Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 11:35:45 AM EDT
I am heading out for an AEF rotation in a couple of months.  I volunteered for Iraq.  I got a call back, they need a guy in europe or the east coast as well.  I declined and restated my choice.

I am the ranking guy in my career field going, the europe choice is neat, 100 a day per diem and important.  East coast sucks and it not a player.  Iraq allows me to do my part and take my turn in the crappy places.

I have ended up in some bizarre places over the years, important to the total effort but not in the most dangerous of locations.  What do you guys think?

I'd go the hell if they needed me there, I just keep getting weird offers. Important to total effort is ok, but I really hate that it never takes me to the dreaded "tip of the spear".

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#1]
what do you do in the service?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing interesting normally, it is just the locations that are interesting.  These days it is in the CE area, with "other duties as assigned".  
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, if they won't give you Iraq, I'd take Europe.  Better than getting stuck on the East Coast.
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Pick the place YOU can do the most good.

The tip of the spear is nothing unless there is a powerful push behind it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top