[#1]
Was she hot at least?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Op why you didn't tell the lady to STFU?
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#8]
It really takes very little effort to be courteous and kind. Sad how many people forget that.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#9]
The Home Depots around here are staffed by hood rats.  They would not take none of that shit and probably punched the lady out in the face.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:48:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Old people who have to wait like 5 minutes on line at the bank can be vile once they get up to the teller.  As if the teller has anything to do with the inadequate staffing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ah! two reasons.

1. She was so self absorbed, NOTHING I could say would make her see how mean she was and PROBABLY just turn her anger towards me
2. I was more concerned about the HD cashier and making him feel better.

Although in hind sight, I should have walked up to her in the store and ask her "Excuse me do you work here?" https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Op why you didn't tell the lady to STFU?
Ah! two reasons.

1. She was so self absorbed, NOTHING I could say would make her see how mean she was and PROBABLY just turn her anger towards me

Although in hind sight, I should have walked up to her in the store and ask her "Excuse me do you work here?" https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif
My wife will do that...if I am with her and she sees a man/woman acting like an asshole to the cashier or worker.

When the rude customer looks at my wife they start to tell her somthing until I inevitable let them know she's my wife, they look at me and then pipe the fuck down.

Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#12]
So you're saying people are assholes. Tell me something I didn't know.....

I generally dislike people, but I try to kill most with kindness. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ah! two reasons.

View Quote
So you basically stood there while this poor guy was getting berated and didn't say anything because you were afraid she might yell at you.

You followed your feelings.

Got it.

I work in customer service so I know what its like to get berated and not able to do a thing about it .So I make it a point to say something when I see someone else who cant say a thing because they don't want to get fired.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Like many people I worked a soul sucking retail job in high school. I still remember how rare it was for customers to be not stupid, rude, inconsiderate, or often all three. It always stuck with me so I try to be that one guy they'll deal with that day who's polite and not an asshole.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Why I no long work retail.

Middle age white women are the absolute WORST.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:56:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Old people who have to wait like 5 minutes on line at the bank can be vile once they get up to the teller.  As if the teller has anything to do with the inadequate staffing.
View Quote
Probably the same people who hold up the line at the store by paying with a check and then balancing their checkbook...
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So you're saying people are assholes. Tell me something I didn't know.....

I generally dislike people, but I try to kill most with kindness. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time.
View Quote
So, what do you try to kill the rest of them with???

Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#19]
If someone is being an asshole I call them out on it. I don't care that in today's society I'm the asshole for challenging people. I'd prefer people hold doors for other people and get a thank you and people be courteous, but it almost never happens. Sounds like that bitch needed a cunt punt.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I always try to be polite and kind to everyone at all times.

One of the very few fundamentals is that life is suffering. Life is hard, something is always trying to make you sick, hurt you, take your money, to kill you. I try to make life suck a little less for everyone I meet.
View Quote
This post gets it.

If i am a dick to you, you’ve earned it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

One of the very few fundamentals is that life is suffering. Life is hard, something is always trying to make you sick, hurt you, take your money, to kill you. I try to make life suck a little less for everyone I meet.
View Quote
Quoted:
It really takes very little effort to be courteous and kind. Sad how many people forget that.
View Quote
Yup. Completely agree, it's not difficult. I often notice sometimes people (while not overtly rude) don't even utilize basic manners.

"Hi, welcome to X, how are you?"
"Large pepperoni pizza."

No acknowledgement, no please, no thank you.

Best one I ever saw was in, Utah when I went out skiing. Guy was making a scene at the car rental counter. I forget the circumstances. Real POS. Throwing credit cards at the guy, etc.

The agent politely handed him back the card and said "Too bad money doesn't buy class."
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree with this 100%.
I’m a cynical, cold-hearted, self-centered dick.
However, it’s really not fair to take all of that out on strangers.
Manners and civility are what grease the gears in the machinery of society.
Wanna be a dick, go live in a Unabomber shack in the woods somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:02:20 PM EDT
[#23]
This time of year is when you tend to see it more. I always try to be understanding, and especially now, when it seems like everyone is understaffed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Precisely........ and costs exactly nothing
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Dealing with women of unusual incivility?

"Gosh, I'm awfully sorry about your weight."
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If someone is being an asshole I call them out on it. I don't care that in today's society I'm the asshole for challenging people. I'd prefer people hold doors for other people and get a thank you and people be courteous, but it almost never happens. Sounds like that bitch needed a cunt punt.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Don't know. It was dark and happened so fast. But ya know, sometimes physical attraction goes out the window once a nasty woman opens her mouth and horrible words spill out.
View Quote
This right here.  Nasty people are inherently unattractive.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:11:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dealing with women of unusual incivility?

"Gosh, I'm awfully sorry about your weight."
View Quote
and your husband left you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:13:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Working in retail while in high school was the start of my journey to my dislike of Humans...
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:14:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone who doesn't call me by my full name " Sir Squire Sebastian Senator", gets a full verbal beat down.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:15:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not only is it easy to be courteous, it usually makes the interaction easier and more smooth.

Just be nice, people.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is a great goal to strive for. Simple in theory, but can be surprisingly difficult in practice. A lot of people get caught up in their own problems that they forget it's not always about them. Thanks for sharing; it made a difference already.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My wife will do that...if I am with her and she sees a man/woman acting like an asshole to the cashier or worker.
When the rude customer looks at my wife they start to tell her somthing until I inevitable let them know she's my wife, they look at me and then pipe the fuck down.
View Quote
So, you walk around Home Depot with a black latex suit while your wife pulls you along with a leash?
Sometimes, "shock" works too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So, you walk around Home Depot with a black latex suit while your wife pulls you along with a leash?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
interesting fetish you have there bro
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
I know I need to do better at this, and I'm not proud of myself for being that way.  I get frustrated easily at times and I'll take it out on people who have nothing to do with it.  Not in a screaming, cause a scene kind of way, but I just don't treat them the way I'd like to be treated if the situation were reversed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I agree with this 100%.
I'm a cynical, cold-hearted, self-centered dick.
However, it's really not fair to take all of that out on strangers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with this 100%.
I'm a cynical, cold-hearted, self-centered dick.
However, it's really not fair to take all of that out on strangers.
Me too. Not too long ago I got nailed for speeding in the rural county I live in. The following week, after a shitshow of a work day, head over to pay the fine. The "address" for the JP was something like "a mile west of FM whatever, turn left, JP 1/4 mile on the right". So when I get there I half joke about it. Eldery lady in her 70s mentions it's because nobody could find it otherwise. We end up shooting the shit about guns cause of the shirt I'm wearing. Convo turns to work due to my mentioning just got off work at 0800 and headed straight to pay the fine. She reflects, it must be a good gig as I seemed happy!

Truth was I was fried after 12 hour shift of hell, was paying a couple hundred for the ticket and just wanted a drink and sleep. But I sure as hell wouldn't take it out on another person just doing thier job. It really ain't that hard to be civilized even for an antisocial prick on a bad day, such as myself.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice. Same here.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Watched some white collar business woman just tear into the poor cashier at Home Depot. Cashier was some 60+ year old man (probably retired) Tree lot was PACKED with people so HD could have used a few more people to help but, just wait your turn and they will get to you. I realize I was there 20 minutes before closing time so I KNEW I would be part of the rush. I allowed enough time for just this. Lady was just hammering this man you could see he was pretty shaken up. I tried to joke with him and told him I deal with consumers every day and I "get it" and don't let it get to you man, she is just a miserable wretch and has to spread that nastiness.

I hope my words calmed him down. https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_sad.gif

Some people need some serious attitude calibration.
View Quote
I take it you didn't tell the bitch to keep a civil tongue in her head or Santa would be leaving her a bundle of switches and a lump of coal?

Lightweight.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Its a stressful time of year, sadly the holidays tends to bring out the worst in people.

I highly recommend doing all of your shopping online if possible.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#41]
The irony is that she was giving this guy a hard time through her efforts to buy an icon of the Christmas Season

Although, Home Depot refuses to adequately staff their stores. I suppose that is how they remain competitive against Lowes for lumber and garden merch. and Amazon for everything else. Still, no reason to take out your frustrations on the one guy who is actually there trying to serve customers.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's a classic some have probably heard before.  A guy at the airline ticket counter wasn't happy about something and resorted to the "Do you know who I am."  (who hasn't heard that one?)

The girl attendant got on the loud speaker..."Attention passengers.  We have a gentleman at the  counter who doesn't know who he is.  If anyone could identify him,  it would be greatly appreciated."  
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#43]
El Paso, TX.  Wealthy Mexicans flood the malls and stores near Christmastime.  In Mexico, they are gods...and act like it.

I'm #3 in a line of twelve at the Auntie M's waiting to buy my bride a hot pretzel.  A Hispanic female, clothed in the finest and dripping gold pushes her way to the front of the line with her stair-step litter of grossly obese whelps in tow.  She literally pushes the young girl trying to order out of the way, and begins barking orders.  In border Tex-Mex mangled 'Spanish', of course.

That's it.  I'm not having it.  My lily-white Irish butt tapped her on the shoulder, and LOUDLY informed her that the line started waaaaaay back there...and that this was Texas, where we didn't tolerate that kinda crap.  When she pretended not to understand English, I switched to Castilian Spanish and repeated myself.

Never saw a Mexican go that white.  She scuttled back to the end of the line with her crotchfruit.

A pretzel never tasted so good.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#44]
I would have said something to HER in the midst of her tirade.

I HATE waiting in line but it's not the fault of the cashier if the store is busy, I only get irate when the cashier and a customer decide to blab on for 5 minutes about their personal lives, save that for the hair salon or bar..............not a busy store.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I took a second job as a pizza guy a while back. I was shown was petty, entitled shits a huge chunk of the population is.. it was depressing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I was tempted to be rude with my internet provider when they wouldn't temporarily suspend my account after my house was hit by a tornado. I started to answer with anger but instead I was just thinking "really?". I ended up having to put my account on vacation mode and pay half my normal bill to keep it active for 6 months until we could go home.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:47:41 PM EDT
[#47]
My grandpa used to say "You can get a true measure of a man when you see how he treats people that can neither nothing for him, nor nothing to him."  I have found these to be wise words.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So you basically stood there while this poor guy was getting berated and didn't say anything because you were afraid she might yell at you.

You followed your feelings.

Got it.

I work in customer service so I know what its like to get berated and not able to do a thing about it .So I make it a point to say something when I see someone else who cant say a thing because they don't want to get fired.
View Quote
LOL will not end well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:53:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
El Paso, TX.  Wealthy Mexicans flood the malls and stores near Christmastime.  In Mexico, they are gods...and act like it.

I'm #3 in a line of twelve at the Auntie M's waiting to buy my bride a hot pretzel.  A Hispanic female, clothed in the finest and dripping gold pushes her way to the front of the line with her stair-step litter of grossly obese whelps in tow.  She literally pushes the young girl trying to order out of the way, and begins barking orders.  In border Tex-Mex mangled 'Spanish', of course.

That's it.  I'm not having it.  My lily-white Irish butt tapped her on the shoulder, and LOUDLY informed her that the line started waaaaaay back there...and that this was Texas, where we didn't tolerate that kinda crap.  When she pretended not to understand English, I switched to Castilian Spanish and repeated myself.

Never saw a Mexican go that white.  She scuttled back to the end of the line with her crotchfruit.

A pretzel never tasted so good.
View Quote
If you are ever back this way, beer is on me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 12:54:03 PM EDT
[#50]
You want uncivil and down right nasty?
Observe welfare fatties when their free shit card gets declined or doesn't work.

Some of the most spectacular checkout meltdowns I've ever seen.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top