BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2003 1:52:18 PM EDT
http://www.msnbc.com/news/1002051.asp?0ct=-302

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard about this on FOX.  They are trying to get around the campaign finace laws.  I hope they get it done.  I would be willing to send more money to do it.  
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
are they going to have shows, of just own the channel?
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/1002051.asp?0ct=-302
[/url]

Hell yeah!

They will have firearms related programming and news programs.

Its a end run around the Campaingn Finance Reform bill.

Oh, and they are also looking at buying radio stations too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]
While sorting really old magazines recently, I ran accross a copy of The American Rifleman from  1991. The issue's biggest story was  "NRA To Start TV Network".

I believe it when I see it.

With cable it'll  be easier, by I'll wait and see.

CKMorley
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I think this is a really good idea and would give the NRA a lot more power and freedom.  I know a lot of people here on the board do not trust the NRA when it comes to certain gun rights especially the AWB.  But truth is the NRA is a huge organization with a lot of pull and we need to do what ever we can to support them.  If they screw us other next Sept. dealing with the AWB then let them have it by not donating money and being members.  But we need to support them now and tell them exactly how we want them to handle things and if they don't then they will not see any more money.  

Just think of what the NRA could do if every gun owner in this country was a member.  70+ million member organization.  WOW!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:02:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I just now heard a blurb about it on MSNBC and came to this site to check it out...

cool!

Are they going to hire TRG and ILL to host the Bump-Fire series, and Mojo & Frisco to host the Class-3 varmint hunting series with their tour guide "TRG"?

PS: Are they going to play Planet of the Apes all the time? [LOL]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#7]
There was something like this on NPR last night. Apparently, if the NRA gets a TV station and a radio station, they can call themselves a "media outlet" and thus would be completely protected under the 1st Amendment just like any other news outlet.

I think it's fairly ingenius, personally. ; )  And this is from a guy who is occasionally critical of what the NRA does.

jim
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:09:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Is this going to be a normal channel, or will we have to subscribe to it?

Will the cable/satelite companies carry it? Do they have to legally or can they refuse?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe they will just buy OLN.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:12:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Let me guess, they'll have a show called "Wayne's World."

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#11]
It would be nice if it was just regular cable. I’d watch it, especially if they had a good variety of programs.

Ideally, the add ban on the “Campaign Finance Reform” law will be found unconstitutional, however. Then an NRA channel will just be a bonus.

Quoted:
Let me guess, they'll have a show called "Wayne's World."

View Quote

Party time! Excellent!
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Along the lines of "NRA getting its message out", did they ever open that restaurant in Times Square?
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 4:28:19 AM EDT
[#13]
You guys see this:

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105281,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You guys see this:

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,105281,00.html[/url]
View Quote

I guess John Fucking Kerry doesn't know about the whole freedom-of-speech thing... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There was something like this on NPR last night. Apparently, if the NRA gets a TV station and a radio station, they can call themselves a "media outlet" and thus would be completely protected under the 1st Amendment just like any other news outlet.

jim
View Quote

I think it's a great idea! Fight the media on their own ground!

I was thinking to myself the other day why the NRA dosen't make and run commericials showing the truth about guns. Guess none of the major networks would carry it, so next step would be to create your own network!
Link Posted: 12/10/2003 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Hi Quib,

I agree completely.

And just so you know, the NRA *does* have paid info-mercial type programs on periodically. I try to catch them when I can but I really get angry at seeing the video they play (from Australia perhaps?) of the crane picking up hundreds of rifles and putting them into some kind of grinder or something to destroy them.

They're good to watch anyway other than that. It continues to drive me NUTS that people don't get more upset about giving up their essential liberty like that...

jim

p.s. It would be funny to see a well produced NRA ad campaign on Prime time Must-see-TV wouldn't it?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top