and season three is the best of the lot.  Ive probably watched the whole series a dozen times now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh hell no! I kept wishing the weak ass captain would make his next leap home.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:55:15 PM EDT
[#15]
all Star Treks suck
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#16]
TOS>TNG>DS9>the rest was shit
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:56:32 PM EDT
[#17]
They should have done a dark and gritty 5-year story arc on the rise and fall of the Terran Empire.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I remember that one.  2 races the same planet. One was being evolved and the other devolved. Archers doctor refused to treat them because it's unethical to interfere in natural selection. Because by doing so would affirmatively condemn the other race where by letting nature take its course would alleviate the responsibility of choosing which race would survive.

at least that was their explanation of it.
View Quote
It was an excuse to be a monster of the passive, apathetic kind.  Which kind of describes the Federation in general, being that it's a communist oligarchy, just without the death camps.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Oh hell no! I kept wishing the weak ass captain would make his next leap home.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2019 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#21]
TNG and TOS were garbage.

TOS was campy as hell. There are a few episodes that overcome the horrible sets. Nothing came together. I will ignore the technical nonsense because I realize that it wasn't really made for a rabid fanbase.

TNG was hot garbage with a few decent episodes. Very few episodes had any sort of repercussions by the next episode. The technical plot holes were egregious. Q et al were the worst sci fi creatures ever made. Split the ship, happened once. Deflector shield manipulation for every problem. 2 of every season were decent, one was good. The other 23 could have just been footnotes.

I liked Enterprise. Wasn't as bad as the critics hit it for. Lot's of character development and the story went forward in many places based on what happened prior.

DS9 isn't Star Trek. It was Trek trying to be Babylon5 and ended up being the best Trek because of that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:00:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I enjoyed the series but there were a few cannon issues so it isn't the best.

I will say, I will never find Jolene Blalock guilty of anything.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Janeway was a fucking hero who properly threw away the "gentle, benevolent, kind, enlightened" touchy-feely style of command that ever-PC Starfleet Command tried to force upon all its people,  when survival of her crew was at stake.

She got her ship and crew back home after being tossed 70,000 light years across the galaxy by forces difficult to comprehend.  She left a wake of death, destruction, and slaughter in her wake that would have impressed the shit out of Ghengis Khan if he'd been able to see it,  if that's what it took to keep her crew safe and get them home.   Not only that, she brought it back with intact and functional alien technologies that the Federation could explore and implement, saving CENTURIES of development time.   Advanced Transwarp and Slipstream technologies.  Biotechnologies.  Libraries full of information gathered along the way.

FUCK the Prime Directive if that's what it takes to bring your crew safely home.   Adherence to a moral code that gets you killed is not a win.

I watched so little of Enterprise that I can't tell you a thing about it and have no opinion about it.   Discovery's teasers and preview spots were so bad that I chose not to watch it.  But I saw the season 2 premiere episode from CBS online just yesterday.   It certainly had way too much libtarded SJW bullshit in it, that's for damned sure, but it had its good moments.

Right now I think The Orville is the best Star Trek series since Voyager.  And that's not saying a lot because Seth McFarlane is a ham-fisted hack.  But if they can keep his influence to a minimum,  it can be a pretty good show.  The most recent episode (last Thursday's, where the doctor knocks boots with the robot) was actually pretty damned good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:06:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I got you op.  Always liked the more raw feel of Enterprise.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:07:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Whichever one has more battles and less cruise ship wins.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow.  You're so wrong...in so many important ways.
Did you even watch DS9?  LOL
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I was born in 65 and grew up on TOS, and I was always a fan though it is "dated" looking now, but I still enjoy catching reruns in H&I (Heroes & Icons) network.  I remember TV guide showing one of the first pictures of the "new" Enterprise for TNG before it came out, and I thought it was hideous.  Still not a fan of the giant saucer and little engines, but I got used to it and the show grew on me.

As for DS9 and Voyager, I couldn't get in to them when they premiered, and just lately have been watching it on H&I if nothing else is on.  Can't stand the Ferengi much, and really can't stand Neelix on Voyager.  And I do like Enterprise, though it's funny to see a ship with controls and displays that are far more futuristic than the original Enterprise had, but imagine them trying to make it looker lower tech than the big plastic buttons on TOS ship.  It would look pretty piss poor.  

I haven't seen Discovery, I don't feel like paying for the CBS all access.  I'll probably watch it one of these days though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:12:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hated it at first. Was Meh after finishing the series. Had it's moments but was mostly a scifi soap opera.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Haters gonna hate! Yet it was rather good! As is season 2 of Discovery...
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I can’t get enough Bajoran mysticism. Really the best thing ST has ever done.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Enterprise was nothing but one of Riker's holo-novels.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They should have done a dark and gritty 5-year story arc on the rise and fall of the Terran Empire.
View Quote
I actually really enjoyed those couple of episodes.

Actually liked Enterprise, but my least favorite character was Archer.
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A white man who likes to yell "Black Alert! Black Alert!" too
Link Posted: 2/3/2019 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:08:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:12:32 AM EDT
[#40]
TNG > TOS > DS9 > ENT > VOY
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#41]
The whole temporal cold war thing was terrible.  Time travel is over used in sci-fi generally, and Star Trek specifically.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#42]
It was pretty much garbage until the last season.  I only found that out later, as I quit in season 3? back when it first aired.

Season 1 Archer is certifiably insane
Season 1 Tucker is a good ol boy who just don' rightly know how them thar warp engeenes are 'pposed to work.
Season 1 Mayweather is there
Season 1 T'Pol is a bitch
etc...

By the last season, Archer is thoughtful, T'pol is no longer a bitch, Tucker is a smart engineer who happens to have a southern accent... and Mayweather is there.

I don't know why Hoshi was on that show.  Meh.  The actress got a paycheck.  So she had that going for her.  Which is nice.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#43]
TNG is my fav, but I really liked Enterprise and found it very refreshing. In every other ST show, the captain always seems to have all the answers. It's boring after a while, frankly. I found the way they kind of stumble / bumble through tough new challenges to be much more realistic than the godlike captain worship that is kind of the hallmark of the other series. Real cutting edge exploration probably wouldn't go as smoothly as these shows tend to suggest. Enterprise goes the other way with it, which is a good thing imo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:16:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would be interested in a show set entirely in the mirror universe.

As to the OP's comment.

I truly enjoyed the series, and will agree that it was the best. TNG is the minimum enjoyable today as it's cheesy, campy, and the practical effects are dated. Voyager and DS9 are in the same boat. Enterprise was the first series that everything on the set was real and usable. It looked like you could actually go on set and believe you were standing on the bridge of a space ship, you know, as long as you didn't look forward.

Enterprise and Discovery are visually stunning and fully believable.

While I liked the TOS and think Kirk was the best ST Captain. I don't find it as enjoyable to watch as I did, when I was a kid. It's the only Trek not in my library.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I think this is my listing as well. Normally I'd say enterprise is my favorite but honestly I think I've watched ds9 more.

Quoted:
TNG is my fav, but I really liked Enterprise and found it very refreshing. In every other ST show, the captain always seems to have all the answers. It's boring after a while, frankly. I found the way they kind of stumble / bumble through tough new challenges to be much more realistic than the godlike captain worship that is kind of the hallmark of the other series. Real cutting edge exploration probably wouldn't go as smoothly as these shows tend to suggest. Enterprise goes the other way with it, which is a good thing imo.
Yea I liked most of enterprise if we pretend the ending episode didn't happen. That was so horrible it tainted the entire series.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#46]
TOS had, by far, the best stories, and the best of those best stories were the ones where Kirk justly disregarded the Prime Directive for the idiotic nonsense it is.

Read:

Keelhaul Enterprise! by William Stone III
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:14:12 AM EDT
[#47]
This would've made Enterprise more interesting.

Warp. 5 Decon Engineer
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#48]
DS9 was my favorite. I'm not sure why, I just liked it. And if not for all the filler in the last season, I think there would be a case to be made that it was the best. They just didn't have enough story for how long it went, so they were trying to stretch it out and kept going down these rabbit trails nobody cared about.

Objectively speaking, I think next generation was the best. It actually got better as time went on. It started out kind of meh, but wow did they ever pull it off in the end.

Voyager I think was better than people gave it credit for. It didn't have the same "holy shit I want to live in that universe" appeal that the others did, but the story line was solid and it moved pretty fast. It was plagued by some really shitty characters though. That was the best part about next generation is that all the characters were awesome. DS9 was pretty good in that regard, too.

Enterprise was a lot like Voyager in that it didn't have the same charm as TNG and DS9, but it got really good especially towards the end.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#49]
The first series had a lot of attractive young ladies of their time. As for more recent Star Trek series I preferred Star Trek Voyager. 7 of 9 was very attractive and their stories were usually interesting and thought provoking. Like the episode where 7 of 9 had a baby and it used the Dr.'s advanced technology holographic device to develop super Borg powers, just before a Borg cube ship appeared and attacked the Voyager. Another episode was the one where one of the crew members had a Holodeck program with characters looking something like Ming the Emperor from Flash Gordon and left it running just before a group of holographic alien life forms arrived on the Voyager tried to make contact with the holodeck characters thinking they were an alien race. But, the holodeck characters killed them and declared war on their group.

And, I did try to like Deep Space 9, but, it was a total snore fest. It was like a Soap Opera version of Star Trek. And nothing ever happened except soap opera drama. I especially hated those stupid Ferengi characters. They should have been banned from Federation space eons ago.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#50]
It sure was, but only because it was a holodeck simulation.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Top Top