Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 10:34:37 PM EDT
I heard that some AR-15 producing companies skipped certain “non-essential” stages in the manufacturing process just before the ’94 ban and Y2K in order to put out rifles faster to meet the temporarily increased demand.

Did Bushmaster have any issues with this? Is there any indication that they might have such troubles right after the ’04 Sunset?

I’m asking about Bushmaster in particular because I trust their product quality more than just about any other brand, and would be disheartened if that quality might be (temporarily) compromised. However, info pertaining to any company on the history/future likelihood of these “rush production” problems would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember Bushmaster coming out with a run of rifles that had a purple tint to the finish back in '99. I think we called them bushampsters for some reason. Other than that this is the first I ever heard of it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
bumb (anything else?)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top