Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 1:40:38 PM EDT
That you wear often or everyday. I actually wonder if I should, considering the number of random shootings in Houston. Of course, it has to be lighweight and concealable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was illegal to own body armor unless you were a LEO or EMS?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I thought it was illegal to own body armor unless you were a LEO or EMS?
View Quote

Maybe in the PRK, but not here in Texas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it's illegal to possess one if you're a convicted felon.  I have an Interceptor, not concealable of course [:)]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I wore my Interceptor with front and back ceramic plates frequently.

But that was when I was in Iraq over the last few months.

Not military or LEO, I was there as a support contractor to the US Army.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Some states, the commie ones, prohibit felons from possesing armor, and some prohibit the wearing of armor in the commision of a felony. A bill is in the congress to prohibit the private ownership of body armor, but I believe it is unlikely to pass.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
and some prohibit the wearing of armor in the commision of a felony.
View Quote

AS IF.........

"You got your vest on Slim?"

"What you talking bout Willis? You know it's illegal to wear body armor when you're robbing a bank.?

"Oh, that's right, I guess I'll take mine off."

What a bunch of freakin idiots.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
What's the stuff they're wearing in Iraq nowadays called? I want to buy one off eBay or here! M-L, as-new with ceramic plates please.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
and some prohibit the wearing of armor in the commision of a felony.
View Quote

AS IF.........

"You got your vest on Slim?"

"What you talking bout Willis? You know it's illegal to wear body armor when you're robbing a bank.?

"Oh, that's right, I guess I'll take mine off."

What a bunch of freakin idiots.
View Quote

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What's the stuff they're wearing in Iraq nowadays called? I want to buy one off eBay or here! M-L, as-new with ceramic plates please.
View Quote

I believe you're referring to the Interceptor vest.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I have two level II vests I picked up from the sheriffs office, they're bulky and uncomfortable, but with the right under shirt, and a pullover jacket you can wear them pretty much anywhere w/out anybody looking at you wierd.
I used to wear mine all the time, then I got a CPL, and if it's my time to go, it's my time to go.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Only a surplus PASGT vest, Brit flack vest I pick up cheap for the hell of it & assorted steel pots (US, Brit M44, E German, Italian, Czech, Swedish, Swiss, Portugese) .  I'd really like to find an affordable old USMC vest-M55, the one with the hard plates.  Strictly for historical & sentimental reasons (dad wore one when he was in the dirt Navy).  Actual modern, concealable armor..not yet.  I'd get a few funny looks wearing a flak vest & steel pot...............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top