Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2003 10:54:58 AM EDT
Having one of these things would rock, pity about the price, and that it is LEO only...

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105808,00.html
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw on the history channel that there were guns with bent barrels to do just this.  Used in WW2

The barrel lasted about a few hundered rounds.

TXL
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The Germans had guns that shot around corners during WWII. It was a barrel extension that was put on the Sturmgewehr 44, or the MP-44. It's nothing new, nor very exciting. Sorry to rain on your parade.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Actually I don't think that would even be considered a gun, more like a stock. I doubt you would even have to have an FFL to order it. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#4]
It's not the same as what the germans used in WW2. That one had a bent barrel and some goofy sights to aim around corners. It didn't work very well, and it was dropped. This thing is, like AS said, basically a stock (an expensive one, but a stock nevertheless).

Put any number of guns there, and aim around the corner.

At 3K to 5K, way too expensive, but we'll see if it actually works.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's not the same as what the germans used in WW2. That one had a bent barrel and some goofy sights to aim around corners. It didn't work very well, and it was dropped. This thing is, like AS said, basically a stock (an expensive one, but a stock nevertheless).

Put any number of guns there, and aim around the corner.

At 3K to 5K, way too expensive, but we'll see if it actually works.
View Quote

Do you have a source for this info?

I have read several accounts of the krummalauf/krummerlauf (blatantly misspelled, phonetic rendering).

It had prismatic sights and was described as accurate and effective in the accounts I have seen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#6]
You'll shoot your eye out.  :)

- N20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top