Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 4:55:04 PM EDT
OH. Am waiting here to deliver a load tomorrow. Any good local bars?

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd recommend about 3 days poking in the corners of the USAF Museum.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, USAF Museum, but if not that...I don't know...if you are still online, I can drive up there and meet you for a beer...will take me about 1 hour to get there...reply right away if you want to do it...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]AIRFORCE MUSEUM!!![/b]

It is awesome.

(bar right across the street from the base)
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes, USAF Museum, but if not that...I don't know...if you are still online, I can drive up there and meet you for a beer...will take me about 1 hour to get there...reply right away if you want to do it...
View Quote

Just got back online. Not sure driving is a great idea tonight  [:D]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:55:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Aviator I assume you are in Ohio and not Oregon, right?

Get on US23 and head North. Proceed past state border and keep going till you hit exit 80. Sunoco station on right is i 1/2 miles from me. I'll buy breakfast and drinks.

Jerry
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
USAF museum has truck parking,and when yuo are in Nebraska,visit SAC museum on I-80 between Lincoln and Omaha.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Local bar -->  Woodland Hills bar.  near the University of Dayton.

1001 Brown St.
Dayton, Ohio, 45409
United States
phone: (937) 223-1069

The Hills" as the locals call it, is a Dayton tradition. A farily friendly bar with an interestring mix of people. It can get crowded on weekends, but mostly is a nice place ot go to enjoy a variety of beers. Most of their interesting beers are in bottles. A great atmosphere, sometimes live music, and pool tables, air hockey, and decent music coming from the juke box all add up to a great place to enjoy a beer while along Brown Street.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:43:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most of their interesting beers are in bottles.
View Quote

Try Little Kings Creamn Ale, only in the Little bottles. Or as an old Army buddy of mine called them, Little Devils. Damn, I wish I could get my hands on one! Or more!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Get on US23 and head North. Proceed past state border and keep going till you hit exit 80. Sunoco station on right is i 1/2 miles from me. I'll buy breakfast and drinks.

Jerry
View Quote

Free food?  Hell, I'm just North in Columbus, I'll let you buy me breakfast [;)]

I'll give some dittos on the Air Force Museum.  Hell of a nice way to spend the afternoon.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I know Aviator from elsewhere, so the honor to meet him is real. I didn't know that he traveled this far East.

Jerry
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:29:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Make the AFM a must. Easy to get to.

If the annex is open, take the small bus they provide and go across the airfield to it. There are a lot of wonderful WW2 warbirds over there too. Wish I could join you, I need a AFM fix. I've gone there since I was a little kid (I'm 45 now) and remember a time when you could crawl through the B-25C.

I think the Wright's house has been sold to a private party. Not much else in Dayton of interest.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:57:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quaker Steak & Lube Col Glenn highway. Couple of miles from the AFM. WO Wrights(bar) 2 blocks from QS&L.

Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:15:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Do not forget a trip to Ohio Rapid Fire.  Certainly a well know builder to those of us who visit the darkside.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Jerry
View Quote

He is a fellow gold miner  [:D]  
Am up in Sidney OH now

Aviator
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top