Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2003 1:59:13 PM EDT
I don't have kids yet (or at least none have come forward). I would like to have kids soon, but will have to live vicariously through all of you with young uns.

Who is getting their kid a great gift this year? Let's limit it to 18 years old and younger so cars and firearms make the list.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, my 14yo daughter is getting a brandy new stainless 10/22.  My boy a new leatherman, however for his graduation in June we got a Serbu .50 for him..heheh.

We always get the kids something firearms related.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My 8 year old is getting a 410 shotgun or a .22 rifle i cant make up my mind which to get him.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My goddaudgter/neice is getting a Chipmunk .22 with a pink stock.

Her older brother got to go hunting rabbits last year and now she wants to go.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Car insurance. Six months for Christmas, six months for birthday.

rk
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, my 14yo daughter is getting a brandy new stainless 10/22.  My boy a new leatherman, however for his graduation in June we got a Serbu .50 for him..heheh.

We always get the kids something firearms related.
View Quote

Holy shit, now that is a cool Dad! I can just see the expression on his new dorm roomate's face as he lugs the Serbu into his dorm room, plunks it down on the bed where the roomie already had his stuff, and says "I think I will take this bed."
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 2:57:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Lots of "Dorah the Explorer", "Whinnie the Pooh", and similar stuff.

Hey, they're only 2 and 3 after all.

I'll spoil them later! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#7]
My 8 year old is getting a Sony Play Station 2.
(He already has 2 rifles [;)]

I know, I know, go for the X-Box but he wants the PS2!
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My 8 year old is getting a 410 shotgun or a .22 rifle i cant make up my mind which to get him.
View Quote

My friend....get him a .410-.22 over and under....

Check out this [url=http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-m6scout.shtml]Springfield.[/url]

edited to add;   my Stevens 410/.22 was my first gun. My uncle gave it to me when I was 9.  He bought it at a yard sale in Bristol, Tn for $15.  It is as worth as much to me as the Drilling my grandpa gave me that he brought back after WW2...you never forget your first....even if she was cheap and easy (no reference to the Springfield).
-HS
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Good call Hillbilly, even though I don't like the Scout. I think(?) it was designed to be used by pilots as a survival gun. A better choice for  a practical gun with the same configuration would be the Savage [url]http://www.savagearms.com/24f20.htm[/url]. I think it would have to be a 20 gauge and not a .410.

Keep in mind I own neither of these, but the Savage is more of a substantial firearm with a real stock, etc.

Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:24:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I am excited to have bought my 9 YO a 6hp offroad go-cart. Used but like new. I wanted to find him a motorcycle or 4 wheeler but the go-cart is still way cool. Can't wait to see his reaction and hope he rides it constantly, even though the yard will be fcked up! (hope the dog doesn't get run over either)
Now what to get the 3 YO brother that won't make him feel snubbed. He wants a machine gun and to make a HALO jump! May settle for a cap gun if I could only find one these days...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top