Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 6:59:28 PM EDT
We've got a member here who is in Navy A-School in Charleston who is interested in attending USNA. I've already let him know that CH46 Driver and my classmate NavyDoc1 are here, but if there are any others I've missed who would like to post some tidbits, suggestions, etc., here for the guy, I think he would appreciate it.

I'll refrain from mentioning who he is. If he wants to announce it, he will.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, he's already in the Navy, so all you West Point types can go back to licking Saturday's wounds. He can't go to your cute little school up north.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It is an interesting point, i don't see why a navy enlisted couldn't go to one of the other academies.

Watch out, we have a real football coach now.  Pete Carroll did some good stuff with USC, lets hope West Point can at least compete again.

As much as it sucked getting our asses kicked, I am glad Air Force doesn't have the CinC Trophy anymore.

Oh, and our school isn't "cute" (neither are our female cadets, but that is beside the point).  I have seen USAFA, USNA, and USMA.  You can't match West Point for pure visual splender.  Oh, and your mothers dress you funny.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:38:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It is an interesting point, i don't see why a navy enlisted couldn't go to one of the other academies.
View Quote

Would be interesting to look up, wouldn't it?

As much as it sucked getting our asses kicked, I am glad Air Force doesn't have the CinC Trophy anymore.
View Quote

Amen, brother! That thing belongs at a REAL Academy! The fact that it's now at the BEST Academy is icing on the cake! [:D]

Oh, and our school isn't "cute" (neither are our female cadets, but that is beside the point).
View Quote

[lol] You have that problem, too, eh?

I have seen USAFA, USNA, and USMA.  You can't match West Point for pure visual splender.
View Quote

Beautiful, but you can't deny the place looks like a friggin' medieval jail...

Oh, and your mothers dress you funny.
View Quote

Oh, I see! YOU guys dress like the monkeys in [i]The Wizard of Oz[/i], and our mothers dress US funny? [lol]

WOOP! WOOP! WOOP!

BTW, I really hope you guys win a few games next year. Even when Navy went 0-10 one year, we still beat you guys, so it was a winning season, but 0-13 in one season, and 15 straight losses! [:o]

I'm surprised your coach made it off the campus (or whatever you guys call it) alive!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a medieval jail?
It IS a medieval jail!

Never heard the monkey's in the wizard of Oz reference before.  You guys must have stayed up nights thinking of it.

It is a shame when a school like West Point can show so little leadership on the playing field.
Read the bio of the new coach.
Aside from going to the super bowl, he went to VMI and his two sons went to USNA and USAFA.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:53:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks like a medieval jail?
It IS a medieval jail!
View Quote

Well then! Q.E.D.! [:D]

Never heard the monkey's in the wizard of Oz reference before.  You guys must have stayed up nights thinking of it.
View Quote

You went to West Point for four years and NEVER heard this? You never wondered where "WOOP! WOOP! WOOP!" came from? Wow...

Watch the movie, and you'll be sending the Commandant a letter demanding the uniforms be changed (or, even better, you'll sue the makers of [i]Wizard of Oz[/i] for defamation).

It is a shame when a school like West Point can show so little leadership on the playing field.
View Quote

Amen, brother. Believe me, I know! [:(]

When I heard that Navy was 7-4 going into Saturday, I almost fell over! [:o]

UNHEARD of!

Read the bio of the new coach.
View Quote

Yeah. They were talking about it on Fox & Friends this morning. GOT to be an improvement, boy!

Aside from going to the super bowl, he went to VMI and his two sons went to USNA and USAFA.
View Quote

VMI? [b]VMI?[/b] UUUGGHH!! [puke]

At least his sons had some sense!

Man! Can you imagine the conversations between him and his boys now? [lol]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe he is a plant!
I know a couple of Rats.  I can imagine the comments now, "Had to go to a VMI grad to find some leadership, eh?"
[:(]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#6]
You have my sympathies, friend... [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top