Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 2:32:56 PM EDT
My old machine died.  I now have a new one with a decent CPU and a more modern graphics card.  
Was looking for a good 1st person shooter type game today, and thought I'd ask opinions here among those who play.  Will be mostly single player, but some LAN stuff once a month.  Would prefer WW2 era, but not stuck on it if a more modern sim has more impressive AI or graphics.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, there's Army Operations which is the best game there is and is also free, but it's only multiplayer.  I've never played those other games.

Oh, and I would HIGHLY recommend Operation Flashpoint.  GREAT singleplayer AND multiplayer.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#2]
for single player MOH:AA, but FPS are best online, and nothing beats BF1942
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Call of duty!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:35:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Based on experience...

Metal of Honor kicks butt
Battle Field is great.

With MOH, once single player is done its not much fun (always the same) except multiplay which my son and I play often.

Battle Field is great in Single or Multiplayer. In single player mode playing the same mission over and over is rarely the same.

Santa is bringing Call of Duty.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm gonna hold out for the Battlefield: Vietnam that is supposed to come out Q1 of 2004.  Should be excellent.  IMHO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top