Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2003 10:06:42 AM EDT
I know there are a bunch of Saddam threads all going right now. While related, this one is a bit different.

It is being reported that the 'informant' may have been someone in Saddam's own family. If that turns out to be the case, should we pay that person the $25mil reward?

I would rather see it go to the families of the dead and wounded US troops, or as a service bonus to all who served in operations in the area, before we pay a member of Saddam's own family.

What do you think?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Pay it.  fair is fair.  Let's pay the 30 pieces of silver to the snitch, and maintain our credibility.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]
If we offered a reward for information that leads to SH's capture. Then we should pay that reward.

Nothing like being a two-faced, welching, low-life, liar.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Pay.

We must keep our WORD.

Remember, we still want info on Osama Bin Laden, WMD's, etc.....

If we renig now, forget about informants in the future.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I agree that it should be paid. I guess I am in a bit of shock that the 'informant' might turn out to be a relative. Seems bittersweet that we should pay one of the mongrels family members $25mil of our money.

Perhaps we could treat it the same way as a lottery winning, tax it at 40%, then make them report the remainer as income, tax that at 35%, etc, until we get it all back.

Maybe the relative could just have an 'accident' on the way to collect the reward. You know, hit by one of those roadside IEDs or something while on the way to collect.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Money well spent.  How many potential lives have been saved because he was found now and not 6 months from now?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Money well spent.  How many potential lives have been saved because he was found now and not 6 months from now?
View Quote

Right on.  Think of the tax money that has been saved by finding him now and not having to look for him for another 6 months...

-HS
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Pay the reward, doesn't matter to whom.

Keep the word of the USA.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Of course you pay!

Would Saddam have been turned in if we hadn't paid the reward on his sons?

Would anyone snitch out Osama if we didn't pay now?

C'mon, tell me this picture isn't worth 25 million!

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031214/capt.lon82812141626.iraq_saddam_capture_lon828.jpg[/img]

[size=4]Tonight, despots will sleep poorly.[/size=4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top